PDA

View Full Version : LG Monitor problems

scottish
15-05-2009, 03:58 PM
mm any ideas?

I have the LG Flatron Widescreen 22" monitor from Tesco.

Basically;

- Sometimes when it starts the colour changed and i need to factory reset it to get it back

- Sometimes it'll load and stay on a black screen with nothing (computer is running as its on other monitors)

- Sometimes it takes about 15 times for my to click the off button (on monitor) for it to actually go off, most times it takes about 3 though.

- Sometimes the blue on button flickers off and on...

any ideas? i asked LG but they said consult local office or whatever. = EFFORTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT so nty.

Blob
15-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Don't be so lazy and contact the people who actually know about LG monitors?

scottish
15-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the great advice which i would never have figured out on my own, its all down to you that i've got it fixed now, thank you very much again for this great advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sarcasm if you dont realise]

The point in this thread WASN'T for people to say to do something which i already know to do thank you very much, please try again.

Callum.
15-05-2009, 08:23 PM
ok, im not much help.

I have a flactron TV/Moniter and it doesn't turn off for ages by clicking the button either :(

Chaos
15-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Buy a new one exactly the same. Put this one in the box take it back get refund. Takes less than a day.

Frank459
16-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Make sure all connections to the PC and the Monitor are secure, this can sometimes cause the colours going weird when it turns on or the black screen when it loads. Also try an auto adjust feature if it has one.

Ive not got an LG monitor, but these are some ideas that come from the top of my head because ive had similar problems on my own monitor.

But I would do what Chaos suggested and buy a new one, make sure that works and then return the crappy one in the same box.

Good luck! :)

scottish
16-05-2009, 03:28 PM
All connections are fine.

Auto adjust doesn't work when its messed up

why would i do that when i can just get a refund/replacement.

Nxrissa
17-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Just take it back then x
It might be a techinical thought with yours I have a of monitor and it works fine

scottish
21-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Buy a new one exactly the same. Put this one in the box take it back get refund. Takes less than a day.

Tesco doesn't sell it anymore so i can't do that...

Frank459
21-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Well take your current one back and get a full refund for a faulty appliance and then buy the same/another for the same price from a different store.

scottish
21-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Refund takes like 3-5 days or something, if i take it back i'm left with 2 19" monitors which i can't live with.

J0SH
21-05-2009, 11:04 PM
That's weird, I think I have the same one as you, it sometimes goes blue and red often but then I just push the wires in the back in more and the colour goes back to normal, auto config fixes problems too if the resolution goes arse upwards, yours might be faulty though if it's taking ages to respond to commands.

scottish
21-05-2009, 11:07 PM
yh but the problems with mine is;

- Screen colours sometimes mess up
- Screen sometimes stays black
- Screen sometimes shows a white pixelated screen
- To get the monitor on i need to unplug it for 5-10 mins then plug back in and it'll load, if i press the button on the monitor by accident i need to unplug for 5-10 mins again.
- Screen power light sometimes goes off and one
- I can't get onto the options to change anything unless its when i first turn monitor on. (i.e. after 15 seconds it wont work)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!