PDA

View Full Version : WW11 Project

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey,

In the next few post's I am going to post a project I did in English based on WW11. We did the project after reading the book "Private Peaceful". Feedback is appreciated. By the way, I did this one year ago (when I was in year 8).

Thanks,

Dom

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Dear Mother,

I have run away from home – maybe forever. I decided to join the army to serve our country, to help win this war. I am a sergeant with Privates at the Front line. I made my decision since I am now 19 years old, and ever since father died in the war we have needed more money in our home. Therefore with me gone it should not cost so much to get food and things like that. Are my two brothers ok? They are behaving aren’t they, if this war does not end in the next 2 years, they will probably have to come to war was well. The food is rationed of course meaning I am probably not getting as much as I should – I’ve lost pounds in two weeks.

There was a gas attack yesterday and four of our men were killed.

God Save The Queen.

I have been hit by a bullet once in the arm, but that is all better now.

Is the village ok? I guess a lot of our men have gone to war as well. The village has been struggling enough I would of thought, without all the workingmen going off to war. Whoever will look after the crops?

Anyway I must go now.

Yours Lovingly,

Your eldest son James.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:20 PM
October 5th 1915

Today there was a Gas Attack on the sector I am positioned in. Four of our men were killed, what a terrible day this is. The rats are infesting more than ever the fleas are nesting in our clothing and it’s flooded up to our knees.

Last night we travelled across to No-Mans Land, to try and take a German hostage, instead we had one of our own men taken.

Many of us have gone hungry for the past two days; sadly there is not enough food for all of us even when it is rationed. The only thing that is keeping me going is thinking about what will happen to my brothers and Mother if the Germans make it to England.

The war had been going on for a year now and millions have lost their lives since then. Lord when will this end, please before my brothers turn 16!

I hope too Lord that it ends soon, before more lives are lost, next it could be me…

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:21 PM
October 6th 1915

Yesterday’s gas attack was torture, and I thought that would be the worst we got –But it wasn’t.

October 6th 1915 was perhaps the worst day of the war I and many others in our regiment had suffered, perhaps the worst we ever will. In the morning we had another gas attack at approximately 9am. It was a mustard gas attack, and we fumbled around like ducks, looking for our gas masks. Many of us having our lungs burnt. Many of us dieing. Many of us being blinded. Many of us in tears, almost half our regiment are gone.

We thought it would be quiet for the rest of the day, but how very wrong we were. Around midday they did a blitz on us, bombs, bullets coming towards us, whistling past our ears. For we knew and they knew if anyone of us stuck our heads out of the trench, they would part from our body – and we would die.

I was swimming in my own mind, thinking about how it could have been me, Swallowing that gas, being blinded, having my head shot off – But it wasn’t, I was lucky – I Think.

During the after noon it was quite quiet, relaxing even, compared to the last few days it was actually quite peaceful – But not for long.

During the evening many of us lost our minds & walked into the middle of No-Mans land, not thinking about dieing and then BANG. They were dead. I’m sure that today, we have lost more lives than we had so far all war.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:22 PM
10th of October 1915

It’s been a few days since the last attack and all has been quiet since then. The worst thing that has happened since the 6th of October is one of our men was shot and rushed to the field hospital. We are expecting another attack in the next few days since we have not had a fight since that horrible day – The 6th of October.

You may be thinking that the 6th of October was bad, - that’s what we thought too. But we know that it will get worse and really that wasn’t that bad. It was just the worst we had faced, not the worst we will.

I hate the Fritz and their commanders now, the way they started this war, the way they killed millions of people, the way they have made perhaps the worst war in history –How I hate the Fritz. But I will remember how one Fritz had a rifle he should of killed me but he let me go, that could have been the end of my life.

I wrote another letter home but have not received a reply I’m not sure why my Mother is not replying to me; I’m starting to feel lonely. All my friends who came out with me are all dead from the attacks on the 6th of October. I am feeling guilty since I survived and they didn’t, I keep thinking I should have saved them although I know in my heart I had no chance of saving them.

Nothing else happened today, except the odd person being shot, but nothing compared to the 6th of October, I think that might be the worst I face – Well, at least I hope it will be.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:23 PM
October 16th 1916

It’s one year and ten days since my last diary entry, and many more deaths have occurred, more have been injured, more have been shot, more are blind, more have gone mad, the war is still going strong and that’s what we’ll have to live with.

I am still alive, and more Privates have come out to fight, almost half of those that have are dead. I am now at the Front Line with Privates, and somehow don’t ever seem to be injured. I pray to God everyday – That must help.

The Brave Men

The war is sick,

The war is great,

Men are dying,

With their mates,

They’re brave,

They’re strong,

They have courage,

Oh so strong,

If it weren’t for these humans,

The war would be dead,

They give up their lives,

So give some respect.

By: Sergeant James Silvy Smith

Give Some Respect

We have not been attacked lately, we are lucky, the regiment before us, has been kept busy. We do not die, we stay standing, we fight for our country.

I hope the war ends soon though I don’t think it will, it may last forever, for now I don’t know.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:24 PM
17th of October 1916

After yesterday’s quiet day, we knew they were planning an attack – A shelling perhaps? I knew they would attack, and I knew we would too – But who’s would make the impact, and drive the other team mad, I was sure it would be our side, The Fritz had no clue.

For now we knew that deaths would happen, our hearts were pumping; the sun had almost risen and that’s when we knew…

BOMB, BOMB BOYS BOMB! Bombs were coming in, we were all going to die, we looked up with terror it was coming in, the only thing we could do was run. They caught us off guard, we suffered greatly, and we had to run through NO MANS LAND.

We feared for our live’s running, running so fast our boots falling off, cuts going up our legs, blood dripping, shouts of horror then… BANG! A bomb had landed we were in tears fallen to the ground many of us deafened by the noise, many of us dead by the impact, though somehow I still survived, my luck was holding; I just didn’t die.

Almost half the Privates in my regiment were dead, all dead from just one terrible bomb, but that wasn’t all we suffered…

GAS, GAS BOYS GAS! The gas flooded towards us, seeking us all out, we did not have gas masks, we could not see, we could not breath. Bare footed we had to run though the gas to get out of it, only finding a German standing there with a gun – He was blind from the gas that he started.

Many of us died, our lungs were on fire, and it felt like we were throwing our lungs into a burning building, the screams were soundless, we had been attacked, we had lost our men, we had been lucky, well about six of us, who survived we had no where to go, but we survived, WE SURVIVED!

We learned soon after that the last trained Privates had been sent out to join us

They did not know, what we knew – We could die right now.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:26 PM
October 18th 1916

What a long year it has been. Hundreds of Thousands of deaths, Millions of casualty’s it’s been terrible.

I have neared death many times, I was on duty with my mate, his head was shot off, he was only standing two feet away…. it could have been me.

I know for sure I will die before the end of this war. My health is deteriorating and I am dieing slowly, I don’t think I can stand it anymore. I think I am the only sergeant that has survived the whole war, I think I am lucky, but I know death is really lurking just round the corner.

Every night I have been having nightmares – thinking I was dead, if this war goes on much longer I’m not sure I will survive.

Hope

The young men that die,

Everyone Cries,

Nobody’s quite sure why,

But we still have hope,

We still want to win,

Coz we are the brave men.

By James Silvy Smith

Lost
19-05-2009, 12:26 PM
I really enjoyed reading that, you got talent.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:27 PM
A Letter Home

Dear Mother,

I haven’t heard from you in the past two years, I do hope you are all right.

If you get this letter please reply.

Since my letter two years ago I have neared death hundreds of times. This war is getting worse, I cannot see it ending this year even though I hope it does. I would like to be back home with you and my brothers. I guess they have come out too now though. I hoped it would be over by now so they would not have to witness this. I will be first to leave this world though, I am sure of it.

Have the Fritz come over to England or have we made the back up successfully. I hope you know that the hygiene is actually terrible, and I am going quite hungry nowadays. I actually think the rats have done more damage than the weapons and war itself. I mean they eat all our food; they bite all our soldiers, there full of diseases you know.

There is a very nice pub nearby, which my men and I visit weekly. We have beer and chips – The Finest of them.

I hope to see you soon, but I’m not sure I will,

Yours Lovingly,

Sergeant James Silvy Smith

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Death

Dear Mrs Smith,

I am sorry to say a German gun killed your son at war today.

At Approximately 9:24pm 20th October 1917.

A few words from fellow soldiers: He was a brave caring man; we are very upset he has gone. Without him we will struggle as he gave our trench morale to keep going, he gave us confidence and he gave us care.

We say good-bye,
To a fantastic Sergeant,
We pray for him right now,
Sorry Sergeant James Silvy Smith.

Your Sincerely: General Clarkson.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Thats the set of them.

I did write all of them myself - including the tacky poems (imo)

By the way, thanks for the feedback Lost. I hoped no-one would see till I did all the posts :P

If you guys haven't please check my other thread of my creative writing.

One last note: Some fonts in this one might have messed up, as I have copied it off my word document!

Mrs.McCall
19-05-2009, 01:10 PM
These are great.

AgnesIO
19-05-2009, 02:04 PM
These are great.

Thanks very much. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!