PDA

View Full Version : Query: Farming

Alex3213
16-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Heya, noob here again :P

Yeah, I've never understood the farming skill, but I've got to level 20 planting things such as Marrigolds etc. However my friend said that I should be planting trees from now on. I only want it to 30 so it's not like it's alot, but I don't know how to and where you should plant them. If anyone could let me know I'll be fully greatful :)

Thanks

Sxejess
16-05-2009, 11:34 AM
All you do is get a seed get a plantpot with soil in it and plant the seed in the pot and water it :p. Then you wait fr it to grow into a seedling then when its done that just use it (with a spade in your invent) on the patch :p.

Tree patches are:

Fally gardens, Taverly under the pet store or next to it, Varrok castle to the east, Gnome stronghold near the bank thats west to the agility thingy :p, and Lummy west of the castle in other words behind the wall to the back of it (:

Hope that helps (:

MJJ
16-05-2009, 01:35 PM
You should buy some Acorn seeds from the Grand Exchange, and at level 27 you can also plant Apple trees, which are also worth it.

There are five Tree patches, so you should plant at least five trees per day.
Oak trees take 140 minutes to grow, so you could grow more per day if you wanted.

You should also pay the farmer to look after them - it costs a basket of tomatoes for each tree, and if you pay a farmer, then your tree won't die.

There are five tree patches:

One north of of Lumbridge Castle.
One north of the East Bank in Falador.
One in Taverly.
One at the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
One near Varrock Castle.

To grow an oak tree, buy a plant pot filled with soil, and using a trowel, put the acorn seed into the plant pot. Then water it with a watering can, and after a while, it should turn into a sapling. Use a spade and put the sapling into one of the tree patches.

You should do a farming run at least once per day as well, to get experience from all five trees. You can then dig them up and plant a new tree.

Alex3213
16-05-2009, 03:52 PM
You are both so helpful :D Thanks :) So basically I should try and do something else whilst the trees are growing, as I'm not going to wait 140 minutes am I :P.

+rep (but I have to spread sorry MJJ) :(

Chaos
16-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Plant the highest trees, The highest herbs, The highest vegetables.

All the highest things you can possibly do at your lvl for best xp.

http://www.zybez.net/skills.php?id=15&runescape_farming.htm

iTweedz
16-05-2009, 03:57 PM
www.zybez.net
and
www.runehq.com

best guides etc for farming location maps.

Alex3213
17-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey :) Another question
I planted all my 5 trees at the same time, 4 of which are fully grown but the one at the Gnome Stronghold is barely done :S it hasn't been 140 minutes yet but I was checking on them just incase. If anyone can tell me why this is I'll be greatful :D

Sxejess
17-05-2009, 03:23 PM
How long after the 4th tree did you plant the 5th? Because sometimes I go in tha bank and don't realise how long I take in there before I plant my 5th :p It'll grow probably in a second :p

MJJ
17-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Sometimes trees can take longer to grow than their ment to.
So it's probably that, or you planted that tree a little time after the 4th one.

Alex3213
17-05-2009, 04:17 PM
It's probably a mixture of both :P

Just came back from my tennis match - I have done 1 run of trees but one of them I thoguht was fully grown and didn't realise cos HxF was down, so I missed XP from one :P

Thanks for your help guys :D

Note to self ~ 5th Tree planted later than 4th this run.

[Jay]
19-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Excellent.
Have.
Fun.
Farming.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!