PDA

View Full Version : "White trash" :/

Mint
21-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm not being racist or anything Mod's. Besides, why the hell would white trash be racist to us whites?

Ok I've just been called white trash by some indians that live near my asda. We all just laughed. But basically where did they get the term "white trash" from and why should white people find it offensive? I'm white and to me it's just like a childish way of calling another skin colour (although it's not something you would expect a small child to say). Like racist white people may call other races things that are offensive, excluding the shorter version of pakistan because that's just nonsense too. But then they have this hideous come back which could easily be turned around by saying another skin colour with trash after it. I'm sorry if anyone does find anything that I have said offensive but I am honestly not saying it in a racist way at all.

myke
21-05-2009, 07:17 PM
It came off a tv show. I remember there being a controversy about someone calling someone else white trash...

e5
21-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I never find anyone saying anything to me as racist.

I'm British White and I couldn't care less wot they call me cos im proud lol

we call ourselves brits nd so do they, it can jus be seen as impolite if a foreigner calls us brits, but no racist. Same (imo) goes for calling them ****'s tbh.

Mint
21-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I never find anyone saying anything to me as racist.

I'm British White and I couldn't care less wot they call me cos im proud lol

we call ourselves brits nd so do they, it can jus be seen as impolite if a foreigner calls us brits, but no racist. Same (imo) goes for calling them ****'s tbh.

Oh snap the shorter version of pakistan is blocked and brit isn't!!! omg sorry to everyone that just saw me say the shorter version of britain, we need to get it blocked ASAP!

dirrty
21-05-2009, 07:22 PM
well its an ethnic slur used against someone to cause offense as its usually used in a derogatory manner. the P word, if used in a negative context could be deemed racist as that person using it aims to cause offense based upon the receivers ethnicity and thus discriminating that said person.

Mint
21-05-2009, 07:25 PM
well its an ethnic slur used against someone to cause offense as its usually used in a derogatory manner. the P word, if used in a negative context could be deemed racist as that person using it aims to cause offense based upon the receivers ethnicity and thus discriminating that said person.

Ok Prep, :O I didn't mean it, sorry, I'm not a racist!!! Please forgive me Prep. OMG SAID IT AGEN!!!

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 07:26 PM
i am white trash and proud

Nemo
21-05-2009, 07:29 PM
damn my fellow asian brothers spreading the hate.

i dont really take offense in racism but meh.

Mint
21-05-2009, 07:31 PM
i am white trash and proud

IMMENSEMAN HAS BEEN HAXED BY AN INDIAN!!!! :O:O

Misawa
21-05-2009, 07:34 PM
It's an American phrase coined by white Americans. It's something that was made for white Americans to call other white Americans who were anti-social. The British alternative would be chavs.

dirrty
21-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Ok Prep, :O I didn't mean it, sorry, I'm not a racist!!! Please forgive me Prep. OMG SAID IT AGEN!!!
childish :$

the P word is deemed offensive due to the context in which its used. nowadays the word is used negatively with an aim to offend, which has been determined by a value consensus of society & its members.

regarding white trash, if its used in an offensive context (and i can't really think of a sentence which would show the term in a positive way) then it is offensive really. not really hard to grasp.

Mint
21-05-2009, 07:35 PM
It's an American phrase coined by white Americans. It's something that was made for white Americans to call other white Americans who were anti-social. The British alternative would be chavs.

That doesn't seem to add up because other races use it against whites rather than whites vs whites. In that case, Jen is white trash yh?

Preposterous, I know you meant the P word as in the alternative to pakistan. I was just showing how by saying the shorter version of your name in an offensive context is just stupid and makes no sense at all.

Loser
21-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Oh snap the shorter version of pakistan is blocked and brit isn't!!! omg sorry to everyone that just saw me say the shorter version of britain, we need to get it blocked ASAP!

What
The
****?

"****" is a racist word because it's been made to be by racists, "Brit" is not intended to be, and doesn't look like ever being a racist word. You're a complete clown.

As for "white trash", this means you're a skanky white guy, or as wikipedia say:

White trash is a pejorative term targeted at lower social class white people with poor prospects and/or low levels of education. ...

Also, not a racist term.

Mint
21-05-2009, 07:45 PM
What
The
****?

"****" is a racist word because it's been made to be by racists, "Brit" is not intended to be, and doesn't look like ever being a racist word. You're a complete clown.

As for "white trash", this means you're a skanky white guy, or as wikipedia say:

Also, not a racist term.
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Moderator]: Please do not avoid the filter.

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 07:59 PM
alex, ur white trash m8.

Mint
21-05-2009, 08:02 PM
alex, ur white trash m8.
Its cos u seen dat pic of me innit m8?

http://www.foureyesjokeshop.com/ProductImages/white%20trash%20halloween%20costume.jpg

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 08:05 PM
ye thats the one fella

buttons
21-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm not being racist or anything Mod's. Besides, why the hell would white trash be racist to us whites?

Ok I've just been called white trash by some indians that live near my asda. We all just laughed. But basically where did they get the term "white trash" from and why should white people find it offensive? I'm white and to me it's just like a childish way of calling another skin colour (although it's not something you would expect a small child to say). Like racist white people may call other races things that are offensive, excluding the shorter version of pakistan because that's just nonsense too. But then they have this hideous come back which could easily be turned around by saying another skin colour with trash after it. I'm sorry if anyone does find anything that I have said offensive but I am honestly not saying it in a racist way at all.
If you think it's not racist/offensive then I don't see why you're so worked up about it :P What do you mean by white trash being a 'come back'? Is it because you wound up the guys and insulted them first? If you're arguing with someone of a different race it's likely that a racist term will be used, I know that I would. There's so many racist words for people that aren't white, the only racist word for a white person I've ever heard is 'honky' which is rarely used, trash is used to degrade someone so I guess adding the white to it is meant to make it even more insulting.

damn my fellow asian brothers spreading the hate.

i dont really take offense in racism but meh.
You moaned at me and Tom for it :(:(:(

That doesn't seem to add up because other races use it against whites rather than whites vs whites. In that case, Jen is white trash yh?
No because I'm not trash :)

What
The
****?

Also, not a racist term.
*Removed*
QUOTE]
Since when have you heard of the P word being used just to talk about people from Pakistan? It's always used as an insult no matter how you say it, it's not hard to just call them Pakistani's, even though I did call one of them that before and someone gave me a :O look as though I was being racist :S. It's just the fact if you say "oh that **** boy", "oh that asian kid" why can't people just say "that kid" instead of them having to have their race labelled to them at all times. I don't know though, if someone that wasn't British called me a 'brit' in a non-friendly way I'd be racist to them, probably because it's the same way as if I called them '****' if they were from Pakistan it would be seen as racist:S

Mint
21-05-2009, 08:08 PM
just cos i know where u live Jake. :8

http://www.devonm5.co.uk/communities/5/004/006/743/725/images/4522987392.png

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 08:10 PM
cant help it if everyone wants to come on holiday in their caravans here... it is the nicest part of england after all :lol:

Mint
21-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I do feel for you though. :( You must see so many faces come and go. Living in a holiday destination such as your caravan park really must be unpleasant.

Immenseman
21-05-2009, 08:15 PM
i dont live on one!!!!! CHEEKEH. anyway yeah the term white trash is RUDE.

Mint
21-05-2009, 08:27 PM
i dont live on one!!!!! CHEEKEH. anyway yeah the term white trash is RUDE.

Should of thought about that before calling me it. :eusa_booh

21-05-2009, 11:27 PM
yeah your wrong.
the american alternative to chav would be "wigger" which is a white person that acts and dresses like theyre black.
white trash is used in america to describe whites, mostly in the south, that live in trailer parks and just act like hicks.

Soy
22-05-2009, 12:19 AM
We have better insults for p***** so they try and make up crap ones like "honkey" "white trash"

Grimmauld
22-05-2009, 11:14 AM
when people call me racist things it's just funny to me to see how ignorant they are and how i'm not so i just laugh my ass off.

:Technical
22-05-2009, 11:46 AM
White-trash is a common slur for white people living in a caravan/trailer park. They are usually isolated from the 'normal' way of living.

Loser
22-05-2009, 09:40 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Moderator]: Please do not avoid the filter.

What'd he say? What'd he say!?

Mint
22-05-2009, 09:47 PM
What'd he say? What'd he say!?
Well, I said the shorter version of pakistan. But I spell it like pack... instead of pak so they accused me of avoiding the filter. (even thought it is just the way I spell it).

Swearwolf
22-05-2009, 09:48 PM
i got called a milky bar once by this indian kid, i said so much racist **** back to him i was surprised he didnt attack me

e5
22-05-2009, 09:53 PM
so what?
They call us white trash in a derogatory term :| I still don't take offence...

Mint
22-05-2009, 10:08 PM
so what?
They call us white trash in a derogatory term :| I still don't take offence...

Exactly. White trash isn't an offensive word. White trash isn't offensive even if used in an offensive way. The same can be said for the shorter version of pakistan. But obviously they pretend that they are offended to the police or whoever they can benefit from.

Loser
22-05-2009, 10:12 PM
i got called a milky bar once by this indian kid, i said so much racist **** back to him i was surprised he didnt attack me

That's not one of those times where you should fight fire with fire.

Tintinnabulate
23-05-2009, 12:44 AM

Mainly because **** is used to insult Pakistanis.
Brit isnt used in a degoratory manner.

Crimson
23-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I got called white **** and white trash by a bunch of school girls who were like 6 in jamaica :S

Mint
23-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Mainly because **** is used to insult Pakistanis.
Brit isnt used in a degoratory manner.

Ok so **** may be a word used to insult pakis but it's still only the shorter version of pakistan and it gets treated like a swear word. :S

25-05-2009, 01:37 AM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

RedStratocas
25-05-2009, 02:39 PM
if you want to know what white trash is, google image search it. "white trash" is more of a concentration on the "trash" part than the "white" part, just sayin'

25-05-2009, 07:09 PM
if you want to know what white trash is, google image search it. "white trash" is more of a concentration on the "trash" part than the "white" part, just sayin'

http://64.239.120.65/images/tmp/phpAmlnuW.jpg

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

leah
26-05-2009, 11:39 AM
It came off a tv show. I remember there being a controversy about someone calling someone else white trash...
it came from that whole shilpa thing, when they called Jade goody and co racist for saying shilpa popadom but when Jermaine Jackson called them white trash no one said anything lol...

26-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Not all British call it 'chavs'. There is also 'neds'.

eight
26-05-2009, 09:21 PM
white trash means white people are rubbish

ifuseekamy
27-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Ok so **** may be a word used to insult pakis but it's still only the shorter version of pakistan and it gets treated like a swear word. :S
It's derogatory by matter of semantics like any other offensive word. It's why white trash isn't just a reference to garbage that's white in colour.

Mint
27-05-2009, 01:26 PM
It's derogatory by matter of semantics like any other offensive word. It's why white trash isn't just a reference to garbage that's white in colour.
Omg that isn't the point? What I'm saying is white trash isn't an offensive word. Calling a race for something that they are ashamed of or a name that they find offensive would be.. offensive. Calling someone white trash is... not offensive. You can call me white trash in whatever "term" you want but it still won't be offensive?

Metric1
27-05-2009, 08:37 PM
i (L) ma caravan

GommeInc
27-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Aren't brits called pommes in some country? White trash doesn't sound very offensive, I bet Family Guy have ruined the offensiveness of it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!