PDA

View Full Version : This is a disgrace

Mint
24-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Parents have just gone on holiday, phoned me up just a few mins ago. They got charged £28 for taking to much luggage. As this is happening there was a big fat greedy ******* walking through. My dad said that it made him realize how much extra weight they are taking but do not get charged. I also agree with this and have strong feelings about it!!! :@:@:@:@:@

Immenseman
24-05-2009, 04:34 PM
bring in a fat tax!!

Absently
24-05-2009, 04:44 PM
They just shouldn't be allowed on a plane if they're majorly fat.

joshuar
24-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Charge 'em 2 seats!

culturist
24-05-2009, 05:08 PM
i don't think just because someone is fat they should be charged extra to go on a plane lol, but i suppose you could charge them for two seats, or three, or four, or whatever...

:eusa_danc

Nick.
24-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I was once sat next to someone who took up half my seat, he pulled the arm rest off an crushed me upto the window. :/

cocaine
24-05-2009, 07:13 PM
they phoned you purely because they got charged an extra £28? wow.

but yeah if they fat tax people it'll cause arguments because people will reckon the airlines are discriminating them.

Skajo
24-05-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VuZnAoZJ_g

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Tintinnabulate
24-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I was once sat next to someone who took up half my seat, he pulled the arm rest off an crushed me upto the window. :/

hahah shame
wasnt there any other empty seats?

Mint
24-05-2009, 10:36 PM
they phoned you purely because they got charged an extra £28? wow.

but yeah if they fat tax people it'll cause arguments because people will reckon the airlines are discriminating them.
No... They phoned me to tell me how the flight went, what the weathers like etc.

hahah shame
wasnt there any other empty seats?
No, he was probably sat in them!

eight
24-05-2009, 10:43 PM
na na nii

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not pointless post.

25-05-2009, 01:06 AM
£28 for extra baggage is cheap, count yourself lucky

Mint
25-05-2009, 06:49 PM
£28 for extra baggage is cheap, count yourself lucky

£0 extra for a massive cake belly is cheap, they should also count themselves lucky.

Blinger1
26-05-2009, 08:42 AM
£0 extra for a massive cake belly is cheap, they should also count themselves lucky.
I don't get why you are complaining, would you want to pay the extra cash because you are fat? How do you know it isn't generic?

-rep for that comment.

Big whoop if you had to pay 28 pounds for extra luggage, you shouldn't need to take so much with you.. 20KG is more then enough clothes or what ever...?

cocaine
26-05-2009, 08:53 AM

what about the people who cant help it? medicine for disorders can increase weight, are you going to charge them too?

Blinger1
26-05-2009, 08:57 AM
what about the people who cant help it? medicine for disorders can increase weight, are you going to charge them too?
That is true, my cousins ex had a brain tumor and she gained a lot of weight because of it.

Mint
26-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't get why you are complaining, would you want to pay the extra cash because you are fat? How do you know it isn't generic?

-rep for that comment.

Big whoop if you had to pay 28 pounds for extra luggage, you shouldn't need to take so much with you.. 20KG is more then enough clothes or what ever...?
Fair enough if it's generic, they would be able to get proof of this from their GP. Also, they shouldn't need to eat so much.

Same as above.

That is true, my cousins ex had a brain tumor and she gained a lot of weight because of it.
Same as above.

The fact is, they charge normal healthy people for the extra weight on the plane yet we have these greedy people that come along and put like an extra 5 stone+ on the plane and don't have to pay an extra penny. If it's not there fault then fair enough, but when they are just stuffing themselves all the time and are as lazy as **** it's just a disgrace. But to all them fattys reading this, this would never be put into place so you might as well stop worrying now before you have a heart attack

leah
26-05-2009, 11:32 AM
lol but luggage is different to someone. They can hardly offload their flab :S

Mint
26-05-2009, 12:46 PM
lol but luggage is different to someone. They can hardly offload their flab :S

They can either:

1. Pay for there extra weight like we do.

2. Do some excerise.

3. Not eat as much in the first place.

4. Just not go on holiday.

Skajo
26-05-2009, 01:30 PM
lol generic.

learn the meanings of words, people.

Catzsy
26-05-2009, 02:27 PM
They can either:

1. Pay for there extra weight like we do.

2. Do some excerise.

3. Not eat as much in the first place.

4. Just not go on holiday.

The weight limit for luggage is well advertised. It is that weight because all luggage is put in the hold and they have a maximum they can safely take for the flight. People come in all shapes and sizes and provided they fit into the seat it is acceptable to the airlines. I believe if they have to use 2 seats they have to pay for them. I find your posts targetting a section of the community who may be that way because of health problems uninformed and quite discriminatory. If it is a lifestyle choice then again it is not against the airline rules. The issue here could have been solved if your parents had weighed the luggage before going to the airport. I cannot see it is the fault of anybody else.

Skajo
26-05-2009, 02:45 PM
The weight limit for luggage is well advertised. It is that weight because all luggage is put in the hold and they have a maximum they can safely take for the flight. People come in all shapes and sizes and provided they fit into the seat it is acceptable to the airlines. I believe if they have to use 2 seats they have to pay for them. I find your posts targetting a section of the community who may be that way because of health problems uninformed and quite discriminatory. If it is a lifestyle choice then again it is not against the airline rules. The issue here could have been solved if your parents had weighed the luggage before going to the airport. I cannot see it is the fault of anybody else.
Smoking is a lifestyle choice.

Mint
26-05-2009, 03:30 PM
A true story that I copied and pasted:

With so many dangers to commercial airliners, airlines have had to spring into action to prevent these dangers from compromising the safety of the passengers as well as the crew. Truly sadistic devices of terror such as iPods, laptop computers, and scientific calculators are common on commercial flights and have to be tightly regulated by the flight crew, as their use could result in disaster.

Sadly, there is an even greater danger to the safety of an airplane; one I was not aware of until a recent flight I was on during my vacation. It would appear that fat people crash planes.

My flights are normally non-stop, taking me pretty far from home, so I have grown accustomed to the larger aircraft commonly used in most domestic travel. This was the first time that I found myself traveling in one of the smaller aircraft used for short range flights.

The aircraft was most likely a smaller variant of the Boeing 737 or something similar. We didn�t board by a jet way, but by portable steps out on the tarmac. Our carry-on bags had to be checked as their was very little room in the overhead compartments for anything much larger than a purse or small bag. The plane featured a row of single seats down the left hand side, and a row of double seats down the right (This will come into play later).

Our flight was full, these planes don�t hold very many, and we watched as more and more people boarded the plane. Towards the end of the boarding, a very large gentleman stepped onto the plane. The man was about 5�10� and appeared to be in the neighborhood of 450lbs. or more. He wasn�t morbidly obese, but he was a really large fellow. A few people did a double take as he stepped on to the plane. It�s not very often you see a large man like that on a tiny plane like this. We all learned his name later as the events unfolded, but for the sake of this retelling we�ll call him Mr. McFattypants.

Mr. McFattypants began to work his way back towards his seat with much difficulty. The aisles in an airplane are pretty small, but in this plane they felt smaller than normal. He struggled to work his way back walking sideways while several people generously leaned away from the aisle to give the gentleman room to pass. When he found his seat, he squeezed into the double seat and pulled up the armrest in the middle as he was going to need both seats. Obviously, Mr. McFattypants had been forced by the airlines to purchase both seats for himself due to his girth as this is standard procedure now with most airlines.

Once he was in his seat, he started to fumble with the seatbelt. Apparently, the seatbelt wasn�t large enough to accommodate him. He called for the flight attendant as subtlety as possible and explained his situation. There was some discussion between them about how to work this out, and finally they decided on using one end from each of the seats and connecting them together to form one large seatbelt. It seemed to work alright and the flight attendant continued on. Mr. McFattypants, a touch embarrassed, did his best to become very interested in the airline shopping magazine that every plane has in the back of the seat.

Shortly before takeoff, the flight attendant announced that they were having some balancing trouble and they may need to ask some people to switch around seats to properly distribute weight in the craft. I had never heard of this before. It seems that in a small aircraft like that, it becomes very important to ensure that the aircraft�s weight is distributed as evenly as possible. I must admit, I wasn�t the only one who sensed what was coming.

The flight attendant asked a few people to switch seats and eventually came to Mr. McFattypants. She apologized and asked him if he could move just a few more rows closer to the back. He nodded and worked his way back a few rows.

The flight attendant returned to the front of the plane and a few minutes passed. She had a quick conversation with the crew in the flight deck and then returned to the rear of the plane and Mr. McFattypants. She once again apologized and asked if he could move over to the left side of the plane, in the row of single seats. He rose up and moved over to the other side with a worried look on his face. I believe we all realized that the single seat wasn�t going to work. Not to mention the fact that he had paid for two seats.

Predictably, the man just could not fit into the single seat. The armrests on the aisle side can not be folded up, so he tried to wedge himself in to no avail. At this point, Mr. McFattypants was very red and embarrassed. He stood in the aisle as the flight attendant returned to the flight deck. He cracked a few jokes about buying his 5 year old son a little toy plane like this one to go with his miniature Hummer power wheels vehicle. Several of the passengers chuckled with a forced laughter, doing their best to help him make light of the situation.

The flight attendant returned and informed him in a very loud voice that due to the weight distribution issues he would have to de-board the plane. She explained that the smaller aircraft was much more susceptible to turbulence and any improper balance could result in the crew losing control of the plane. Since the plane was full, and the fact that the right side of the plane already had more passengers than the left because of the seat layout, his weight prevented the plane from properly balancing. She explained that the airline would try to arrange another flight for him on a larger aircraft. This exchange was all said loud enough that I think the workers down on the tarmac could have heard it. I�m not sure if this was her way of making sure that everyone on the plane knew that the delay was not the airline�s fault, but Mr. McFattypants�s. Either way, every passenger began to feel this man�s embarrassment.

Mr. McFattypants asked a few questions, but never really got angry or lashed out at the flight attendant despite this total public humiliation. He collected up his small bag and did his best to work his way back up to the front of the plane without making eye contact with anyone. All of these events had carried on in total view of everyone on the plane. At first, the ordeal had been humorous to some, and I�m sure a few were figuring it was his own fault for being so large. But by this time, everyone felt sorry for Mr. McFattypants. No one wanted to see the man get humiliated like that. Many of the passengers were angry with the airline, wondering why they hadn�t quietly pulled him aside when the problem became apparent; or even better, informed him of a possible issue prior to boarding the plane. There was no need for the flight attendant to make this all as public as possible.

Mr. McFattypants opened our eyes to the sheer dangers that airliners face. The safety of millions of customers is at stake and this 450lb attempt at Gastro-Terrorism could not be allowed to succeed. Our world is now a safer place.

Catzsy
28-05-2009, 12:47 PM

With so many dangers to commercial airliners, airlines have had to spring into action to prevent these dangers from compromising the safety of the passengers as well as the crew. Truly sadistic devices of terror such as iPods, laptop computers, and scientific calculators are common on commercial flights and have to be tightly regulated by the flight crew, as their use could result in disaster.

Sadly, there is an even greater danger to the safety of an airplane; one I was not aware of until a recent flight I was on during my vacation. It would appear that fat people crash planes.

My flights are normally non-stop, taking me pretty far from home, so I have grown accustomed to the larger aircraft commonly used in most domestic travel. This was the first time that I found myself traveling in one of the smaller aircraft used for short range flights.

The aircraft was most likely a smaller variant of the Boeing 737 or something similar. We didn�t board by a jet way, but by portable steps out on the tarmac. Our carry-on bags had to be checked as their was very little room in the overhead compartments for anything much larger than a purse or small bag. The plane featured a row of single seats down the left hand side, and a row of double seats down the right (This will come into play later).

Our flight was full, these planes don�t hold very many, and we watched as more and more people boarded the plane. Towards the end of the boarding, a very large gentleman stepped onto the plane. The man was about 5�10� and appeared to be in the neighborhood of 450lbs. or more. He wasn�t morbidly obese, but he was a really large fellow. A few people did a double take as he stepped on to the plane. It�s not very often you see a large man like that on a tiny plane like this. We all learned his name later as the events unfolded, but for the sake of this retelling we�ll call him Mr. McFattypants.

Mr. McFattypants began to work his way back towards his seat with much difficulty. The aisles in an airplane are pretty small, but in this plane they felt smaller than normal. He struggled to work his way back walking sideways while several people generously leaned away from the aisle to give the gentleman room to pass. When he found his seat, he squeezed into the double seat and pulled up the armrest in the middle as he was going to need both seats. Obviously, Mr. McFattypants had been forced by the airlines to purchase both seats for himself due to his girth as this is standard procedure now with most airlines.

Once he was in his seat, he started to fumble with the seatbelt. Apparently, the seatbelt wasn�t large enough to accommodate him. He called for the flight attendant as subtlety as possible and explained his situation. There was some discussion between them about how to work this out, and finally they decided on using one end from each of the seats and connecting them together to form one large seatbelt. It seemed to work alright and the flight attendant continued on. Mr. McFattypants, a touch embarrassed, did his best to become very interested in the airline shopping magazine that every plane has in the back of the seat.

Shortly before takeoff, the flight attendant announced that they were having some balancing trouble and they may need to ask some people to switch around seats to properly distribute weight in the craft. I had never heard of this before. It seems that in a small aircraft like that, it becomes very important to ensure that the aircraft�s weight is distributed as evenly as possible. I must admit, I wasn�t the only one who sensed what was coming.

The flight attendant asked a few people to switch seats and eventually came to Mr. McFattypants. She apologized and asked him if he could move just a few more rows closer to the back. He nodded and worked his way back a few rows.

The flight attendant returned to the front of the plane and a few minutes passed. She had a quick conversation with the crew in the flight deck and then returned to the rear of the plane and Mr. McFattypants. She once again apologized and asked if he could move over to the left side of the plane, in the row of single seats. He rose up and moved over to the other side with a worried look on his face. I believe we all realized that the single seat wasn�t going to work. Not to mention the fact that he had paid for two seats.

Predictably, the man just could not fit into the single seat. The armrests on the aisle side can not be folded up, so he tried to wedge himself in to no avail. At this point, Mr. McFattypants was very red and embarrassed. He stood in the aisle as the flight attendant returned to the flight deck. He cracked a few jokes about buying his 5 year old son a little toy plane like this one to go with his miniature Hummer power wheels vehicle. Several of the passengers chuckled with a forced laughter, doing their best to help him make light of the situation.

The flight attendant returned and informed him in a very loud voice that due to the weight distribution issues he would have to de-board the plane. She explained that the smaller aircraft was much more susceptible to turbulence and any improper balance could result in the crew losing control of the plane. Since the plane was full, and the fact that the right side of the plane already had more passengers than the left because of the seat layout, his weight prevented the plane from properly balancing. She explained that the airline would try to arrange another flight for him on a larger aircraft. This exchange was all said loud enough that I think the workers down on the tarmac could have heard it. I�m not sure if this was her way of making sure that everyone on the plane knew that the delay was not the airline�s fault, but Mr. McFattypants�s. Either way, every passenger began to feel this man�s embarrassment.

Mr. McFattypants asked a few questions, but never really got angry or lashed out at the flight attendant despite this total public humiliation. He collected up his small bag and did his best to work his way back up to the front of the plane without making eye contact with anyone. All of these events had carried on in total view of everyone on the plane. At first, the ordeal had been humorous to some, and I�m sure a few were figuring it was his own fault for being so large. But by this time, everyone felt sorry for Mr. McFattypants. No one wanted to see the man get humiliated like that. Many of the passengers were angry with the airline, wondering why they hadn�t quietly pulled him aside when the problem became apparent; or even better, informed him of a possible issue prior to boarding the plane. There was no need for the flight attendant to make this all as public as possible.

Mr. McFattypants opened our eyes to the sheer dangers that airliners face. The safety of millions of customers is at stake and this 450lb attempt at Gastro-Terrorism could not be allowed to succeed. Our world is now a safer place.

1. It was a short haul aircraft which are very much smaller so not a good example I don't think

2. What's the source for this story?

To Adam, smoking is against the airline regulations and you can put the cigarettes in a bag. You can hardly do this with excess weight:S:S

Barmi
28-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I really do hate luggage restrictions, and I agree that £28 is lucky. But I'm with Catzy in that weighing before heading to the airport alleviates all that added stress.

As for the "fat tax"... I can't make my mind up on the matter. I have been thinking about it since I last took a flight in January, and I just can't get to a conclusion I'm happy with. It's a sensitive subject. While I see the point you're making Mint, I can't justify it right now. I need to think some more...

cocaine
28-05-2009, 02:14 PM

a smaller variant than a 737? you could be looking at an Embraer or a Gulfstream type aircraft - and obviously the smaller the aircraft, the easier it is to influence the weight balance.

tdi
29-05-2009, 12:27 AM
to implement the fat tax they should have a plastic garden chair and make people sit in it. if when they get up, the chair is still stuck to their arse then they should be made to pay, whilst all the while people in the queue get a laugh, shile shouting 'pay up, you fat ****!'

Andeeh
29-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Thats discrimination to fat people.

also if it was a skinny person on flight does that mean he gets money off?

GoldenMerc
29-05-2009, 01:16 AM

ye skinny discount.

Arch
29-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Well i heard theres an ugly tax coming up soon, so sorry Mint your gonna have to pay x40000

Listen to what your saying(typing) it makes zero sence. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean a thing, maybe people think your ugly does that give them the right to make you pay ?(and don't say its a terrible example, because what if your so ugly that u blind the pilot and everyone dies, yepp could be a major issue, ugly tax sounds about right.)

BTW this is all an example never seen a pic of Mint, so if hes ugly ma bad
was just the first thing that popped into my head. But yeah don't take any
offence just SAYING HOMIEE G DATS WASUP MA BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER DUN
MESS WIF DA BEST YEEE DOGGGGG

Trinity
29-05-2009, 02:16 AM

Yeah, the ticket price should be based on a persons weight + the weight of their luggage.
Fat/extremely muscular people should be charged more, if they don't like it, lose weight. To those of you that say they might have some sort of medical condition, if it's that serious they shouldn't be flying.
To be honest though, I don't actually think people should allowed to be fat. When I take over the world they will be forced to lose weight or be put down like the unhealthy animals that they are. I will make exceptions for slightly overweight people that don't moan about being overweight. I hate people that moan about being fat but are too lazy to do anything about it.

(and don't say its a terrible example, because what if your so ugly that u blind the pilot and everyone dies, yepp could be a major issue, ugly tax sounds about right.)

The pilot should be focusing on flying, not perving at the passengers :)

Arch
29-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah but if your soo ugly sometimes its hard to look away

Trinity
29-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Yeah but if your soo ugly sometimes its hard to look away

Ugliness can easily be hidden before take off.

Question, what if you bring lots of helium?

Arch
29-05-2009, 02:31 AM
There would be no helium because pirates arent aloud on planes silly goose.
but yeah i dunno ugliness may be hidden but some masks dont hide everything

Trinity
29-05-2009, 02:50 AM
There would be no helium because pirates arent aloud on planes silly goose.
but yeah i dunno ugliness may be hidden but some masks dont hide everything

I don't think that makes sense, silly goose.
Paper bags or a separated area of the plane for people with mashed faces.
The separated area can be filled with helium to make up for the fatty fat fatties and to make the ugly people talk funny.
Sorted.

Arch
29-05-2009, 02:59 AM
But whats 1+1?

Kangroo.

KK now were sorted.
(this isnt pointless, this has everything and anything to do with the subject. If you think otherwise id like a 4 page essay on why)

Mint
29-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Well i heard theres an ugly tax coming up soon, so sorry Mint your gonna have to pay x40000

Listen to what your saying(typing) it makes zero sence. Just because someone is fat doesn't mean a thing, maybe people think your ugly does that give them the right to make you pay ?(and don't say its a terrible example, because what if your so ugly that u blind the pilot and everyone dies, yepp could be a major issue, ugly tax sounds about right.)

BTW this is all an example never seen a pic of Mint, so if hes ugly ma bad
was just the first thing that popped into my head. But yeah don't take any
offence just SAYING HOMIEE G DATS WASUP MA BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER DUN
MESS WIF DA BEST YEEE DOGGGGG
Ugliness wouldn't be endangering the lives of other people though m8.

Arch
29-05-2009, 07:41 PM
as i said before you might be so ugly you blind the captain.

Axel
29-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Some people can't help being fat... you're argueing a really stupid point. Maybe your parents need to trim down their luggage.

Trinity
29-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Some people can't help being fat... you're argueing a really stupid point. Maybe your parents need to trim down their luggage.

Example of a situation where a person can't help being fat?
Clearly they have plenty of money to buy food, so they should be able to afford to pay a bit more to fly.

Catzsy
29-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Example of a situation where a person can't help being fat?
Clearly they have plenty of money to buy food, so they should be able to afford to pay a bit more to fly.

There you go :

Hormonal causes
–Associated with poor linear growth
–Hypercortisolism: Cushing syndrome is any type of glucocorticoid excess (endogenous or exogenous); Cushing disease describes pituitary ACTH overproduction
–Hypothyroidism
–Growth hormone deficiency
Insulinoma
Hypothalamic obesity
–Tumors (e.g., craniopharyngiomas)
–Following neurosurgery or irradiation
–Head trauma
–Infiltrative/inflammatory
Genetic syndromes
–Prader-Willi syndrome
–Laurence-Moon-Bardet-Biedl syndrome
–Alström syndrome
–Cohen syndrome
–Down syndrome
–Carpenter syndrome
–Grebe syndrome
–Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome
Defects in metabolic/eating regulatory pathways is an area of intense investigation; multiple mutations are theoretically possible, but only a few have actually been discovered in humans
–Congenital leptin deficiency (extremely rare)
–Leptin resistance (more common than deficiency)
Drugs
–Chronic glucocorticoids
–Neuropsychotropic medications
Adiposogenital dystrophy syndrome

Axel
29-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe they have the money, but it doesn't stop it from being discrimination.

Nick.
29-05-2009, 08:13 PM
http://yourargumentisinvalid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/simon_is_my_moustache.jpg

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts.

Trinity
29-05-2009, 08:31 PM
There you go :

Hormonal causes
–Associated with poor linear growth
–Hypercortisolism: Cushing syndrome is any type of glucocorticoid excess (endogenous or exogenous); Cushing disease describes pituitary ACTH overproduction
–Hypothyroidism
–Growth hormone deficiency
Insulinoma
Hypothalamic obesity
–Tumors (e.g., craniopharyngiomas)
–Following neurosurgery or irradiation
–Head trauma
–Infiltrative/inflammatory
Genetic syndromes
–Prader-Willi syndrome
–Laurence-Moon-Bardet-Biedl syndrome
–Alström syndrome
–Cohen syndrome
–Down syndrome
–Carpenter syndrome
–Grebe syndrome
–Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome
Defects in metabolic/eating regulatory pathways is an area of intense investigation; multiple mutations are theoretically possible, but only a few have actually been discovered in humans
–Congenital leptin deficiency (extremely rare)
–Leptin resistance (more common than deficiency)
Drugs
–Chronic glucocorticoids
–Neuropsychotropic medications
Adiposogenital dystrophy syndrome

Many of those can be easily erm.. I forgot the word. Sort of like, dealt with, but it sounded so much more awesome. Obviously many of the conditions can't be so easily dealt with, but the weight side of it can.

Maybe they have the money, but it doesn't stop it from being discrimination.

Yes, some people would call it discrimination, but if that's what it takes to make them lose weight then I see no problem. It costs the airline more money (not a huge amount, but still) to carry the extra weight, so they should charge the fatty fat fatties a bit more than thin people.
I'm not saying it should be a huge amount, just enough to compensate slightly for the extra weight.

Arch
29-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Well in that case, i guess black people should paymore aswell:rolleyes:

Trinity
29-05-2009, 10:03 PM

I would love to see your logic behind this.

xPrecedent
29-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I agree.

Caution
29-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't want to sit next to a fat person(ah typing this i feel so ignorant) that was getting in my way if you see what i mean. If they don't have any condition like any that Catszy posted, then they should possibly have to imo.
They should have a bit at the back for them. I wouldn't get on a plane that had, erm, well.. one of them on it. jkn ofc, don't infract.

Lost
29-05-2009, 10:33 PM
They just shouldn't be allowed on a plane if they're majorly fat.

yeah you're right, they should just get stuck on some kind of ship in a cage... :rolleyes:

Catzsy
29-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Many of those can be easily erm.. I forgot the word. Sort of like, dealt with, but it sounded so much more awesome. Obviously many of the conditions can't be so easily dealt with, but the weight side of it can.

Yes, some people would call it discrimination, but if that's what it takes to make them lose weight then I see no problem. It costs the airline more money (not a huge amount, but still) to carry the extra weight, so they should charge the fatty fat fatties a bit more than thin people.
I'm not saying it should be a huge amount, just enough to compensate slightly for the extra weight.

Sorry? Are you a doctor in clinical obesity and the causes of it. These conditions cause weight gain as part of the clinical problem. This post is discriminatory and why say 'fatty fat fatties'? What does that achieve? Its the luggage that has to be weighed strictly as it goes in the hold and there is a weight limit in the hold - that is why the luggage is weighed and the people aren't. You'll be saying next that people with anorexia should pay half fare. :P

Caution
29-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry? Are you a doctor in clinical obesity and the causes of it. These conditions cause weight gain as part of the clinical problem. This post is discriminatory and why say 'fatty fat fatties'? What does that achieve? Its the luggage that has to be weighed strictly as it goes in the hold and there is a weight limit in the hold - that is why the luggage is weighed and the people aren't. You'll be saying next that people with anorexia should pay half fare. :P
It'd encourage slimming. :P

Trinity
29-05-2009, 11:21 PM

Nope, and nothing in my post is anything more than common knowledge, so the doctor comment was entirely unnecessary.

Would you have the same problem if I'd said 'thinny thin thinnies'?

There is also a weight limit in the plane, and every extra bit of weight means more fuel is required, meaning it costs the airline more. That probably isn't a huge problem though as planes always carry more fuel than is needed (I think). In my opinion, there should be a weight limit for people just like there is for luggage. I'm not just talking about fat people, I'm also talking about extremely muscular people. I know some airlines already charge extremely fat people for 2 seats, but I've never heard of them doing it for people who are heavy due to muscles.

And no, anorexic people should be in a mental hospital/too busy trying to overcome their condition so they shouldn't be flying anyway.

This thread has gone on for far too long.

Arch
30-05-2009, 04:32 AM
What if the anorexic people are flying to go to a really good hospital
then they'd have to fly
anyways yeah i win
your all being weightist
and OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA
kk?

Trinity
30-05-2009, 05:06 AM
What if the anorexic people are flying to go to a really good hospital
then they'd have to fly
anyways yeah i win
your all being weightist
and OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA
kk?

I knew someone would say that.
They'd just get eaten by the fat people though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqXX6kuk_XQ
kk.

HD-Christopher
30-05-2009, 05:18 AM
All of you guys are rude, (for who ever said fat people need to be charged extra) That is discrimination towards fat people.

Some times its not there fault.

And about 30% of the US population is fat.

(I belive that is the correct %) kinda tired and can't think.

Mint
30-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Nope, and nothing in my post is anything more than common knowledge, so the doctor comment was entirely unnecessary.

There is also a weight limit in the plane, and every extra bit of weight means more fuel is required, meaning it costs the airline more. That probably isn't a huge problem though as planes always carry more fuel than is needed (I think). In my opinion, there should be a weight limit for people just like there is for luggage. I'm not just talking about fat people, I'm also talking about extremely muscular people. I know some airlines already charge extremely fat people for 2 seats, but I've never heard of them doing it for people who are heavy due to muscles.

And no, anorexic people should be in a mental hospital/too busy trying to overcome their condition so they shouldn't be flying anyway.

Even so, the plane would have to use more fuel than required to carry the extra weight of the fat people. Meaning that the airline will be spending more money on fuel than they should be doing.

Andeeh
30-05-2009, 12:23 PM
well maybe if people took the correct weight luggage then people wouldnt get discriminated.

Mint
30-05-2009, 12:37 PM
well maybe if people took the correct weight luggage then people wouldnt get discriminated.

Exactly, people don't need to get so obese. If they didn't eat so much then they wouldn't have to be discriminated. And why should normal people be limited to what weight they take when fat people can just go on planes taking as much weight as they want? :S

Catzsy
30-05-2009, 12:59 PM

'Common' knowledge is not always correct and before making subjective comments I would suggest that you at least have some valid evidence to support what you have said. 'thinny thin thinnies'?Yes I would have the same problem as it is totally unecessary but I would guess that you would never make this comment anyway.

This was discussed earlier in the thread and I think you will find if somebody does need room for two seats then they have to pay for them.

This is seriously another subjective and very uninformed comment IMO - lots of people all over the world suffer from anorexia without having to be committed to a mental hospital or being barred from flying. :S There are no rules as far as I know stating how long a thread should be.

Exactly, people don't need to get so obese. If they didn't eat so much then they wouldn't have to be discriminated. And why should normal people be limited to what weight they take when fat people can just go on planes taking as much weight as they want? :S

Mint, have you actually read all the posts in the thread? There are numerous
medical conditions as well as overeating that cause people to be obese that have been listed. My nan suffers from edema which causes a lot of fluid retention so her arms and legs swell up. This is a weight gain that she cannot help because of heart and thyroid problems. She is one of the people that you would complain about at the airport as she looks pretty obese through no fault of her own as unfortunately despite doctors' trying cannot be cured.

Trinity
30-05-2009, 01:50 PM
'Common' knowledge is not always correct and before making subjective comments I would suggest that you at least have some valid evidence to support what you have said. 'thinny thin thinnies'?Yes I would have the same problem as it is totally unecessary but I would guess that you would never make this comment anyway.

You're right, I would never make that comment. It just doesn't sound as good as 'fatty fat fatties'. I will work on coming up with a more attractive name.

This was discussed earlier in the thread and I think you will find if somebody does need room for two seats then they have to pay for them.

I know they do, well done for repeating what I said.
NEW QUESTION. People are ok with fatties being charged extra for their size, but not for their weight. Why? They're both pretty similar, they need to pay for an extra seat because they can't fly safely and comfortably without it, they should pay for the extra fuel because they can't fly safely without it.
I'm very tired though, so there may be some massive holes in that question.

This is seriously another subjective and very uninformed comment IMO - lots of people all over the world suffer from anorexia without having to be committed to a mental hospital or being barred from flying. :S There are no rules as far as I know stating how long a thread should be.

Yeah, that last bit wasn't serious. You're also just being picky now.

I have a dream, a dream where people over a certain weight get charged extra. Everybody up to a certain weight gets one price, people over that weight (extremely obese, like wobble when they walk obese) get charged a little bit extra. And get banned from eating on the plane.

I'm quite liking this discussion. I'm also still interested in the helium idea.

Edit: @Arch (your comment before you edited) I'm not saying people should hate fat people, just that they should pay for the extra fuel that will be used. It costs the airline more which they then make up for by charging thin people even more.

Arch
30-05-2009, 01:52 PM
nah nah nah catzsy wins tbh

Catzsy
30-05-2009, 02:19 PM
You're right, I would never make that comment. It just doesn't sound as good as 'fatty fat fatties'. I will work on coming up with a more attractive name.

I know they do, well done for repeating what I said.
NEW QUESTION. People are ok with fatties being charged extra for their size, but not for their weight. Why? They're both pretty similar, they need to pay for an extra seat because they can't fly safely and comfortably without it, they should pay for the extra fuel because they can't fly safely without it.
I'm very tired though, so there may be some massive holes in that question.

Yeah, that last bit wasn't serious. You're also just being picky now.

I have a dream, a dream where people over a certain weight get charged extra. Everybody up to a certain weight gets one price, people over that weight (extremely obese, like wobble when they walk obese) get charged a little bit extra. And get banned from eating on the plane.

I'm quite liking this discussion. I'm also still interested in the helium idea.

Edit: @Arch (your comment before you edited) I'm not saying people should hate fat people, just that they should pay for the extra fuel that will be used. It costs the airline more which they then make up for by charging thin people even more.

Well I certainly look forward to your more attractive name for 'fatty fat fatties' - it should be quite interesting.

If people take up two seats I would think it is inevitable that they would weigh more. Wouldn't they?

If you weren't being serious about the anorexia matter then this emoticon
is quite suitable:P

Let's hope your dreams never become reality.:P

While we are on the subject are you also in favour of an airline 'tax' on wheelchairs? I think they weigh quite a lot. The same could be said for hospital beds and oxygen equipment etc for ill/injured people being transported back.
Your argument is very flawed. Sorry. :(

Trinity
30-05-2009, 08:10 PM
If people take up two seats I would think it is inevitable that they would weigh more. Wouldn't they?

What about the people that only take up one seat but weigh 3 times as much as a normal person?

While we are on the subject are you also in favour of an airline 'tax' on wheelchairs? I think they weigh quite a lot. The same could be said for hospital beds and oxygen equipment etc for ill/injured people being transported back.
Your argument is very flawed. Sorry. :(

I wrote an awesome response here, but Firefox died, so I shall write a shorter reply.
Weight is something that can be easily changed if they don't like being charged extra. Spinal injuries etc. are slightly more difficult.

I like you.

Arch
30-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Weight isnt easily changed unless you pay or something

if you added 200 pounds to ur self would take awhile to lose it

I like you too.

Trinity
30-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Weight isnt easily changed unless you pay or something

if you added 200 pounds to ur self would take awhile to lose it

I like you too.

It is though, eat healthily, exercise often.

I love you.

Mint
31-05-2009, 01:47 AM

Mint, have you actually read all the posts in the thread? There are numerous
medical conditions as well as overeating that cause people to be obese that have been listed. My nan suffers from edema which causes a lot of fluid retention so her arms and legs swell up. This is a weight gain that she cannot help because of heart and thyroid problems. She is one of the people that you would complain about at the airport as she looks pretty obese through no fault of her own as unfortunately despite doctors' trying cannot be cured.
I understand that there are many medical conditions that can cause obesity so it would be very ignorant of me to say that all obese people eat loads and it is their fault that they have become obese. But the majority of obese people have become obese due to their eating habits or lack of exercise. This is why obese people with medical conditions should continue to enjoy the luxury of not having to pay for their extra weight.

cocaine
31-05-2009, 08:40 AM

the threads only gone too far because your ridiculous logic is doing so :S

i quote from you
"Clearly they have plenty of money to buy food, so they should be able to afford to pay a bit more to fly. "

going by this logic then, surely with the excess luggage, this could only mean that the people have plenty of money to buy clothes? so surely they should be able to easily afford the excess luggage cost :rolleyes:

-Liam
31-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Fat people don't choose to be fat. Your parents clearly chose to take too much luggage. I always weigh my luggage before because i've been charged before. I think you should stop being a **** and get on with the fact that everyone is different.

eight
31-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Fat people don't choose to be fat. Your parents clearly chose to take too much luggage. I always weigh my luggage before because i've been charged before. I think you should stop being a **** and get on with the fact that everyone is different.

fat people do choose to be fat?

Trinity
31-05-2009, 08:53 PM

They do choose to be fat. They sit around eating too much and not doing enough exercise. Obviously people with certain illnesses don't have as much control over their weight, but most people could easily change it if they weren't so lazy.

The solution to all of this is to eat all of your luggage, then you can take as much as you want without paying extra.

Mint
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM

Correct, fat people do not choose to be fat, it's just a consequence for eating to much/being lazy. As I have already said, my parents did weigh the luggage before they went, they forgot about the water so had to buy it on the way to the airport. I think you should stop being so biased against fat people and accept that some people eat to much and are lazy and some people aren't.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!