PDA

View Full Version : I get Lightheaded when i run my fastest?

Kightly
07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Over the last 2 months, whenenever i run my fastest in football i usually go lightheaded for 5 seconds? Is there a way to stop this? Im not too sure whether its the way i breathe or not?

e5
07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Make sure you have a light snack and a drink before you play. That may help :).

Kightly
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Make sure you have a light snack and a drink before you play. That may help :).

I always do though lol?

e5
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
It depends. If you are feeling ill during your workout, it may be a sign of trouble. If you feel sick immediately following an abrupt cessation of exercise it may be normal. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, if there is a slowing of blood volume from decreased activity, it may cause a drop in blood pressure which sometimes results in feeling dizzy. To avoid becoming dizzy, slow down gradually and be sure to include a cool down period at the end of each workout, especially an intense one.

Glitter
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
adrenalin?

:Technical
07-05-2009, 08:37 PM
You should have a decent breakfast (example; bannana, wheatabix and a glass of milk). The next meal I advise you should have is during lunch time (around 12-1) which should also be healthy and full of energy (example; pasta, bottle of water/milk/actimel etc, fruit, yogurt).

Do you wear a headband? Perhaps this is too tight?

Maybe you aren't breathing right - it should be in through the mouth and out through the nose.

If these techniques do not help then I do advise you see a doctor, worst symptom could be lack of iron in the body.

This is only my assumption, I'm not a medical adviser.

Soy
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Dehydration, you should be drinking about 2L of water fluids a day

I myself drink 3.5L a day.

Just try it for two weeks and see how you feel after, 'the volvic challenge'

LoveToStack
08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Headrush. Same as when you get up too fast. It wont happen if you build up speed gradually rather than going all out as fast as you can.

Zak
08-05-2009, 05:19 PM
low blood sugar levels

try drinking something like lucozade

Abbie.
08-05-2009, 05:38 PM
this happened to me alot

low blood pressure and low iron!

id get it checked out, mine got really bad and id faint alot, and it somehow turned into vertigo which is really not pleasent

brandon
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Headrush. Same as when you get up too fast. It wont happen if you build up speed gradually rather than going all out as fast as you can.
Headrush is a great feeling, I love it.

LoveToStack
08-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Headrush is a great feeling, I love it.

Same; something about having your eyes wide open and not being able to see intrigues me.

Con
08-05-2009, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=:Technical;5785710]Y

Maybe you aren't breathing right - it should be in through the mouth and out through the nose.

/QUOTE]
whatever happened to in through the nose and out through the mouth? :O Always thought that was how.....

luce
09-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Becuase you use anerabic fittness when you sprit (without oxygen) your body will take it away from your brain and more into where you need it ie your muscles. So you eel light headed :)! work on yor fitness in other words :)

09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=:Technical;5785710]Y

/QUOTE]
whatever happened to in through the nose and out through the mouth? :O Always thought that was how.....

Nope, in through the mouth your actually sucking in the air and a greater amount of it.

Con
09-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Nope, in through the mouth your actually sucking in the air and a greater amount of it.

But if you breath in through your mouth and out through the nose it's harder to breath thus your heart or whatever starts speeding up.
If you breath in through the nose and out through the mouth it calms you down and what'not

09-05-2009, 11:53 AM
No, that's wrong. You should breathe in and out through your mouth when you're running. Your muscles need oxygen to keep moving and your nose simply can't deliver enough. Deep belly breathing allows you to take in more air, which can also help prevent side stiches.

(he plays football so hes jogging/running).

e5
09-05-2009, 09:54 PM
When you're stood still or after being winded or something, you're told to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.

Stephen!
10-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Woah, I thought the title was "I go lightspeed when I run"

I got scared for a second.

iTweedz
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Get some vitamins or something before running. Or contact your local GP

Kightly
10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I dont get it, i eat loads before i do football and stuff but i still get it? I saw a doctor to get blood tests and everything was fine besept my iron levels but i kept eating iron foods so that should be alright now?

Catzsy
10-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I dont get it, i eat loads before i do football and stuff but i still get it? I saw a doctor to get blood tests and everything was fine besept my iron levels but i kept eating iron foods so that should be alright now?

Well that could be your answer. Lack of iron does lead to 'dizziness'. Maybe get the levels checked again as you may need a supplement.

LoveToStack
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM

You should breathe in and out through your mouth when you're running.

(he plays football so hes jogging/running).

Hmm...

GrandTheftAudio
21-05-2009, 11:25 AM
You're probably pushing yourself too hard. It's like if you've not rode a bike for years then suddenly try to get up a big hill, you'll feel sick and dizzy. Just exercise as much as you can and build your fitness.

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 11:27 AM
never run your fastest again.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!