PDA

View Full Version : HACKED

Jassim
14-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Great, today I came home from school and my pass was changed. I recovered it within 3h and guess what.. No stuff left, friends list empty and hacker probably went around swearing for all I know I will be banned in a few days.

I'm still confused, how did this happen? Nobody knows my password and comp is secure :@

Sxejess
14-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Hackers are very good, some keyloggers cant be found by internet security so one could be attached to something you downloaded :( Its horrible when you get hacked it takes the fun out of the game :(

Just be careful really is all I can say.

-leestrong-
14-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Jassim,
I'm very sorry to hear this has happened, and I know it really bites to be hacked - When I was younger it happened to me on two occasions, since I've learnt how to avoid such situations, I even went without any antivirus software for two years straight to challange myself. :P There are many ways this could have happened, and there are ways hackers can even steal your password when you are using runescape.com, and not by using keyloggers.
I'm interested to know what software you are using to protect your machine, and is it updated on a regular basis? I'm eager to help you find out how this happened, and I really hope you get your account back into action.

- Lee

PWNERzjC
14-05-2009, 08:25 PM
2 words.. bank pin

Arch
14-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Yepp, bank pin wouldnt stopped all that.

Chaos
14-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Yepp, bank pin wouldnt stopped all that.

Would of :p

Scan your comp before logging in again, Just to be 100% sure you dont have a keylogger. Also search for things like "Ardamax" and "Istealer" Also maybe "Winspy" They are quite common keyloggers. Also search for things like "Rat" ;)

Just make sure you scan all comp before doing anything further. Protects you more and you can remove it. Even if nothing comes up at least your safer knowing you havnt got a keylogger.

Mint
14-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I've always been scared of getting hacked on rs because of all the time and effort you have to put in to get your items, not to mention the levels. You've managed to get your account back which is good, if they used password recovery to get your account then that means it is still at risk. So before doing anything you should update all of your virus software etc and do a complete scan of your pc. If it's all clear then maybe try posting on the rs forums or getting in touch with Jagex in any other way that you can. Check your grand exchange history and see if they sold all your items for cash, if they did they probably knew a way of transferring and did that, but they might of just dropped everything because they get there kicks from being mean. Hope things get better for you.

Jassim
14-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Norton says it's clean. Also, I have a bank pin and usually bank all my stuff before logging but i was playing late last night and well.. forgot to bank stuff :rolleyes:

Arch
15-05-2009, 12:19 AM
so you left all ur stuff in ur invent :S ?

Jassim
15-05-2009, 10:15 AM
most valuables: bgs 1-2m money and like 20m junk were all in inv yes

I will also get AVG full just to check if they can detect something.. (norton is fail)

IceNineKills
15-05-2009, 11:06 AM
lol haha.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Calum
16-05-2009, 10:43 AM
harsh times for the gold buyers D;
haha

Mikey
16-05-2009, 10:49 AM
shame on you getting hacked, hope you can get it sorted.

Zak
16-05-2009, 10:54 AM
im sure it won't take you long to get your stuff back

:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!