PDA

View Full Version : Xbox problems...

Marucho
14-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I only got my 360 a few months ago and its already acting up...

I get lag ALL the time now, usually when im downloading (so i stop) but now its constant when im not even doing anything, soo annoying. The actual internet connection says its fine. It's in the next room <.<

Then when im talking to someone they always break up so i struggle to understand them. Not fun.

My xbox freezes all the time too, 7 times in the space of about 3 hours. It's usually loading COD4 so im installing it to hard disk to see if that helps. But its still so annoying :l

Anything i can do to fix any of these ^? +rep

Chaos
14-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Dont send it off to microsoft they will say youve tampered with it and void your warrenty.

Its what they did to mine and mine sounds exactly like the problem youve got.

Take it back to the shop if it keeps happening and switch it for a new one.

Marucho
14-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Dont send it off to microsoft they will say youve tampered with it and void your warrenty.

Its what they did to mine and mine sounds exactly like the problem youve got.

Take it back to the shop if it keeps happening and switch it for a new one.

I didnt have much intention too send it to them, take ages and give you crap service. :( I could, but then i lose all stuffz on it D:

Chaos
14-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I didnt have much intention too send it to them, take ages and give you crap service. :( I could, but then i lose all stuffz on it D:

Depending where you got it from you might be able to slide your hard drive by them.

I first got my xbox at argos an it knacked within 2 weeks so i took it back but kept the harddrive. They didnt check and gave me a new one so i sold the new hard drive and kept my old one.

Call it compensation for them being crap. :P

J0SH
16-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Lag and everything has nothing to do with the Xbox, it's your internet connection, if you're torrenting or downloading stop, if people crack up on the mic then that's your net lagging aswell :P

Jackk
16-05-2009, 09:24 PM
as above post said, the lagging is down to your internet connection and not your xbox. is more than one person using the connection when you play that might be causing some lagging?

Marucho
16-05-2009, 09:37 PM
^^Nope. which is unusual because i can play perfect when there's like 3 people using my internet at the same time. I don't seem to be crashing as much or lagging after installing onto the hard drive. Don't know how that would have helped but its done something... Ah well. Thanks anyway +rep for eveyone :D

Swinkid
16-05-2009, 10:52 PM
as above post said, the lagging is down to your internet connection and not your xbox. is more than one person using the connection when you play that might be causing some lagging?

Actually, the modem inside that handles the wireles or wired connection in the xbox (inside not the adapter) could be faulty, therefore giving a crappier connection.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!