PDA

View Full Version : Technology to help a business during the recession?

Moh
14-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Does anybody know what technology could help a business during the recession?

All I have is automated systems where they don't require staff to operate :l

Stephen!
14-05-2009, 07:22 PM
More efficient hardware to reduce power costs

Moh
16-05-2009, 02:06 PM
More efficient hardware to reduce power costs
Yeah, I could do that.

The only problem is, this assignement im doing is stupid

With recession staring them in the face, businesses are facing difficult times.

Examine how technology can give a small or medium-size enterprise (SME) a competitive advantage in a slowing market. You must:

• select a suitable SME
• provide a brief profile of the business
• suggest at least three ways in which it can deploy innovative technology-enabled solutions to give it a competitive advantage
• assess the benefits and risks.

1. I can't even think of an SME which could use the technology, or isn't currently using it.
2. All the technology which could give them an advantage will cost thousands of pounds, so an SME can't even afford it.

Edexcel are poor at writing assignments:l

The Professor
16-05-2009, 04:42 PM
What course is it?

It sounds very much like a unit we did in Applied IT this year. We basically picked a small business in the local area which still writes out receipts in blood and recommended technology that could increase their productivity. Basically, most technology that increases productivity pays for itself eventually so its feasible to get a loan to buy the technology with the increase in profit helping to pay off the loan. Things like faster computers with advanced software packages so they can do their own website, automated things like automated telephone support services (i hate them but they save a bit of time for humans) and advanced CCTV to help catch and prosecute shoplifters if that's a problem are some suggestions.

Hope that was of some help :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!