PDA

View Full Version : Microphone problem.

sivdevil2
14-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I just got a new stereo mic headset cmk-500mv. Headphones work perfect but when I test the mic in sound recorder all that plays back is a screechy noise. I've ticked the microphone box in volume control and added microphone to record and playback option. I've searched Google for about 6 hours trying to get it working but its not picking up my voice. Anyone know a solution to why the mics not picking up my voice?

Thanks.

DMB-Hosting
17-05-2009, 01:14 AM
This is assuming Vista/Windows7 but i'm sure you'll be able to easily follow if on XP.

Start >> Control Panel >> Hardware & Sound >> Sound >> Click the Recording Tab

Now make sure the correct mic is selected as default, then right-click >> "Properties"

Then click the "Levels" tab, now put the "Microphone" & "Microphone Boost" levels to the max, and make sure it isnt muted.

Then click "Apply"

sivdevil2
18-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'm actually on XP. I know its not the computer or the mic jacks as I've plugged in a old pair of headphones and spoken into the right side speaker and it picks up a clear recording. For some reason its the headset mic that's not been recognized and its bugging the hell out of me as to why? Before I go and waste money on a decent desktop mic (mic alone on stand) I want to know if it'll work alone as it picks the voice up through a speaker.

Thored
28-05-2009, 05:57 PM
First question, USB or 3.5mm Jack.

If its usb then probably wont solve it but worth a shot, that happened to me, the 1st time i plugged my eyetoy (for ps2) into my pc. Then i noticed it needed a driver to work so maybe try and find a driver for it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!