PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters attempt A cricket game for the Wii!

Smiddy
14-05-2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_gaming/displayarticle.asp?id=417072
http://www.cubed3.com/news/12270

Summary:
The game will be called Ashes Cricket 2009 and will feature English and Australian players proper names, styles, stats and what not; so no fake names like with the tests on Brian Lara cricket.
Their will be the option to play in all 5 test match locations; I imagine you'll be able to contest the whole series.
Their is also the option to play ODI cricket and T20 cricket.
It is released on PS3, xBox 360 and PC in July of this year; but perhaps most importantly for Codemasters will be their release on the Nintendo Wii, which will be out later in the year.

Good things:
If the controls are as realistic as Codemaster are proclaiming they will be, this will be a big winner for them as many people have been claiming a need for Cricket on the wii. It will be interesting to see how they'll work some of the bowling though.
Could even be the game the Wii needs to reignite interest in the console.
Plus it's about time we got a new cricket game after the Brian Lara series.

Bad things:
The teams seem to be limited to just England and Australia, so may not appeal to other nations. Aware it's the Ashes, but it would be nice to involve the T20 World cup which also happens this year.

I know it's probably not that interesting for most of you, but I can't wait :D

Pazza
14-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice, and with that new wii thing that makes it more accurate, its going to be ace!

Blinger1
14-05-2009, 10:52 PM
This looks promising.. if it was a true Ashes though, Australia would have the higher stats.. admit it, England have been **** recently with the Ashes ;)

Smiddy
15-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I think they'll need a ball-shaped control to help with bowling, imagine trying to do it with a rectangle.. Then again, just look at Wii Sports Baseball.
In terms of stats, they won't big up most of the new players coming through, like with the last game. No matter how well someone like Phil Hughes has started; his skill stats still won't be that impressive, I wouldn't be surprised if Brett Lee had better batting skills than him.

Simmzay
15-05-2009, 01:04 PM
This looks promising.. if it was a true Ashes though, Australia would have the higher stats.. admit it, England have been **** recently with the Ashes ;)
Ye mate.

Looks like a nice idea with the Motion+ stuff.

Jam
15-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Looking forward to the Xbox 360 version with no gimmicks.

-Adam
16-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Nope. Most cricket teams are on there (Y)

Andeeh
16-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Yess this is what i have wanted a new cricket game is it just for wii or is it going to be all platforms?

playing as straussys men =]

oops sorry read first bit now haha ;]

Simmzay
16-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Was ICC Cricket 2007 gimmicky? I never tried it.

Smiddy
18-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Nope. Most cricket teams are on there (Y)
I want this to be true, but got any proof?

I didn't think ICC 2007 was 'gimmicky' - just way too easy.

Andeeh
19-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I want this to be true, but got any proof?

I didn't think ICC 2007 was 'gimmicky' - just way too easy.

Yea i agree with it to.

i started on county mode and it was easy so then went to test and gosh that was so easy you could beat australia with kenya =[

also the glitch were the ball went through the batsmans legs and then bowled out annoying :(

and finally how after every field through the keeper or bowler removed bails so time consuming

but i really liked it somehow :)

i might get this game for both wii and 360 :)

Thored
28-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I think the game on the Wii would be amazing, some good fun to be had when it comes out, one down side is, its only really something youd play when youve got your mates round, and not something youd do alone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!