PDA

View Full Version : Living-Online

mousey
24-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Hello, some may rememeber me, few may even worship me, aha joking.

Well i'm back for an interesting update.

For the past 2 months or so Me and Mattie who some may know, have been working on a new project, Codenamed project living.

Bascially, it's written in C# and it is full 3d. it's similar to the sims online. which closed down in mid 2008. We're making our own fresh version with fancy new features.

It will be downloadable, and we're going to try and keep the file size low by using a few clever tricks.

I'm not going to say what we have done so far, but basically to see some previews and the done list visit www.living-online.co.uk (http://www.living-online.co.uk).

Trust me, it's one project to keep an eye out for, what started as a test of mine and Matties coding / graphic skills has turned into a full blown project.

I won't make any more threads but if i remember, i shall keep this one updated.

Thank from -

Tom
Living-online &
Mattie.

MrPinkPanther
24-05-2009, 09:58 AM
The red cube is a house
That pretty much summed it up for me.

I'm sorry but I don't think that this is going to be in any way successful. There are thousands of downloadable chat games on the internet and yours looks just like them...but with worse graphics. Infact you are going into direct competition with second life which is completely free and you can make your own objects on it.

Everything about this so far is poor. A free site, bad graphics, a bad region specific domain, a bad unoriginal concept and a bad slogan.

Live your life online
...errrr...yeh...I think I got that from the title

mousey
24-05-2009, 10:02 AM
The house was just for the movement testing, the graphics havn't been started. The Graphics used so far we're either quickly done on photoshop or 3ds max.

I'm sorry to hear you don't think it will sucseed.

Thanks for the feedback.

MrPinkPanther
24-05-2009, 10:08 AM
The house was just for the movement testing, the graphics havn't been started. The Graphics used so far we're either quickly done on photoshop or 3ds max.
So why release them then? You said you were "proud" of it yet it looks a bit....well....rubbish. I'm a Cinema 4D newbie but even I could do something like that in minuites.

This forum is completely honest unlike those on OpenSock or whatever which I am sure you use. To be blunt, it doesn't look all that great.

mousey
24-05-2009, 10:12 AM
The water rendering system has been re written. The red cube was made in about 30 seconds so we can scale and test like i said, our movement systems.

We havn't posted it on opensock. But yes i do use it.

MrPinkPanther
24-05-2009, 10:15 AM
The water rendering system has been re written. The red cube was made in about 30 seconds so we can scale and test like i said, our movement systems.

We havn't posted it on opensock. But yes i do use it.
Again, why release the screenshots if its nothing to do with the real client? It seems like you should have kept this private for another few months and then unveiled it when it had some half decent stuff.

I know I sound like a real prat but I honestly can't see atall where this project is going, even if it does getting finished it doesn't look like its going to be that great.

Only a couple of months ago you were involved with Paradise-Isle, what happened to that? Oh wait..dont worry..I remember, they stole my artwork and claimed it as their own.

Brixsta
24-05-2009, 10:47 AM
The whole idea of "living your life online"; is horrible.
Are you trying to aim it at fat people, with no lives, and stay in on their computer all day?

mousey
24-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok, both of you, ill admit it needs alot more planning and a name change.

Also flyduo, i left in febuary to work with another mmocc, Paradise-isle try to steal my artwork too, sell it on without my permission.

Thanks for your cc

MrPinkPanther
24-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok, both of you, ill admit it needs alot more planning and a name change.
Yup, I think so :). If you put a lot of work in then it has a real chance but in its current state, I think not.

Also flyduo, i left in febuary to work with another mmocc, Paradise-isle try to steal my artwork too, sell it on without my permission.
They are ***** huh? Ha ha. The funny thing is I was never involved with them atall, the first time I heard of them I went on their site and it had some of my artwork on it. I was like what!?!? but they took it down after I complained.

Lucas0123
24-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Ive heard about this from matt. Im not sure if you are matt as i dont know you on Hxf. But Goodluck and i hope it is a success. :D

Catchy
24-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Lol the name just makes me cringe!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!