PDA

View Full Version : Screen Burn

Luke
26-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Hii

I've got a 42" Panasonic Viera (or something like that lol).
And tomorrow, i want to play my PS3 on it (just tomorrow :P)

Would it be ok, cause i've heard playing PS3's with stuff like HUD displays (i'll probs play COD4) "burns the screen". Never been too sure.

Thanks
Luke

eight
26-05-2009, 08:47 PM
yeah my old screen went up in flames :(

GoldenMerc
26-05-2009, 09:03 PM
The health bar ect may burn onto the screen but depends how long you play the ps3 for, if you play it for about 6 hours you may have a health bar for a while :P

Verrou
26-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Just switch the TV off every 2 hours for about 30 mins, that will prevent screen burn.

Recursion
26-05-2009, 10:15 PM
It only happens on Plasmas and if it does burn in after like 6 hours of playing it'll go away after a couple of hours watching TV

Jin
27-05-2009, 12:14 AM
It only happens on Plasmas

Happens to near enough every display that the whole point of a "screen saver", to prevent screen burn. I am not sure exactly how long you must play to burn an image but I would take a break every hour for 15 mins and turn the display off.

Why? because you should only look at a screen continuously for 1 hour before taking a 15 min break so that 15 min would probably be a good time to let your tv rest

Luke
27-05-2009, 06:23 AM
thanks guys!

Recursion
27-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Happens to near enough every display that the whole point of a "screen saver", to prevent screen burn. I am not sure exactly how long you must play to burn an image but I would take a break every hour for 15 mins and turn the display off.

Why? because you should only look at a screen continuously for 1 hour before taking a 15 min break so that 15 min would probably be a good time to let your tv rest

Yeah but generally Plasmas are the most susceptible to screen burn, LCDs and CRTs generally have no problems with it, hell im surprised I haven't managed to burn an imprint of the Vista task bar into my monitor yet.

Metric1
28-05-2009, 11:00 PM

Agreed. The security monitor at my house is a CRT and the image is burned in the screen. I can turn it off and it will still look like it's on!

lick
28-05-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah my old screen went up in flames :(

i dont think he meant that lol i think he ment the image burning into the screen ingnore this if were being sarcastic

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!