PDA

View Full Version : Blatant price fixing

Wyked
24-05-2009, 10:37 AM
May 23rd - Throne 65hc
May 24th - Throne 70hc

During the 3rd the throne was only trading for 65/66

Any reason for the 5hc jump, or do a few staff just fancy making a few quick hc's? :rolleyes:

Barmi
24-05-2009, 11:02 AM
May 23rd - Throne 65hc
May 24th - Throne 70hc

During the 3rd the throne was only trading for 65/66

Any reason for the 5hc jump, or do a few staff just fancy making a few quick hc's? :rolleyes:
I have to disagree. I've seen a number of people who have spend days trying to buy a throne at 70 HC and still not being successful. I would argue it's slightly higher than 70 HC for that reason, but I'm happy with where it is now.

I am cynical like you, but I don't suspect it in this instance. *shrug*

Mr-Trainor
24-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Actually, I personally sold a Throne for 71cs and also saw people paying 70cs and above, some people not able to get one at 68cs! I personally think it was the right move to increase it to 70cs and if you think it was a wrong move, PM Netaxes (rv manager).

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 11:48 AM
The values are set to what people are trading for. Netaxes, unlike you, doesn't have a great urge to collect pixel furniture and certainly wouldn't care about 5HC. You can't just make such accusations because it hasn't benefited you. Maybe you're trying to buy thrones and wanted to get them cheap before they went up and you didn't manage to get as many as you wanted :rolleyes:

Kamran28
24-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Nah, I've seen alot of rejections of people offering 68-70hc for a Throne, but people won't sell for that low. People with Thrones have finally cottoned onto the fact that if they continue to sell their Throne cheap, the price would decrease - so they're starting to dismiss offers lower than 70hc etc. I've seen it being sold above the current price of 70hc, but for a good average 70hc is a nice estimate of the price of a Throne.

culturist
24-05-2009, 02:13 PM
god, do you really think they would get away with fixing the values? the values are updated to the current value that they are being traded on habbo, not to what the rare values manager wants them to be :S

Japan
24-05-2009, 02:59 PM
If we fixed the values we'd get fired.
If someone posted a value that was really outrageous then someone would notice and give them a warning..

Tintinnabulate
24-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Sell it for what you think its worth then.
Like I am selling HC Sofa's for a duck in the Rare Trading forum.

culturist
24-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Sell it for what you think its worth then.
Like I am selling HC Sofa's for a duck in the Rare Trading forum.

exactly, no-one has to follow the values on habbox, but unfortunately, everyone does which is annoying :@

people take habbox rare values too seriously when they don't need to but as soil said, sell it for what you want to sell it for, no-one is telling you to use habbox rare values :)

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah to be fair it's hard not to use them to an extent because everyone else is. even when i was manager i purchased things at the value i wanted to. like hamfist will remember i got some fans and icms off him double the habbox value because i wanted them.

Catchy
24-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I just trade for what I thinks about right!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!