PDA

View Full Version : How are any of you coping with geography GCSE?

Bouncing
20-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm in year 10 atm, and I'm faling geography badly doing AQA course. Well I've not done any coursework or exams in it yet, but its just I'm soooooooooo bad at it! Tbh though, I havent tried at all since I started year 10 and I can't do any of it now, even when i concerntrate in new topics it seems so hard to remember any of it. How are any of you finding it, any year 11's can give me advice?

Blinger1
21-05-2009, 06:15 AM
I always sucked at geography, thats probably why i scrapped a pass in year 10 :)

DieselShaq
21-05-2009, 06:55 AM
My school uses EdExcel for Geography, so I'm not sure about the AQA course, but there aren't really many tips I can give you. Diagrams help to remember things, but you gotta remember the diagram itself, which might be easier...

JackBuddy
21-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm doing A level Geography atm + will be doing it at Uni next year.
What is confusing you?

Sad3k..
21-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah im doing A level geography and hope to do it for uni !

But you just have to remember were things go, hrd 2 explain. Jus try exam style questions and papers, and see what they look for in questions revise over your topics, and you will get there in the end

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I did it at GCSE, wish I did it for A level now. It's pretty easy at GCSE, seeing as I didn't revise for it or even try that hard and got a B. Although I did get like 37/40 for the coursework.

Kardan
21-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Our whole school does AQA for everything except for Geography which is EdExcel, I'm finding it really easy though - haven't started revising it yet though.

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I didn't really know how to revise Geography. Looking back, case studies would have been the thing to revise.

Wootzeh
21-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I got a G in my geography GCSE :) wish I never took it.

Bouncing
22-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I should of had a go at french lmao, well the thing is I just cant remember any of the definitions not just the meanings but the word its self its weird I'm good at everything else except this...I dont even know how to find a grid reference and for example if it said explain the disadvantages of the shape of errm manchester and would show it on a map i wouldnt know were to start!!

Jordy
23-05-2009, 10:35 AM
You should really understand grid references before you even took GCSE Geography, they're reasonably essential to Geography and map reading in general.

They're a bit confusing at first but they're pretty easy once you know them. Tell your geography teacher you keep forgetting them and it'll probably only take 5-10 minutes to explain.

crazed
23-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm in year 10 atm, and I'm faling geography badly doing AQA course. Well I've not done any coursework or exams in it yet, but its just I'm soooooooooo bad at it! Tbh though, I havent tried at all since I started year 10 and I can't do any of it now, even when i concerntrate in new topics it seems so hard to remember any of it. How are any of you finding it, any year 11's can give me advice?

Im year 11 and I did no coursework for any subject until year 11. I wouldn't recommend it! I had a new teacher for year 11 because my year 10 one left. I was predicted c's but now im getting e's because he is such a crap teacher. Although I almost failed my mocks I've been revising so hard to make sure I get those c's and hopefully better.

I just wanna say don't give up yet you've got another year to prove them wrong and yourself right!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!