View Full Version : Best internet provider???

Lost
19-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm with Virgin, I must admit they COULD be better... (i.e customer services)

Implement
19-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Could be better but never done me any trouble at all, and I'm using the 20MB package.

Berch
19-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah never done me any trouble either.

GommeInc
19-05-2009, 06:44 PM
There isn't a "best" ISP. As far as I am aware not all ISPs are available to people and in some cases ISPs are better in some areas than others. In my area, Orange and Tiscali are the best, while AOL (though, AOL usually are crap anyway :P) and BT are the worse. I've heard incredibly bad things about Virgin, aswell as good things, so they can't be the best :P

Berch
19-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah I agree with the above post everyone will have criticism for other ISP's and a passion for others for example BT Broadband could be great in London but really crap in a different area same with Virgin I'm with them at the moment and havn't had one problem at all customer service is great although they play bad music but thankfully I've only ever had to wait a few seconds and someone picks up but someone may be having a bad expearience (E.G. Bad Speeds, Rubbish Customer Service).

Just depends on your area really and which is available in that area and picking the best one out of those.

As to the AOL bit I was actually with them before I switched to Virgin and they was quite good I mean their speeds where terrible I was on their MAX package and even that was slow if they provided better speeds like 16-20MB I would probably still be with them because I never got disconnected or had any problems they even offered me a package for up to 8MB Broadband, A "Free State Of The Art Router Worth £100" as the guy on the phone put it :P and for only £7 a month and I would still have my unlimited downloads so they had some good deals but I was with them for like 5-6 years so I guess it was a last strech to keep a loyal customer which I thought was quite good but I still left due to their max speed not being so good but other than that I must say AOL aint all that bad atleast they wasn't for me thankfully.

BeanEgg
19-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah I agree with the above post everyone will have criticism for other ISP's and a passion for others for example BT Broadband could be great in London but really crap in a different area same with Virgin I'm with them at the moment and havn't had one problem at all customer service is great although they play bad music but thankfully I've only ever had to wait a few seconds and someone picks up but someone may be having a bad expearience (E.G. Bad Speeds, Rubbish Customer Service).

Just depends on your area really and which is available in that area and picking the best one out of those.

As to the AOL bit I was actually with them before I switched to Virgin and they was quite good I mean their speeds where terrible I was on their MAX package and even that was slow if they provided better speeds like 16-20MB I would probably still be with them because I never got disconnected or had any problems they even offered me a package for up to 8MB Broadband, A "Free State Of The Art Router Worth £100" as the guy on the phone put it :P and for only £7 a month and I would still have my unlimited downloads so they had some good deals but I was with them for like 5-6 years so I guess it was a last strech to keep a loyal customer which I thought was quite good but I still left due to their max speed not being so good but other than that I must say AOL aint all that bad atleast they wasn't for me thankfully.

Indeed, I have had ups an downs with AOL, but recently I have had no problems at all.

I get the speeds I pay for, and previously I was on the 8MB package at £10, not £7.

Mikey
19-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Virgin Media.

GommeInc
19-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I like how I've been corrected by myself and you two :P As I said, ISPs vary on service in different areas, and you kinda backed that claim up :P

Berch
19-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Indeed, I have had ups an downs with AOL, but recently I have had no problems at all.

I get the speeds I pay for, and previously I was on the 8MB package at £10, not £7.

Yeah their a pretty good company in my opinion their max package was only 8MB but I always got that and downloaded an awful lot and thanks to the unlimited downloads never got told to stop or got capped and £10/£7 for internet is a pretty good bargain.

Kyle!
19-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Be*/02 broadband... I'm surprised no one mentioned it earlier.

Lost
19-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Be*/02 broadband... I'm surprised no one mentioned it earlier.

Yeah i've totally heard o2 are like the best broadband. I was thinking with going with them but we, somehow, ended up with Virgin.

Callum.
19-05-2009, 07:50 PM
some people complain about virgin but I think it's fine. I never have any problems and haven't rung them in a while. think 50mb soon.

Flisker
20-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Be*/o2 Broadband, if they have LLU in your exchange use it! NEVER go on Access with o2.

The Professor
20-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah their a pretty good company in my opinion their max package was only 8MB but I always got that and downloaded an awful lot and thanks to the unlimited downloads never got told to stop or got capped and £10/£7 for internet is a pretty good bargain.

Just to back up Gomme, in the past week my internet has gone down pretty routinely at around 7PM each night for half an hour. This seems to happen to me every so often. And the speeds are crap, my friends keep telling me about their high speeds and making me cry :'(

Blinger1
21-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Internode FTW!

Josh-lives
21-05-2009, 06:38 AM
we have orange. :)
orange livebox.
and it's pretty good. ;d

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!