PDA

View Full Version : Vista help

Jord
08-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Right 4 Days ago my vista on downstairs computer stopped working

I need to give it another vista code, I enter the code I have in the box Didnt work :S

I get to use the internet to buy a code limited access I tried around 100 codes now out of that around 4 of them worked

but when they work it goes

"An error has Occurred"
"Click here to Contact microsoft via phone"

I think its programmed to do this just so i buy a new code on the net :l

This is beyond annoying now.

I can get past this all I need downstairs computer for is to record my videos on xbox, But I go to safe mode (it goes to xp) And It wont let me record :l

So I badly need help with either codes or what shall I do.

GommeInc
08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I've heard in the past that phoning up Microsoft about this gives you a free code... Have you tried this? You've bought a computer at least, and you expect the serial code to work. I'm sure they've got records for this...

scott
08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah it should give you the option to call them in the same box then it gives you the number to phone enter all the numbers in and it should read you back another code, worked with me when my laptop brokezord on me

Berch
08-05-2009, 01:31 PM
If you havn't done this before you can:

Click to purchase it on the internet and when it opens up your browser go to:

'File' > 'Open File' than go to your C:\ drive where your documents and so on are go to the 'Windows' folder than go to 'Sysmtem32' folder find 'cmd.exe' and right click and open as administrator than when it opens close your browser and type in 'slmgr -rearm' without the ' and it will take a second just leave it and it will come up it has been successful and tell you to restart your PC, type in shutdown /r and your pc will restart adventually when it does you will be back up and running but you will still have to activate you can do this by finding a crack somewhere from google.

Hope this helps.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!