PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm.. so It's right to support two teams?

champions
24-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I just read this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=580825 and laughed. Yeah I get you love football but you support two teams. One being Arsenal a big team who won trophies and one being your local club - Doncaster. What I don't get is the replies...

"Totally the approach to football I love to see(H) +rep (must spread)." - Yeah that's right.. supporting two clubs is the best approach to football :S:S

"good thread.

writing this in my boxers. " - No it isn't. He just admitted he supports two teams which clearly makes him a glory hunter.

"LOL someone had to say it.

good thread but don't get the point of it :P." - No it's a crap thread

"Not really? It's a fantastic approach to have. You don't need to support a set team, because as we all know, it causes friction, which is some cases is good, but still - You get some who have a general view of football which is good to see occasionally :)

I'm no one to talk since I fully back the villa " - He only supports Doncaster because he was a glory hunter and even admits it. He was an Arsenal fan a few years ago but decided to support his local club and still follow Arsenal. Which is a crap approach imo.. follow one team and stick to it.

Kieeran
24-05-2009, 02:12 PM
i made a thread asking if people supported a second team, supports the wrong word. But i support birmingham city and i always like to seee liverpool do well. if i was to go to a liverpool and birmingham game id never ever ever ever choose liverpool :s

Loser
24-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Support your local team before you tell others how to support theirs.

champions
24-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I followed my dad.

My dad team >>>>> Local team

Loser
24-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Manchester dads, eh. You'd think there was a dad factory there.

champions
24-05-2009, 02:27 PM
My dad was a top red. He went to nearly every United game in the 70's and 80's. He saw us get relegated aswell. Most people lie about their dads supporting United but I aint.

Browney
24-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Manchester dads, eh. You'd think there was a dad factory there.

mancs and giving birth to children go hand in hand, duh.

Andeeh
24-05-2009, 02:48 PM
My dad was a top red. He went to nearly every United game in the 70's and 80's. He saw us get relegated aswell. Most people lie about their dads supporting United but I aint.
to be honest i dont really care.

i dont see the problem if people want to support two clubs.

Wootzeh
24-05-2009, 02:51 PM
you're STILL going on? YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Skajo
24-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Newcastle > Arsenal > Doncaster Rovers if you want it to be precise, Pleke.

Judge me as you wish but you'll never be able to make a point because you live in Leicester. I realised that 'glory supporting' as you call it (even though at the time Arsenal wasn't winning much) was wrong, thus, realising the error of my ways I now support Doncaster Rovers. I had a season ticket, I went to game after game after game away games when we were rock bottom without a win in God knows how many matches.

It must be so hard for you to support Manchester United. When you grow up and realise what I realise; then, and only then, shall I actually take your opinions on board.

Now do everyone a favour and *Removed*.

Edited by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Please don't post inappropriately.

FlyingJesus
24-05-2009, 03:25 PM
If you grow up supporting a non-local team then surely you don't exactly prove club loyalty by suddenly saying NOPE NOT GONNA LIKE THEM BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE THERE. I don't particularly care for any of the teams because I far prefer to play football than watch it, but if pushed I'll give Chelsea as my favourites, simply because they were the first team I ever heard of when I was 6 and decided from there. If I now started going to Brighton games, wearing Brighton shirts and watching everything the team does, would that really make me a "better" football follower?

Skajo
24-05-2009, 03:30 PM
If you grow up supporting a non-local team then surely you don't exactly prove club loyalty by suddenly saying NOPE NOT GONNA LIKE THEM BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE THERE. I don't particularly care for any of the teams because I far prefer to play football than watch it, but if pushed I'll give Chelsea as my favourites, simply because they were the first team I ever heard of when I was 6 and decided from there. If I now started going to Brighton games, wearing Brighton shirts and watching everything the team does, would that really make me a "better" football follower?
In my eyes you can support who you want, I just see local support better as you're supporting not just the club, but the community and economy of your own area - which can only be a good thing, no?

I don't care if you support Manchester United until you demean other people for being 'glory supporters' and demean other clubs. I can't see how I'm a glory supporter for supporting my local team considering the first game I went to, the table looked like this (http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10329%7E20071117,00.html). I got taken by my friend as I've stated many a times and fell in love with the club instantly.

Pleke, grow up. Honestly.

luce
24-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I followed my dad.

My dad team >>>>> Local team

Same. And we're from Dudley although my grandpa was friends with Duncan Edwards, they went to school together. So that may have something to do with it.

Writing this as i sit in mah united 09/10 kit as i look at my Wolves 02/03 kit while admiring my Carling cup final scarf which is next to my Aston villa scarf onto of my wolves scarf next to my other two united scarves. xoxox

sorry just made me lol the way he listed everything like he had them all framed :D

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 03:36 PM
i support four, just for fun.

Skajo
24-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Writing this as i sit in mah united 09/10 kit as i look at my Wolves 02/03 kit while admiring my Carling cup final scarf which is next to my Aston villa scarf onto of my wolves scarf next to my other two united scarves. xoxox

Your dad ain't you though, is he? Oh, and now you've posted that; Pleke will have a go at you because although he is from Leicester, he's the biggest Manchester United fan there is. Hell, he's probably packing for Rome right now... oh wait.

MeRkAgE
24-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Same. And we're from Dudley although my grandpa was friends with Duncan Edwards, they went to school together. So that may have something to do with it.

sorry just made me lol the way he listed everything like he had them all framed :D

Has the kit even been released yet? Loser.

Edited by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Please don't insult other members.

Andeeh
24-05-2009, 06:13 PM

Worthing have a good team

Wolverhampton
24-05-2009, 07:09 PM
when was the last time Arsenal won something?

your argument is flawed.

Has the kit even been released yet? Loser.

and yes it was released a week ago.

EDIT: Oh sorry thought you ment Wolves 09/10 kit.

Rock
24-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't support local club, I supported the team I felt had the passion and fight till the end in football

Skajo
24-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't support local club, I supported the team I felt had the passion and fight till the end in football
Keith?

Geraint
24-05-2009, 10:39 PM
My grandad used to like Manchester United so from now on, I support them.

Jack.Lfc
24-05-2009, 10:48 PM
My pet fish is a united fan, therfore i support them.

Wootzeh
24-05-2009, 10:56 PM
none of my family supported them, but they won the league so i'm going to buy the new top when it comes out

Geraint
24-05-2009, 11:00 PM
none of my family supported them, but they won the league so i'm going to buy the new top when it comes out

It's already out, Lucy said.

Loser
25-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I once drove through Manchester.

Bun
25-05-2009, 12:40 PM
i once watched coronation street?

Skajo
25-05-2009, 01:02 PM
i once watched coronation street?
I feel sorry for you.

Jack.Lfc
25-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I Always watch it. Richard hilmon is a scouser.

champions
25-05-2009, 01:48 PM
when was the last time Arsenal won something?

your argument is flawed.

and yes it was released a week ago.

EDIT: Oh sorry thought you ment Wolves 09/10 kit.
Emirates Cup:eusa_danc

Adammm probably started supporting Arsenal around 2001 when Arsenal went on to win the league and carried on supporting them until last season when they were top of the league and famously rotted away. This was the last straw for him and he decided to support his local team and admitted he was a glory hunter BUT this doesn't matter now because he changed teams :eusa_wall

Wolverhampton
25-05-2009, 01:49 PM
We are talking about facts, as your said, Mr.Adammm is the only one who can do these things (support as many teams as he wants) - this is a fact.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Emirates Cup:eusa_danc

Adammm probably started supporting Arsenal around 2001 when Arsenal went on to win the league and carried on supporting them until last season when they were top of the league and famously rotted away. This was the last straw for him and he decided to support his local team and admitted he was a glory hunter BUT this doesn't matter now because he changed teams :eusa_wall
Blimey! You know more about me than me. Have a gold star.

FlyingJesus
25-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Worthing have a good team

:lol: lmao thanks I needed a laugh

Muppet
25-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I support my local club more than any other club. I go to every home and away game, no matter the distance. And that's really hard when you're visiting places like Gateshead on a Tuesday night in January. Sure, I have a soft spot for Liverpool but surely you can support a local club like mine, and follow a Premiership club too?

Wootzeh
25-05-2009, 02:44 PM
finally someone used the word follow, as in follow their results. that's acceptable imo.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 03:14 PM
finally someone used the word follow, as in follow their results. that's acceptable imo.
and if you follow that team and want them to do well - surely that's supporting?

Wootzeh
25-05-2009, 03:27 PM
no, going to the matches to encourage them is supporting. you couldargue buying a replica shirt is too but meh not really if you live 200miles from the club.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 08:11 PM
no, going to the matches to encourage them is supporting. you couldargue buying a replica shirt is too but meh not really if you live 200miles from the club.
I've never been to an Arsenal match (not even Rovers vs Arsenal) but have their shirts - I have Rovers shirts, season ticket and go to many away games. How's my situation?

Wootzeh
25-05-2009, 09:29 PM
depends whether you claim to support arsenal or follow them.

Skajo
25-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I see them as an aspirational club to all lower-league football clubs and have a sense of football which is something that Rovers play as well - down on the ground, pass it around. I wish them to do well - whether they lose or not doesn't particularly bother me that much; I just enjoy watching every game that they play in because their football is so aesthetically pleasing. The business side of the club also is an aspirational thing which is something that I respect - they're a self sufficient club now that makes a lot of money.

Where do I stand?

Wolverhampton
26-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't know where you stand? In a field away from HxF maybe?

Skajo
26-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't know where you stand? In a field away from HxF maybe?
As if. HxF is my life.

Wolverhampton
26-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Awww.

*hands tissue*

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!