PDA

View Full Version : Film Screenplay

Misawa
24-05-2009, 03:40 PM
This summer I am directing a 35-minute short film that I have written, titled In the Realm of the Sadist. It's a survival horror set in the North American back country.

I thought I'd create a thread in the Movies forum so people can follow the production of the film if anyone is interested in the film-making process, so head over there for a little more information.

I have a working relationship with an American film production and distribution company and we are both confident that together we will secure a distribution deal for a DVD, with release hopefully by the end of 2009.

I'm not holding much to secrecy with this project, so I have uploaded the screenplay for all to read if they wish. I'm sure many have not seen what an industry-standard film script looks like.

IN THE REALM OF THE SADIST Screenplay (http://www.scribd.com/doc/15769048/In-the-Realm-of-the-Sadist)

superstar911
24-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm a screenwriter myself (Have been writing TV shows for about 3 years now) and i just want to say that the script is excellent, I've read it quickly over but I'll most definitely
be going back to read it in depth
. It's very gripping and the characters are actually ones you can care about, they have a lot of depth to them. Congratulations big style on that. I was about to say your timing would be under if it's 40 second page but when you account for the action it should be spot on. Please keep me up to date on how this project is going and any future projects your doing for that matter.

Andy

Misawa
24-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks.

Yeah, I kept to the one page-one minute rule as I always do, but as you said, the script is shorter than the film due to some of the action.

I'd be interested to read your scripts.

superstar911
24-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks.

Yeah, I kept to the one page-one minute rule as I always do, but as you said, the script is shorter than the film due to some of the action.

I'd be interested to read your scripts.

Do you use Final Draft to write your scripts? And add [email protected] if you have MSN and I'll send you some.

Misawa
24-05-2009, 04:43 PM
I write in long hand then onto FD when finished.

Misawa
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Updated draft.

Wig44.
08-06-2009, 08:05 PM
It's good, how long did it take you? Usually I stick to a 3 act structure when writing, and it usually takes me months.

Misawa
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Writing what?

This just took me a week. Longest short I've ever written.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!