PDA

View Full Version : ferrari to quit f1!

Immenseman
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
unless the 40 million budget is removed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8044860.stm

Implement
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM
They won't quit F1 as they will get their own way... besides, the budget cap would ruin F1.

Cixso
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I can't see them pulling out tbh.

Titch
12-05-2009, 03:45 PM
The wont pull out, end off really,

if they pull out the sales of there cars would go down hill, ferrai are known from F1 and it will ALWAYS be like that.

CJW93
12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Ferrari are just chucking their toys out of the pram because they don't have the car to win **** all for a change

Geraint
12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Just goes to prove that Ferrari are a crap team and use money to win races.

Implement
12-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Brawn GP ftw eh?

Catzsy
12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I believe the cap will stay although they may raise it slightly. Gone are the days when Ferrari had their own way. The priorities now are for a more 'ecological &g green' F1 although it can't be much more than superficial. Bernie and Max will get their own way on this one. I don't believe they will go though.

Implement
12-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah cause cars going 180mph+ are meant to be green and environmentally friendly, it's crazy to be honest, they should leave it the way it is now, it's perfect, to much change would ruin F1, but at the moment its perfect.

Catzsy
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes it is crazy because everyone can see through the superficiality. Having said that it has been an exciting year so far - I do believe the big boys put all their faith in kers which just hasn't translated into success. Ross Brawn pulled a stroke of genius on the lot of them. Brawn FTW - I certainly hope so. Jenson has been so loyal for such a long time that it would be some justice for him.

Implement
12-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Agreed, agreed, Button could have packed his suitcase and could have moved to another team, McLaren were reportedly knocking on his door a few years back, but no, he stuck with his team and is now getting what he deserves, I'd say two more wins and he's world champion, but you know, Lewis Hamilton won the world title with five wins last year? that'd mean Button could only need one more race win to be world champion, according to form.

Rock
12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Ferrari are just chucking their toys out of the pram because they don't have the car to win **** all for a change

You have absolutely no idea do you? This is a team that has been a part of the sport for over 50 years and bring in most of the merchandise that people buy. The sport will be destroyed without them.

There has been many times where they have struggled like this but they haven't said anything?

Personally I don't see them leaving but it is serious.

Just goes to prove that Ferrari are a crap team and use money to win races.

Yeah a rubbish team that has won the constructors 16 teams and the drivers 15 times. They have always been rich but its not their fault being so successful.

Its obvious Brawn are happy about it because they can't possibly compete against Ferrari and McLaren next season without some consulation.

Catzsy
12-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Agreed, agreed, Button could have packed his suitcase and could have moved to another team, McLaren were reportedly knocking on his door a few years back, but no, he stuck with his team and is now getting what he deserves, I'd say two more wins and he's world champion, but you know, Lewis Hamilton won the world title with five wins last year? that'd mean Button could only need one more race win to be world champion, according to form.

The big boys reckon they should be back on course by Silverstone but I do agree there is a big hill to climb for the others. If he carries on like this I can see him being Sportman of the year unless the Lions do something exceptional.

Rock
12-05-2009, 07:32 PM
The big boys reckon they should be back on course by Silverstone but I do agree there is a big hill to climb for the others. If he carries on like this I can see him being Sportman of the year unless the Lions do something exceptional.

"The Big Boys" always say that. I think they did to think about the tactics *COUGH RAIKKONEN QUALIFYING* rather than the car. :rolleyes:

JackBuddy
12-05-2009, 09:33 PM
ahaha, pathetic.

Just because they're not in the driving seat (no pun intended) for the first time in god knows how many years.

CJW93
12-05-2009, 09:39 PM
You have absolutely no idea do you? This is a team that has been a part of the sport for over 50 years and bring in most of the merchandise that people buy. The sport will be destroyed without them.

There has been many times where they have struggled like this but they haven't said anything?

Yeah a rubbish team that has won the constructors 16 teams and the drivers 15 times. They have always been rich but its not their fault being so successful.

Its obvious Brawn are happy about it because they can't possibly compete against Ferrari and McLaren next season without some consulation.

Sorry, but I don't remember claiming they was a rubbish team. I said that they don't have a competitive car. And I never knocked them for being a successful team. Before you start to claim i do not know what I am talking about, maybe you should actually read my post before adding you own opinion.

Geraint
12-05-2009, 09:47 PM

Sorry, but I don't remember claiming they was a rubbish team. I said that they don't have a competitive car. And I never knocked them for being a successful team. Before you start to claim i do not know what I am talking about, maybe you should actually read my post before adding you own opinion.

Maybe you should read his - he was talking to me.

xxMATTGxx
13-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Its not only Ferrari btw.

Renault are the latest high-profile team threatening to quit Formula 1 unless proposals to adopt a £40m budget cap in 2010 are shelved.

On Tuesday, Ferrari joined Toyota and Red Bull in declaring their intention to pull out of F1 because of the plans.

"The entries for next season open on 22 May and lasts for seven days - as it stands, Renault, Ferrari, Red Bull and Toyota could all be missing when the season begins next March."

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!