PDA

View Full Version : Jailbraking makes iPhones slow?

Mint
19-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't know if I'm right by saying this but I jailbreaked my iPhone and got some amazing themes and free apps with it, but when I lost it and got a new one it was like dynamite compared to my old one. My new one is a 16GB if that makes a difference (we blagged them). The reason I ask this is because after looking at a "post your home screens" thread it has reminded me about the awesome themes I had on mine.

Jordan,
19-05-2009, 10:25 PM
myne dosent seem to make a diffrence weather it jailbroken or not

Implement
19-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Doesn't make a difference on mine, if anything, having legit appstore apps makes my iPhone slower than having it jailbroken. :P

Jackbee
20-05-2009, 11:22 AM
was it mine? :P
Yeah it definately makes the iphone slow and buggy.

p.s I have a 16gb

Indie-Dan
20-05-2009, 12:49 PM
It might not even be the themes that slow it down but certain apps in particular. I don't know anything about jailbreaking but it could be the case, seeing as some people's phones are fine with themes.

Mint
20-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Just jailbroke mine and experimented with the speed of it. So this is what seems to be the case; when you have a very complete theme which is very detailed and you do things such as scroll through your contacts, it's laggy and jumpy. Have almost any theme that displays pictures while loading whatever you just clicked on the menu and that seems to take it's time as well. Take the theme off and it's back to normal though. So what I'm going to do is find a good but basic theme that doesn't really make much of a difference to the performance. I also changed the logo of mine when you turn it on but I don't want a stupid little half eaten pineapple. How do I change it or get my apple logo back?

Recursion
23-05-2009, 03:56 PM
To get your Apple logo back just rejailbreak it and don't change the logo this time?

Mint
24-05-2009, 10:59 PM
To get your Apple logo back just rejailbreak it and don't change the logo this time?

That would work but I can't be bothered, can't I just do it on my iphone or download something from cydia that will allow me to?

Recursion
25-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Not that I know of, its part of the OS that can't be changed :S

Wolverhampton
25-05-2009, 10:36 AM
That would work but I can't be bothered, can't I just do it on my iphone or download something from cydia that will allow me to?

ignore tawm, his advice was piss poor and to be honest, useless.

download the app in cydia called 'logome' (it enables you to change the start-up logo to whatever you like)

theres an option to restore the default apple logo.

also, i find these huge themes with huge amounts of detail are crap, and sometimes can lag your device, i don't see the point in having these massive themes anyway. what i do is i download a theme i like (e.g if i like the dock, skins ect) i customize it so i just have the things i like, and delete all the clutter and things that i don't like. like at the moment i have a theme with just the dock theme, load up screen things (e.g. appstore loading screen). ect.

i hate all those huge themes, they're pointless.

Wolverhampton
26-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Thank you to who ever -rep'd me, I was only stating the truth. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!