PDA

View Full Version : Cool layout (needs coding tho)

anonlmous
06-05-2009, 06:27 AM
I've made this cool layout for my website, but I need it coded, if you would like to help pm me, and if you do do it plzz email me the download (i will write what needs doing below it if your gonna code) Enjoy looking at it, plzz leave your comments on it..http://img.habboupload.com/1241520515.png
I need the three sideboxes and mid box to be expandable and when you hover over the icons in the menu box the a list of links (eg. go to habbohd.net and hover over the goodies or community and see the links show up in the bar below, thats what I want to happen, when you hover over the icns in the speech box, the links show up in the green box) Thanks tons!!! (ohhh, dont take any offence by my sig, i just get 20 creds to wear it.. :)

Jazzier
07-05-2009, 01:05 AM
How many threads are you going to make?
Be patient, and someone will code your layout eventually.

Sluing
07-05-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't like this layout whatsoever, it's not very cool at all.

1. It shows no uniform at all. You've got downward strips, cross strips, rounded corner boxes, pointed corner boxes, some sort of strips in the banner's font, outlining in a box. It's so horrible, it's pathetic. The colors also show no uniform at all.

2. Why a speech bubble for the navigation? Makes no sense.. Also, they navigation buttons are way too jumbled.

3. Why bring the banner down beside the nav on both sides, in fact, why do it at all? I personally don't like that at all unless you're actually going to use that space. Don't add something like that unless it's featuring something unique about your fansite.

anonlmous
07-05-2009, 06:18 AM
I don't like this layout whatsoever, it's not very cool at all.

1. It shows no uniform at all. You've got downward strips, cross strips, rounded corner boxes, pointed corner boxes, some sort of strips in the banner's font, outlining in a box. It's so horrible, it's pathetic. The colors also show no uniform at all.

2. Why a speech bubble for the navigation? Makes no sense.. Also, they navigation buttons are way too jumbled.

3. Why bring the banner down beside the nav on both sides, in fact, why do it at all? I personally don't like that at all unless you're actually going to use that space. Don't add something like that unless it's featuring something unique about your fansite.

***?!?! Those were pethetic reasons, those spaces will be filled on the sides, and at least Im trying to break away from the same old layout every time.. Get better reasons, lol :)

l3etrayed
07-05-2009, 05:36 PM
***?!?! Those were pethetic reasons, those spaces will be filled on the sides, and at least Im trying to break away from the same old layout every time.. Get better reasons, lol :)

They weren't pathetic reasons at all. Fair enough your trying to "break away" but this isn't working. As said above the colours are way to harsh on each other, looks like you've just gone mad with the paint colour pallete. Spacing between "content areas" are completely uneven. Icons in the navigation bar look very cramped. The square top and rounded bottom of the sub content boxes on the left don't go well with the all rounded main content box. Black outlines always look to harsh when used with colours and white. Try a darker shade of the background colour of the box.

Basically you just need to work on composition and smaller touches which when mastered gives you the leap to being a decent designer.

iCicada
10-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Good luck with the site and layout! :)

I would code, But It looks hard.

William93
10-05-2009, 07:48 AM
When someone in the thread asked why the navigation was in speech bubbles, I went back and had a look and at first I thought the 3 boxes on the left were the navigation - I didn't notice the navigation at all at the top.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!