PDA

View Full Version : Xbox controller on Laptop ?

Pazza
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey,

Well I took batteries outta my wireless controller, and plugged it into my laptop using plug and play kit. Then it downloaded drivers etc. and I expected it to work, yet when I run the program to show its connected it doesn't come up.

Am I doing it right, or does it just not work ?

EDIT: Should i buy one of these: http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r329957/Xbox-360-Crossfire-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver/?s=Wireless%20reciever (http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/%7Er329957/Xbox-360-Crossfire-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver/?s=Wireless%20reciever)

Jam
08-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I believe only Wired (like actually perm. wired) and wireless plus that works, I tried P&P and ended up buying the MS adaptor.

Jordy
08-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah you need to buy that wireless gaming receiver or buy a wired controller. I was tempted to buy the gaming receiver but a wired controller is only an extra fiver and you get the advantage of having another controller.

The plug-and-play kit only uses USB for power btw, if you connect it to a PC it'll start charging the controller up but because there's no data connections the PC won't detect it.

Pazza
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I believe only Wired (like actually perm. wired) and wireless plus that works, I tried P&P and ended up buying the MS adaptor.

Oh right, thanks. +rep :)

EDIT: Can't, remind me nxt week and you'll get it then.

Yeah you need to buy that wireless gaming receiver or buy a wired controller. I was tempted to buy the gaming receiver but a wired controller is only an extra fiver and you get the advantage of having another controller.

The plug-and-play kit only uses USB for power btw, if you connect it to a PC it'll start charging the controller up but because there's no data connections the PC won't detect it.

Ah right, thats why the light came on :P +rep for help anyway.

Coheed&Cambria
09-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Im thinking about this. Does it work for TF2 on steam?

I normally play the xbox version and now i have the pc version im not used to it yet lol

Oleh
09-05-2009, 09:20 AM
I think you can get a program which allows you to set the controls to different buttons, but i would reccomend just using mouse and keyboard, alot more precision

Pazza
10-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Got the adapter today, waiting for my new 1tb harddrive to arrive and I can start using it :P

Only thing is, on battlefield heroes, the a button is the same as RT etc. ?

Jam
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
It works sometimes but not others. Its brilliant on Portal but on TF2 there's no rotate, or ability to map it as that.

Might be able to via XBCD or some other programme but via how I do it in-game, I cannot.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!