PDA

View Full Version : Debit Card Problems

LOLROB
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Well I had my own debit card about a month ago and been using it to buy odd things from eBay and paying for my webhosting etc

well I went to tesco cash machine to take £10 out and It said insufficient funds

So I checked my balance and it said £13 something well I would think that I have the money to take out so why cant I

i am also with Halifax so any advice i am also a nab at debit card things i usually pay everything by cash

dirrty
07-05-2009, 09:48 PM
£13 may be your account balance, but you're available balance may be lower than that due to any recent transactions?

or you're account may need '£X' for it to remain open?

If you're still unsure, then contact your bank.

LOLROB
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
£13 may be your account balance, but you're available balance may be lower than that due to any recent transactions?

or you're account may need '£X' for it to remain open?

If you're still unsure, then contact your bank.

I will need to go and see them the thing is I have had about £10.90 in my account before and i took 10 pounds out fine so i think i better go see them tomorrow

dirrty
07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
you could always call em up? save you having to go instore.

LOLROB
07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
you could always call em up? save you having to go instore.

I hate talking on the phone ;[ they always make you feel small

-leestrong-
10-05-2009, 05:03 PM
It's time to overcome that fear xD.
If they make you feel small just go to their bank, ensure you bought a fork or a spoon with you (for the extra toughness) and demand answers! Works for me!

- Lee

Good luck with that!

LOLROB
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
It's time to overcome that fear xD.
If they make you feel small just go to their bank, ensure you bought a fork or a spoon with you (for the extra toughness) and demand answers! Works for me!

- Lee

Good luck with that!

Just use a spork it works all the time

well I found out I got to keep £5 in there at all times or something so yes hmm.. :P oh well

Leet
11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
If you bought something 72hours before, it'll still say your balance is £19 even though it's not, below that it will say how much you have in your account that you may withdraw there and then. it takes 3/5 days for our previous order to confirm transaction so wont take that cash out ur account straight away, it'll just block you from spending that dosh till its cleared. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!