PDA

View Full Version : Triple-Booting?

Implement
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I have XP and Vista, dual-booted, but now I want to install Windows 7 to but don't want to loose either of my current partitions, is it possible to triple boot? or is that a bit to extreme?

I also have another question, seeing as though Windows 7 has the same system requirements and stuff as Vista, does that mean that my drivers that work for Vista will also work for Windows 7?

+REP to whoever gives me the answer.

Barmi
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
As far as I am aware, you can run as many operating systems as you have partitions. So if you were to set aside a third partition, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run a third operating system. No different to what you have already done, really?

Implement
07-05-2009, 04:07 PM
hmm, thanks, if I installed Windows 7 it wouldn't bugger up the Vista bootloader would it? I hate having to re-install the bootloaders etc.

Will my Vista drivers work for Windows 7 or not?

mat64
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Most drivers will work with Windows 7, but that doesn't mean you'll find some that won't. I'd suggest using something like EasyBCD (http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1) for this, makes editing the bootloader alot easier.

Implement
07-05-2009, 04:33 PM
I have EasyBCD, but does EasyBCD work on Windows 7?

Berch
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
If you have XP and Vista installed already and now installed 7 on a new partition you wouldn't have to do anything the boot loader from 7 would find Both XP and Vista and your new 7 would all be bootable.

Berch
07-05-2009, 05:03 PM
If you have XP and Vista installed already and now installed 7 on a new partition you wouldn't have to do anything the boot loader from 7 would find Both XP and Vista and your new 7 would all be bootable cuase that's what I done as well had XP and Vista installed and wanted to see what 7 was like and didn't have to do anything it found it all it's self.

EDIT: ***? I edited my post and it made a new one instead :S Can a mod merge them please?

mat64
07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I have EasyBCD, but does EasyBCD work on Windows 7?Works fine for me on a XP/7 machine I have.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!