PDA

View Full Version : What Uni do you want to go to?

Immenseman
22-05-2009, 09:24 PM
If you're in like year 11 or 12 (I guess year 13s already know) what University do you want to go to?

*12000th post* ly

cocaine
22-05-2009, 09:36 PM
oxford (H)
nahh umm i dont know. havent thought that far yet

myke
22-05-2009, 09:37 PM
i went to look around oxford a few yrs ago. its all so old so no fnks. probably a local one

Kardan
22-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I might apply to Oxford and Cambridge just for the sake of it, but I'm perfectly happy going to Leicester :)

Chaos
22-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I wont be goin til im like 22-23 lmao.

Im 19 now and have to retake my gcse's before they let me do my a levels, Because my key skills dont count as gcse's but i got told they did when i took the courses. So i have to redo them then apply again for a levels an by the time i do that i probs would have changed my mind again.

But if any id prefer to choose something local and which is easy to get to. As long as it does the course i want to take im not bothered where it is.

Shrlurp
22-05-2009, 09:57 PM
loughborough

Swearwolf
22-05-2009, 09:58 PM
i have conditional offer from demontfort uni in leicester

dirrty
22-05-2009, 10:09 PM
the following are the universities i've noted down to possibly apply for:

the university of sheffield
the university of birmingham
birmingham city university
sheffield hallam university

my mums like DONT go to a university in lesta cuz she wants me to go somewhere else lol. i wanna go to bham tho cuz its quite close anyway n its all gd

Nemo
22-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I dont know yet since it still quite far, but i wouldnt wanna go oxford. Looks like WAY too much work, even though its a good uni, id probaly get so bored id quit.

Sad3k..
22-05-2009, 10:40 PM
So far its:

St Andrews
Edinburgh
Bristol
Kings
Sheffield

Top 5 for geogrphay And Anthroplogy

Jordan,
22-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Exeter, Cardif, Plymouth or bournemouth

efq
22-05-2009, 11:17 PM
I love this question, some people say Oxford or Cambridge. Go to Cambridge and I could see you, although ive gotten used to the tons of students roaming my land that I don't even know their there.

Immenseman
22-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I couldn't get 4 As to get into Oxford or Cambridge. Well I probably could but not necessary in the subjects they see as "respectable". Anyway, I like the look of quite a few at the moment. God knows how I'm going to decide. I want to go to a top 20 just so I can say I did but that means getting like AAA anyway to study History.

Barmi
22-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I want to stay exactly where I am for the time being.

I love this question, some people say Oxford or Cambridge. Go to Cambridge and I could see you, although ive gotten used to the tons of students roaming my land that I don't even know their there.
1) How exactly is the first highlighted comment an incentive?
2) The University predates your living there by (guessing your age) 785 years.

Edit: Tourists are more of an issue than anything else. Foreign tourists... everywhere.

Immenseman
22-05-2009, 11:31 PM

n00bs go to cambridge newaiz

dirrty
22-05-2009, 11:31 PM
I couldn't get 4 As to get into Oxford or Cambridge. Well I probably could but not necessary in the subjects they see as "respectable". Anyway, I like the look of quite a few at the moment. God knows how I'm going to decide. I want to go to a top 20 just so I can say I did but that means getting like AAA anyway to study History.
haha i'd be laughed out of oxford/cambridge uni if i mentioned what my subjects are.

CHA!NGANG
22-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Nottingham, Warwick or UCL to study Architecture :)

Immenseman
22-05-2009, 11:32 PM
haha my sociology and psychology wouldn't go down too well. i did quite like Leicester - high ranking and high for history then my dad told me it was a ****hole loads of racial problems too. put me off it.

dirrty
22-05-2009, 11:38 PM
haha my sociology and psychology wouldn't go down too well. i did quite like Leicester - high ranking and high for history then my dad told me it was a ****hole loads of racial problems too. put me off it.
leicester doesn't really have racial problems. because the majority are indian and its really multicultural, i'd say people have grown to accept other ethnicities.

haha with media, film and sociology the'd be like OUT. i think english language is the only subject which isn't too bad? but tbh idk lol

Immenseman
22-05-2009, 11:42 PM
leicester doesn't really have racial problems. because the majority are indian and its really multicultural, i'd say people have grown to accept other ethnicities.

haha with media, film and sociology the'd be like OUT. i think english language is the only subject which isn't too bad? but tbh idk lol
christ media and film, are they evel real subjects?! :P

dirrty
22-05-2009, 11:45 PM
oi!!
u leave my subjects alone :eusa_naug

i wanna do english language & media at university anyway so i need em :8

Immenseman
22-05-2009, 11:47 PM
:lol: i quite like the look of reading too

Soy
23-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Cardiff or Swansea

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 07:49 AM
I haven't heard of many of the universities stated in this thread. Only heard of like, UCL, Oxford, Cambridge and Warwick? I'm likely heading to California, so UCLA or UC Berkeley.

alexxxxx
23-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I haven't heard of many of the universities stated in this thread. Only heard of like, UCL, Oxford, Cambridge and Warwick? I'm likely heading to California, so UCLA or UC Berkeley.

Do you like in the UK?

I wanna go UCL, but I don't think I'll get 3 As. Only AAB. >_>

So maybe Birmingham. No other University in London really offers Civil Engineering...

Catzsy
23-05-2009, 10:22 AM

They sure are! Careful, Jake or my dad might beat you up as that's what he does! :P
Are you not 2nd year 6th form? Wow I am surprised - you seem so mature.

Swansea University for me

Ostinato
23-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Do you like in the UK?

So maybe Birmingham. No other University in London really offers Civil Engineering...

Come to Strathclyde then ;)

Jordy
23-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Probably one quite a long way from home (Outside the East Midlands atleast). Oxford would be nice but very unlikely, I'd quite like to go to University in America it'd be quite good for any course based around Politics or Law but I need to look into this more.

luce
23-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Portsmouth, Loughbourgh(sp) or somewhere in the USA

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 10:42 AM
They sure are! Careful, Jake or my dad might beat you up as that's what he does! :P
Are you not 2nd year 6th form? Wow I am surprised - you seem so mature.

Swansea University for me
Aha, just winding him up :D Yeah, I'm in year 12 at the moment. Just my History exam to go then it's year 13 in September. Then the year after it'll be Uni for me.

You going to Swansea this year? Or are you having a gap year or what?

Probably one quite a long way from home (Outside the East Midlands atleast). Oxford would be nice but very unlikely, I'd quite like to go to University in America it'd be quite good for any course based around Politics or Law but I need to look into this more.

You and -:undertaker:- (UKIP) have to be MPs.

Ramones
23-05-2009, 10:43 AM
astonastonaston

Technologic
23-05-2009, 10:44 AM
York, Sheffield, Manchester or Oxbridge hopefully. (Need to get 7 A* in GCSEs for even a chance at oxbridge though) :{

And i'm looking for a course that sends me abroad for a year :]

leah
23-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Liverpool JM, Plymouth, Greenwich, Brighton or Kings. Depends what grades I get in AS.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Liverpool JM, Plymouth, Greenwich, Brighton or Kings. Depends what grades I get in AS.
Go to Brighton, partay town :eusa_danc

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Do you like in the UK?

I'm not in the UK, but I've only heard of most of the universities named in the thread because of the city. I think the best ones in the UK are like, Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial? Other than that, they're not really famous worldwide but I'm not sure if they're good. My parents are like, "You might as well go to UCLA if you're applying for universities in the UK aside from those three."

York, Sheffield, Manchester or Oxbridge hopefully. (Need to get 7 A* in GCSEs for even a chance at oxbridge though) :{

7 only? I don't think so. My sister has 10 but got 2230 for her SAT score so she's applying to MIT, Harvard, Oxford and I dunno what else. 7 A*s is too few, I think. Even I can get 7 (just need another 3 out of 7 subjects this year since I did 4 and got 4 last year). I'd say you need at least 9 for a chance to go to Oxford or Cambridge.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 11:21 AM
My friend got 12 A*. You still need 4 As at A level and even people who get 4 As - 75% of them are turned away.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 11:26 AM
My friend got 12 A*. You still need 4 As at A level and even people who get 4 As - 75% of them are turned away.
Your friend bothered to do (at least) 12 subjects? Wow.
If you do further AS or further A Maths, that counts as two subjects, right? Since 3 modules are needed for an AS and 6 are required for an A. If you do 12 modules and get all-As, would that count as 2 As in A level?

75% of the people with 4 As at A level doesn't really tell the whole story. First of all, it would also depend on their GCSE grades and it really depends on what the 100% is, since there could be a load of ambitious people with 2 A*s at GCSE and 4 As in A level who apply. Also, other things such as the interview and recommendation letters count.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah and their own test which they do will omit quite a few people in itself. Don't you have to hand in an essay or something as well when applying for them? Also, I did 12 GCSEs too, all of the "top set" students did. My grades didn't quite match hers though. I think most people do 10-12 GCSEs.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah and their own test which they do will omit quite a few people in itself. Don't you have to hand in an essay or something as well when applying for them? Also, I did 12 GCSEs too, all of the "top set" students did. My grades didn't quite match hers though. I think most people do 10-12 GCSEs.
You mean personal statement? I think that's sent in as well but I'm not too sure about application procedures.

My school limits students to 11 GCSEs at max taken at school (due to timetable fixing) but you can also take them if you learn outside school. For example, my school doesn't offer Japanese, Spanish or Italian, but some people take them for GCSE since they know the language (being the corresponding ethnicity) or learn it outside school.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah, likewise at the school I went to. We had a few Chinese students so they decided to take a Chinese GCSE and obviously managed to get the highest grade possible. One girl taught herself Greek. She didn't have a teacher to aid her study - she still attained an A if I remember rightly.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Chinese GCSE is so easy though. The listening is like, one word per 2 seconds. Quite a lot of people in my school take Italian. I think that it should replace French as a subject in my school lol.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Well any language is easy if it's your native tongue.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Not really. One of my German friends had troubles with German GCSE though I'd say it's because he came over to the English stream in primary and the teacher was just really bad.

But seriously, I don't really think universities should take into account the grade you got for the GCSE (as a second language) of your native language.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Doing higher GCSE in French is still questions like "where did your friend say she will meet you?" sure when you don't know French it'll be tricky. However, if you were fluent like you would be should it be your native tongue you'd be able to get full marks, easy. Like the coursework at GCSE all you have to do is make sure the piece is coherent and it'll be a comfortable A.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I've never done second language coursework, so I wouldn't know. The only coursework my school makes us do is for drama, English language, Geography and art.

Higher GCSE second language asks for the same stuff, really, apart from the fact that there's no oral exam included in Chinese. I've done GCSE German, French and Chinese and they're all basically the same questions in listening, reading and oral (apart from Chinese, as I've stated already). The only part that might have brought me down a bit (but not enough to bring me down to an A) is writing, since I don't use a wide-enough variety of opinion phrases and perhaps "spicy" words, as my German teacher calls them.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Exactly. If you spoke German fluently because your parents were German for example then you wouldn't have a problem integrating such "spicy" words into your work.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 01:07 PM
No, the problem isn't integrating them into my essay. The problem is remembering to use them.

Barmi
Okay, I just want to clear up some myths and misconceptions here.

You don't even need 7 A* grades at GCSE for Oxbridge. I had 4 A* grades and 7 A, if I remember correctly.

7 only? I don't think so. My sister has 10 but got 2230 for her SAT score so she's applying to MIT, Harvard, Oxford and I dunno what else. 7 A*s is too few, I think. Even I can get 7 (just need another 3 out of 7 subjects this year since I did 4 and got 4 last year). I'd say you need at least 9 for a chance to go to Oxford or Cambridge.

Nope, you don't need a high number. A lot of factors are taken into account. I believe the average number of A* grades is around 5. I could be wrong, but that's what admissions have told me. Virtually all your grades will be at least an A though.

Most students get at least 4 A grades at A-level, but it is rare that 4 are a requirement. Offers are usually based on three A-level grades. Note to those applying to Cambridge: I believe (I can't remember correctly and I'm not digging the relevant info out of my piles of paper) you will have general offers asking for one A* grade and two A grades now. Of course there is discretion, but I think that is the new general rule. This is not so different from before, because the CAF would ask for your individual UMS for each paper... so the interviewer could see whether you're hitting 90% anyway.

On the more competitive courses at the most competitive colleges, the success rate is like 1 in 5.

Your friend bothered to do (at least) 12 subjects? Wow.
If you do further AS or further A Maths, that counts as two subjects, right? Since 3 modules are needed for an AS and 6 are required for an A. If you do 12 modules and get all-As, would that count as 2 As in A level?

75% of the people with 4 As at A level doesn't really tell the whole story. First of all, it would also depend on their GCSE grades and it really depends on what the 100% is, since there could be a load of ambitious people with 2 A*s at GCSE and 4 As in A level who apply. Also, other things such as the interview and recommendation letters count.
The reference has very little influence because they are all going to be positive and say the same things anyway. A-level grades, GCSE grades to a lesser extent, personal statement and interview are all very important factors. I'm sure people have been accepted with 2 or less A* grades at GCSE; the interviewer can really find out a lot about how you think in those interviews. Oh, and some subjects may require an additional aptitude test.

A-level Mathematics and A-level Further Mathematics are two separate A-levels, yes.

Not really. One of my German friends had troubles with German GCSE though I'd say it's because he came over to the English stream in primary and the teacher was just really bad.

But seriously, I don't really think universities should take into account the grade you got for the GCSE (as a second language) of your native language.

I think generally you are expected to excel consistently across your subjects. Just because you don't speak the language doesn't mean you can't use your transferable learning skills to a slightly different subject. Grades aren't necessarily a reflection of what you know to the universities, but rather your ability to learn.

Funny you mention it actually, because my year was the last year where a language at GCSE was required to apply.

Immenseman
.... you wouldn't have that problem if you were fluent because it would be instinctive.

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 01:15 PM
.... you wouldn't have that problem if you were fluent because it would be instinctive.
Nope. I wouldn't use a lot of them in an English essay or a Chinese one.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Nope. I wouldn't use a lot of them in an English essay or a Chinese one.
Yet you said your English was an A* in another thread somewhere and you said your German wasn't :S

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Yet you said your English was an A* in another thread somewhere and you said your German wasn't :S
I never said my English was A*. I do English as first language which includes literature and language. It was more of me complaining about how I can't answer questions which ask how the writer evokes emotions and stuff. I got A* for French, German, Maths and Chinese last year. Haven't even done English yet.

Bevvie
23-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Bath, Cardiff, Portsmouth.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I never said my English was A*. I do English as first language which includes literature and language. It was more of me complaining about how I can't answer questions which ask how the writer evokes emotions and stuff. I got A* for French, German, Maths and Chinese last year. Haven't even done English yet.
You're too confusing and complicated for me to understand :P You said you can't get an A in German earlier in this thread because you forget to add "spicy" words. Now you're saying you got an A* of have I totally misunderstood.

JackBuddy
23-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Exeter, Cardif, Plymouth or bournemouth
eeee bournemouth :)

I've got Royal Holloway on my doorstep but i'd never get in there plus it's too local! I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. :8

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 03:31 PM
You're too confusing and complicated for me to understand :P You said you can't get an A in German earlier in this thread because you forget to add "spicy" words. Now you're saying you got an A* of have I totally misunderstood.

The only part that might have brought me down a bit (but not enough to bring me down to an A) is writing, since I don't use a wide-enough variety of opinion phrases and perhaps "spicy" words, as my German teacher calls them.
Not enough to go down to an A.

Basically I did 4 GCSEs last year: French, Chinese, German and Mathematics and got A* for all of them. For the languages, I was afraid of writing because I don't add "spicy" words so I had to do well in the other attributes.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh, I see. Well done :D wicked grades

DieselShaq
23-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I just need to hope I get the same percentage of A*s this year lol.

Throne Sofa
23-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I've started ordering and receiving the books that the uni's publish. I'll give them all a good read during the course of the summer, visit a few hopefully and after my AS Level grades come out i'll have a good idea of the five uni's I will want to apply for.

Currently looking at Sociology at places like Surrey, Sussex, Leeds, Lancaster, Manchester, Southampton, Exeter etc.

Immenseman
23-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I've ordered a few prospectuses too.

efq
23-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Edit: Tourists are more of an issue than anything else. Foreign tourists... everywhere.
i go by it most days so if ur there wearing a hxf tshirt i cud see you and yeah but i find the students more annoying.

Oh and its 800 years, the 2billion banners across elizabeth way bridge show that lol.

Barmi
23-05-2009, 08:30 PM
i go by it most days so if ur there wearing a hxf tshirt i cud see you and yeah but i find the students more annoying.

Oh and its 800 years, the 2billion banners across elizabeth way bridge show that lol.
It's 800 years if you only started living there this year. ;) I assumed you've lived there a few years and subtracted accordingly! I'm well excited because my college is 500 years in 2011, so the May Ball will be epic.

Here's one for you: American tourists asks one of my porters "heyy, does this college pre-date the second world war?" The response was "ma'am, it pre-dates your civil war".

JackBuddy
23-05-2009, 08:58 PM
It's 800 years if you only started living there this year. ;) I assumed you've lived there a few years and subtracted accordingly! I'm well excited because my college is 500 years in 2011, so the May Ball will be epic.

Here's one for you: American tourists asks one of my porters "heyy, does this college pre-date the second world war?" The response was "ma'am, it pre-dates your civil war".
Just out of interest- how much do you pay for halls? (if you are in them)

Barmi
23-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Just out of interest- how much do you pay for halls? (if you are in them)
Around £1,000 per term I think. I'm not too sure, but I think what I pay is pretty typical for anywhere. It might be cheaper if I'm sharing next year. Some rooms are more expensive than others, so there is like a range of between £800 and £1,200 for rooms in college.

Mentor
23-05-2009, 09:15 PM
*cough* Kent @ Cantebury *cough*

... no bias :P

monteh2
23-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I'll be going to Edinburgh in September to study Architecture :)

I'm really looking forward to it!

Inseriousity.
24-05-2009, 07:34 AM
oxbridge... hmm.. yeah highly unlikely for me!
I read a prospectus for york st john and that looked good so I might try there :)

Josh-H
24-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I was looking at physics at Warrick but they want 3 A's in Physics, Maths & a 3rd related subject.

Which I'm pretty sure I won't achieve.

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 11:45 AM

... no bias :P
My sister goes there :eusa_danc

Xarea
24-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm going into college this September, but I have no idea what I want to do for university... or where I want to go.

Is this bad, lol?!

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Not really Ollie. I'm just finishing my first year at college and I'm still not 100% sure either. Although I have to be come like October, I think.

Mentor
24-05-2009, 12:58 PM

... no bias :PMy sister goes there :eusa_danc

L33tness - kent rocks :D

N!ck
24-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Preferably MIT, but since that's completely unrealistic and I didn't apply there I'm hoping to go to Manchester, I just need the grades :(.

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 02:01 PM
L33tness - kent rocks :D
Yeah, I've been there a few times to visit her. Was going to travel up this week but don't have the money atm. Nice place :D

Jam
24-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Hull for Computer Games Graphics

N!ck
24-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I was looking at physics at Warrick but they want 3 A's in Physics, Maths & a 3rd related subject.

Which I'm pretty sure I won't achieve.

Is it 3 or 4 years that you applied for and was that an offer without interview? Mine's 4 years and they offered AAB with the As in Maths and Physics withoput interview. I've not put it as my insurance or my firm though as I didn't go down to see it so don't want to risk it. Manchester is my firm (AAA) and Leeds my insurance (AAB).

Metric1
24-05-2009, 05:18 PM
StFX or Berkeley

JackBuddy
24-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm going into college this September, but I have no idea what I want to do for university... or where I want to go.

Is this bad, lol?!
No, I rushed my application to uni because I had no idea what I wanted to do and have since changed the course. Just do what subjects/ courses you are likely to enjoy.

.:Admiral:.
24-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Britannia Royal Naval College or Swansea Uni :D

Bun
25-05-2009, 03:15 PM
don't have a clue at the moment.

Soka
25-05-2009, 07:31 PM

I only got 4 A*s at GCSE (but i guess i got them in the important subjects), and i've got an AAA offer from Oxford for maths. Where did you get your 'you'd need at least 9 for a chance' from?

It depends on the subject that your applying to on whether maths and further maths is grouped as one or two subjects, and how many modules you are doing. I believe medicine as an example group them as one subject.

I didn't realise you could apply to American Unis at same time as UK ones, did she do them separately?

Oh, and if i remember I read an article recently from a Cambridge admissions officer saying that they don't take personal statements seriously anymore due to the uncertantity in authenticity from students because of the readily available copies on internet.

EDIT: Never mind, ignore all that as i've just read through the whole thread and Barmi's beat me to it and explained eveything in a better way than me :eusa_whis:@

Eamonn
27-05-2009, 07:07 PM
i'm looking into
uni of leicester
uni of birmingham
liverpool uni
and keele

:) looking around them soon, then applying september time (Y)

mangle
27-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Manchester
Liverpool
Cardiff
Leeds

Are my current interests, Manchester being my favourite.

Ramones
29-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I didn't realise you could apply to American Unis at same time as UK ones, did she do them separately?

Aye, i reckon it's different in the US, where you can individually apply for as many uni's as you want but it costs so much each time to apply, theres no big ucas system. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong americans!

Alkaz
29-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Westminster or London Met.

Jesus-Egg
31-05-2009, 10:26 PM
For those still undecided, Durham's nice ;)

Immenseman
31-05-2009, 10:28 PM
For those still undecided, Durham's nice ;)
hard to get into also :8

Fifteen
31-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Bournemouth Uni, it is the only uni that I have actully found courses I like at, going to go to one of the open days to check it out.

JackBuddy
02-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Bournemouth Uni, it is the only uni that I have actully found courses I like at, going to go to one of the open days to check it out.
woo! what course and when?

Fifteen
03-06-2009, 04:36 PM
woo! what course and when?

Internet Communication Systems or IT Managment or Business Information Technology, havn't decided yet. Order loads of prospectuses for other unis aswell and been looking at online prospectuses for courses, found a few.

What about yourself?

JackBuddy
03-06-2009, 08:53 PM

Internet Communication Systems or IT Managment or Business Information Technology, havn't decided yet. Order loads of prospectuses for other unis aswell and been looking at online prospectuses for courses, found a few.

What about yourself?
environmental protection and management this september!

LuketheDuke
09-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Grades permitting I'm going to Manchester to study American Studies (need BBB) Spending my second year at UCLA, waiting back for an aptitude test I had to do to see whether they'll consider me.

Should get AAB so Im looking foward to it all!

Cyndia
09-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Aye, i reckon it's different in the US, where you can individually apply for as many uni's as you want but it costs so much each time to apply, theres no big ucas system. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong americans!

Totally right. I think when I applied, they were all between 40USD - 80USD per application, though there were some schools (the ones that weren't as high caliber) that waived your application fee so that it was free.

Oh, and for you guys interested in studying in the US, you should consider applying to Cornell University.. It's an incredible school, I absolutely love it. Forget MIT and Harvard and what not, big red is where it's at!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!