PDA

View Full Version : My Old Work Place

Sxejess
14-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I work in a hairdressers doing a Level 2 NVQ in it at college but I'm an apprentice. On monday I rang my boss saying I was giving in my notice and I'll be leaving on saturday, she said ok I'll ring the college and ring you back, well she never did. So I went into work on tuesday and she told me she didn't want me working the week and that I can go, so I left. As soon as I got home I wrote a letter of resignation and posted it 1st class to her. She got it the next day, and I got a phone call from her. In my letter I mentioned about money that she owes me, well i worked there from July til the tuesday thats just gone and not had a holiday, my normal day off was a monday so I'm entitled to an extra day off for bank holidays that came along, and I didn't have that time off either, all in all my new boss has worked out that she owes me 15 days pay for the time I didn't take off. My old boss rang me and told me that because her contract says that I wasn't working for her for a year, then I'm not entitled to that money, but I didn't sign a contract or get a copy of it because she couldn't be bothered to do it with me.

All i want to know is, do you think she owes me that money? And also should she pay me for this week even though she sent me home?

Kieeran
14-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Im slightly confused but have u been paid atall since july? but if u didnt sign a contract then surely your entitled to it? speak to the college first

Sxejess
14-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I get paid weekly lol :p

I have spoke to them and they say I am entitled to it, but the head of hairdressing that deals with this hasn't been in work to get that message I left her (about my old boss saying Im not entitled to it). I was just asking what you lot thought about it.

Zak
16-05-2009, 06:40 PM
yes she owes you money but i doubt you'll get it

they always treat students on apprenticeships like crap unfortunatly :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!