PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV + PC?

BeanEgg
27-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I received GTA, but it is incredibly slow, and there's no textures and it's pretty much blue, since there's no textures.

My spec are as follows; http://i39.tinypic.com/20u30if.png (CLICK TO VIEW)
This also tells me what I need, but I don't know what will be useful for my PC.

Could someone guide me on to improving performance?

I have a Packard Bell IMEDIA D2315 AIO (http://support.packardbell.com/uk/it...0135601&g=1400)

I don't know what graphics card to get, is it integrated (or not) or the type of motherboard, so could someone help me please?

Thanks a lot!

Technologic
27-05-2009, 10:18 AM
GTA requires a ridiculously high spec pc to run well. I'm afraid to say your PC is no way near what is required for that... And what is required will cost you at least £600

BeanEgg
27-05-2009, 10:23 AM
GTA requires a ridiculously high spec pc to run well. I'm afraid to say your PC is no way near what is required for that... And what is required will cost you at least £600

Time to return back to Amazon. :(

Tomm
27-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I can't even get it to work properly on my Q6600 and 8800GT setup on the lowest possible settings... >.>

Flisker
27-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Mine is JUST about on high settings with the following specs:

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

I get about 60fps

Jayke
27-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Buy a 360, play it on your computer monitor, or on a monitor next to your computer. You can do both at once :).

+

Cheaper.

BeanEgg
27-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Buy a 360, play it on your computer monitor, or on a monitor next to your computer. You can do both at once :).

+

Cheaper.

I have a 32" next to my PC. ;P

I think I'll get a 360, know any hot deals atm?

Recursion
27-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I say get it on PS3 but whatever LOL

BeanEgg
27-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I say get it on PS3 but whatever LOL

To be honest, I don't know what to get. LOL

Some people say XBox whereas some people say PS3. PS3's expensive however has the network thing for free which is better.

Give me the pros and cons and I'll decide. :P

Recursion
27-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Since i've had my PS3 my 360 has been sitting doing **** all and infact I canceled my XBL subscription now too LOL

Technologic
27-05-2009, 04:41 PM
both are good, i got it on PS3.

tawm whats your psn?

Jordy
27-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Let me make this decision easy for you :P

Do you have a HD television?
No - Get an xbox 360
Yes - Continue to the next question

Do you want to watch Blu-Ray movies?
No - Get an xbox 360
Yes - Get a PS3

Online play is considered better on the Xbox 360 usually as more people have microphones and there's a lot more people usually playing the games.

And the other factors are exclusive games, Xbox 360 has the likes of the Halo 3, Gears of War 1 & 2, Forza 2, exclusive GTA IV DLC meanwhile the PS3 has things like Gran Turismo 5 (Soon), Metal Gears Solid 4, Killzone.

Recursion
27-05-2009, 05:07 PM
both are good, i got it on PS3.

tawm whats your psn?

TFerg006 - add me :P

Let me make this decision easy for you :P

Do you have a HD television?
No - Get an xbox 360
Yes - Continue to the next question

Do you want to watch Blu-Ray movies?
No - Get an xbox 360
Yes - Get a PS3

Online play is considered better on the Xbox 360 usually as more people have microphones and there's a lot more people usually playing the games.

And the other factors are exclusive games, Xbox 360 has the likes of the Halo 3, Gears of War 1 & 2, Forza 2, exclusive GTA IV DLC meanwhile the PS3 has things like Gran Turismo 5 (Soon), Metal Gears Solid 4, Killzone.

GT5 outdoes Forza 2 and any GTA IV DLC on its own. xD

BeanEgg
27-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I won't be playing loads of games on the Xbox so I might the arcade one, is the only difference its Hard drive space compared to the others?

N!ck
27-05-2009, 06:18 PM
TFerg006 - add me :P

GT5 outdoes Forza 2 and any GTA IV DLC on its own. xD

GT5 will be worth a PS3 on it's own :P.

Jordy
27-05-2009, 06:31 PM
I won't be playing loads of games on the Xbox so I might the arcade one, is the only difference its Hard drive space compared to the others?Yeah, bare in mind with the arcade console you don't even get a HDD, just a 256mb memory unit which can hold saves files and a few arcade games. If you want any decent DLC it's pretty much all 800mb+ so I wouldn't advise getting one. But you can always buy a HDD individually if you want one.

You also don't get a microphone, ethernet cable, 1 month free to Xbox Live and a HD cable like you do with the Premium and Elite.

Recursion
27-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Thats another thing, the 360s HDDs are so god damn expensive, with the PS3 you can buy any old 2.5" drive for cheaps and shove it in.

Luke
28-05-2009, 08:34 AM
GT5 has top gear test track :D:D:D:D:D

Also, to compare a 360 to Ps3 (such as online, HDD, wireless etc), you end up paying more for the 360 than the PS3.

Luke

BeanEgg
28-05-2009, 08:50 AM
GT5 has top gear test track :D:D:D:D:D

Also, to compare a 360 to Ps3 (such as online, HDD, wireless etc), you end up paying more for the 360 than the PS3.

Luke
Back to considering a 360. :P

Which is more likely to break before? I've heard many stories that people have to send their ps3s and xboxs back to sony and micro soft because they have issues?

Luke
28-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Back to considering a 360. :P

Which is more likely to break before? I've heard many stories that people have to send their ps3s and xboxs back to sony and micro soft because they have issues?

360 has it's own wiki page on all the fonts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

PS3 doesn't xD
Usually, the most common thing that goes wrong with PS3, is HDD failure, but there's like (from a source) "0.01% chance of that happening"

And if it's a HDD failure, you just replace the HDD, unlike the 360 where it's literally "fried" LOL

BeanEgg
28-05-2009, 09:58 AM
I think I'll get a Premium. The old premium doesn't have a HDMI slot but the new premium does?

Could anyone guide me to some decent promotions? Thanks!

Jordy
28-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I think I'll get a Premium. The old premium doesn't have a HDMI slot but the new premium does?

Could anyone guide me to some decent promotions? Thanks!Not really sure on promotions but trying checking out the usual online outlets, Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, Shopto.net and the likes of Game, Gamestation and Argos.

360 has it's own wiki page on all the fonts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

PS3 doesn't xD
Usually, the most common thing that goes wrong with PS3, is HDD failure, but there's like (from a source) "0.01% chance of that happening"

And if it's a HDD failure, you just replace the HDD, unlike the 360 where it's literally "fried" LOLXbox 360 HDD failures are incredibly rare, I believe they do go wrong but I'm yet to hear of a case and it's not got a section for it on the Wiki page so I wouldn't worry about the HDD. I myself know three PS3 owners who have had HDD problems. Xbox 360 problems are fairly common but you get a three year warranty so it's all okay (Longer than the PS3s warranty). Xbox 360 problems are also becoming less common these days it was reported recently as they're using better components.

As for Xbox 360's costing as much that's all nonsense, the typical price for an Xbox 360 Premium is £160 and the typical price for a PS3 is £290.

£35-40 for an Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor
£35 for 1 years membership to Xbox Live.

Still only up to £235, saving around £55.

BeanEgg
28-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I might buy this one shortly; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Console-Hard-Drive/dp/B001DTD0WM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

So this was manufactured in August which means its good as Microsoft had sorted some problems out.

What else has been sorted out during this time?

Recursion
28-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Nevermind LOL

Jam-ez
28-05-2009, 12:51 PM
As for Xbox 360's costing as much that's all nonsense, the typical price for an Xbox 360 Premium is £160 and the typical price for a PS3 is £290.

£35-40 for an Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor
£35 for 1 years membership to Xbox Live.

Still only up to £235, saving around £55.

The only flaw here, however, is that if you want to play online you have to continuously pay. So after 3 months of xbox live, you've toppled the PS3 price, and that just keeps getting higher.

Recursion
28-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Don't forget you also don't get an 80GB, upgradable, drive, which for the £290 PS3, you do.

With the PS3 the DVD remote uses Bluetooth, you have Home, you aren't limited to one media device when your streaming, you just switch seamlessly, you have Blu-Ray, can install Linux etc.

Ever since I got a PS3 this Christmas my 360 has been turned on about twice and Im going to ebay it when I can find a box.

Technologic
28-05-2009, 04:18 PM
I'll buy it tom

Wolverhampton
28-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Thats another thing, the 360s HDDs are so god damn expensive, with the PS3 you can buy any old 2.5" drive for cheaps and shove it in.

Don't forget you also don't get an 80GB, upgradable, drive, which for the £290 PS3, you do.

With the PS3 the DVD remote uses Bluetooth, you have Home, you aren't limited to one media device when your streaming, you just switch seamlessly, you have Blu-Ray, can install Linux etc.

Ever since I got a PS3 this Christmas my 360 has been turned on about twice and Im going to ebay it when I can find a box.

Flawed. Can you flash PS3's to play copied games? eh no.

You will end up paying £40 per game for a PS3. Where as if you get an Xbox 360 and flash it, just buy a 20 pack of dual layer discs for £10, download the games you want, burn em to disc, done. This way you get 20 games for the price of £10. Another advantage of this is if you get a PS3, and you don't like the game, you loose that £40-£50? where as when you have an Xbox, you can flash it yourself, and you don't lose any money if you don't like the game.

Also off Ebay you can get three months worth of Xbox live for £12, or a years worth for £32. I'd rather pay the money and have a quality gaming experience online, than have a free service which is sluggish and crap. Btw I speak from experience as I have an 360 and my brother has PS3 and my brother is always on my console.

360 all the way.

Recursion
28-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Flawed. Can you flash PS3's to play copied games? eh no.

You will end up paying £40 per game for a PS3. Where as if you get an Xbox 360 and flash it, just buy a 20 pack of dual layer discs for £10, download the games you want, burn em to disc, done. This way you get 20 games for the price of £10. Another advantage of this is if you get a PS3, and you don't like the game, you loose that £40-£50? where as when you have an Xbox, you can flash it yourself, and you don't lose any money if you don't like the game.

Also off Ebay you can get three months worth of Xbox live for £12, or a years worth for £32. I'd rather pay the money and have a quality gaming experience online, than have a free service which is sluggish and crap. Btw I speak from experience as I have an 360 and my brother has PS3 and my brother is always on my console.

360 all the way.

And how many average users flash their consoles? I didn't flash my 360 because theres a huge risk of being banned from Xbox Live, even when you are extremely careful you'll **** up somewhere eventually so actually, for the average console user your plan is flawed. And if you don't like the game? You just take it back as you would with any other console game. I don't bother downloading huge games, for one thing im far too lazy as get a lot more satisfaction out of saving and buying the game (unless its the Wii, I used to homebrew that and copy my mate's games but I don't do that anymore).

Explain how the 360 online is any better to be quite frank, its not slugish and crap for me at all? I can load up COD5 and be in a game within seconds. For me it was the otherway round, whenever I went round my bro's house I would always be on his PS3, thats what made me get my own.

I have to wonder if your stalking me around this forum to try and cause arguments.

Wolverhampton
28-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Tbh I can't be arsed to read your essay, but it's pretty easy not getting banned off live, and simple - don't play games before they come out, that way you can't get banned.

/thread.

Recursion
28-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Tbh I can't be arsed to read your essay, but it's pretty easy not getting banned off live, and simple - don't play games before they come out, that way you can't get banned.

/thread.

You don't say when a thread finishes im afraid.

Obviously you did read my post because you responded, and if you thought my post was an essay you should take/retake GCSE English.

Robbie
31-05-2009, 09:36 AM
It's pretty easy to avoid the banhammer. Use ABGX (www.abgx360.net) to check your isos and dont play games early.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 10:01 AM
You don't say when a thread finishes im afraid.

Obviously you did read my post because you responded, and if you thought my post was an essay you should take/retake GCSE English.

Ill take your advice into consideration next week when I'm taking my higher GCSE language test, I wish you would have gave me your infinite wisdom a couple of weeks ago when I took my higher GCSE Literature? :rolleyes::O

Yet again...

FLAWED.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 11:23 AM
To the person -rep'd me for being ''rude'', can I please bring to your attention that; stating the truth, is not rude.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post.

Oleh
31-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Explain how the 360 online is any better to be quite frank, its not slugish and crap for me at all? I can load up COD5 and be in a game within seconds. For me it was the otherway round, whenever I went round my bro's house I would always be on his PS3, thats what made me get my own.

I have to wonder if your stalking me around this forum to try and cause arguments.

For the £30-40 a year your paying for xbox live (£3 or so a month) you get better quality of service such as Party chat,Very quick very stable matchmaking, Easily navigatable menus,Better ambiance online

I tryed cod4 and cod5 on my ps3 other day when my mate was round, took me more than 2 minutes to get into a game, dont say its my internet because the xbox is around 15-20 seconds, i played roughly 5-10 games all seperate as i left the lobbie after each one and out of the 30-40 people i played with, about 7 had headsets and only one spoke and it was to say hes gonna "own" everyone

I must be lucky or something because in the 4 years i have had my 360 Core ive not had any problems, neither had my cousin, and we play on them nearly everyday, My arcade hasnt had any problems either, i am sure my Resident evil 5 Elite wont have any problems when it comes to my birthday

Luke
31-05-2009, 06:23 PM
For the £30-40 a year your paying for xbox live (£3 or so a month) you get better quality of service such as Party chat,Very quick very stable matchmaking, Easily navigatable menus,Better ambiance online

I tryed cod4 and cod5 on my ps3 other day when my mate was round, took me more than 2 minutes to get into a game, dont say its my internet because the xbox is around 15-20 seconds, i played roughly 5-10 games all seperate as i left the lobbie after each one and out of the 30-40 people i played with, about 7 had headsets and only one spoke and it was to say hes gonna "own" everyone

I must be lucky or something because in the 4 years i have had my 360 Core ive not had any problems, neither had my cousin, and we play on them nearly everyday, My arcade hasnt had any problems either, i am sure my Resident evil 5 Elite wont have any problems when it comes to my birthday

That's weird, because mine takes 7 seconds from lobby to deathmatch..
Stop saying it's better online, because that doesn't make the console any better.. Just because it loads faster doesn't mean it's necessarily better, cause it's most likely worse graphics.

Jordy
31-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Stop saying it's better online, because that doesn't make the console any better.. Just because it loads faster doesn't mean it's necessarily better, cause it's most likely worse graphics.What absolute nonsense. Not only is it pedantic by correcting him by saying '7 seconds' (Did you get out the stopwatch pfft? And it would have to be an average anyway).

Online play does make a console better/worse. I'm not saying Xbox Live is better (IMO it is but that's not my point) but online play is a huge factor when comparing consoles.

And so what if the graphics are better (I'm not getting into this debate either), the whole point of having this comparison of consoles is to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Stop saying it's better online, because that doesn't make the console any better.. Just because it loads faster doesn't mean it's necessarily better, cause it's most likely worse graphics.

Console gaming online is the way forward.

Luke
31-05-2009, 07:58 PM
What absolute nonsense. Not only is it pedantic by correcting him by saying '7 seconds' (Did you get out the stopwatch pfft? And it would have to be an average anyway).

Online play does make a console better/worse. I'm not saying Xbox Live is better (IMO it is but that's not my point) but online play is a huge factor when comparing consoles.

And so what if the graphics are better (I'm not getting into this debate either), the whole point of having this comparison of consoles is to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages.

Name some advantages.

Console gaming online is the way forward.

Paying for it isn't.

Jordy
31-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Name some advantages.Read the thread.

Luke
31-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I fail to see any that can "beat" it

Jordy
31-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I fail to see any that can "beat" itWhat on Earth are you on about? There is not a 'best console' so obviously they cannot 'beat' each other, like I said there's advantages and disadvantages to both and it comes down to opinion and needs.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 08:14 PM
360 has more pro's than the PS3 does...

Luke
31-05-2009, 08:19 PM
What on Earth are you on about? There is not a 'best console' so obviously they cannot 'beat' each other, like I said there's advantages and disadvantages to both and it comes down to opinion and needs.

fair doos, bot have their good points imo.

360 has more pro's than the PS3 does...

When you can proove it, i'll believe you.

N!ck
31-05-2009, 08:22 PM
PS3 is better in everything other than 360 specific games, online functionality and price. For everything else they are either equal or PS3 wins.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 08:34 PM
PS3 is better in everything other than 360 specific games, online functionality and price. For everything else they are either equal or PS3 wins.

You named three good things that the 360 has over the PS3, but nothing for the PS3 over the 360?

Just ''everything'' else is better.

Hmm. :rolleyes:

N!ck
31-05-2009, 09:21 PM
You named three good things that the 360 has over the PS3, but nothing for the PS3 over the 360?

Just ''everything'' else is better.

Hmm. :rolleyes:

PS3 advantages over 360:

PS3 specific games (Gran Turismo FTW)
Upgradable HDD (any laptop 2.5" drive, not just "Xbox" drives like for the 360)
Built in WiFi
Free online
Run Linux on it (Folding@Home on it)
Blu-Ray Player
Higher spec hardware
6-axis thingy (It's a gimmick, but still a feature over the 360)

Much more advantages over the 360 than the 360 has over it. One one of the advantages (console specific games) was the same for each anyway.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 09:49 PM
PS3 advantages over 360:

PS3 specific games (Gran Turismo FTW)
Upgradable HDD (any laptop 2.5" drive, not just "Xbox" drives like for the 360)
Built in WiFi
Free online
Run Linux on it (Folding@Home on it)
Blu-Ray Player
Higher spec hardware
6-axis thingy (It's a gimmick, but still a feature over the 360)

Much more advantages over the 360 than the 360 has over it. One one of the advantages (console specific games) was the same for each anyway.

Hmm, you said this earlier?

Thought you said an advantage that the 360 had OVER the PS3, was it's exclusive games? functionality? and price? yes you can buy a wifi dongle, pay for the online features, and if you bought the 360 WITH ALL these it would still add up to a price which would still be LESS than what it would be to buy a PS3, so you have contradicted yourself COMPLETELY right their.

Woop you can have Linux on it, fun, woop you have a 6-axis thing which you even said was a 'gimmick' - and you say that you have a "higher sped" how can this be the case when you can't really compare the two as they are both completely different (PS3 Blu-ray, 360 HD/DVD.) The only thing which I agree with you on is that Blu-Ray is a better than DVD/HD.

Tomm
31-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Well considering HD-DVD is discontinued then i'd say that the PS3 has a huge advantage over the 360 when it comes to movies and storage medium.

Anyway, PC gaming ftw ;D

Thought you said an advantage that the 360 had OVER the PS3, was it's exclusive games? functionality? and price? yes you can buy a wifi dongle, pay for the online features, and if you bought the 360 WITH ALL these it would still add up to a price which would still be LESS than what it would be to buy a PS3, so you have contradicted yourself COMPLETELY right their.

Woop you can have Linux on it, fun, woop you have a 6-axis thing which you even said was a 'gimmick' - and you say that you have a "higher sped" how can this be the case when you can't really compare the two as they are both completely different (PS3 Blu-ray, 360 HD/DVD.) The only thing which I agree with you on is that Blu-Ray is a better than DVD/HD.

N!ck
31-05-2009, 10:39 PM

Ok, I'm going to use Argos pricing just to make everything simple. I know stuff is cheaper elsewhere but it's the same for both consoles. I am going to ad periphials to make them as similar spec as possible (wireless, rechargeable, and headset - which are a standard feature of one of the consoles and must be bought to match the other).

360:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5666793/c_1/1|cat_12109654|Xbox+360|12109695/c_2/2|cat_12109695|Xbox+360+consoles|12109696/Trail/searchtext%3E360.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5685097/Trail/searchtext%3E360+WIRELESS.htm
2 years online - 2 x http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5683082/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|12109654/c_2/2|cat_12109654|Xbox+360|12109695/c_3/3|cat_12109695|Xbox+360+accessories|12109700.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5679656/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C12109654/c_2/2%7Ccat_12109654%7CXbox+360%7C12109695/c_3/3%7Ccat_12109695%7CXbox+360+accessories%7C12109700 .htm

Price: 317.45

PS3:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID71/12109676/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|12109654/c_2/2|cat_12109654|Playstation+3|12109671/c_3/3|cat_12109671|PS3+consoles|12109676.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5680322/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C12109654/c_2/2%7Ccat_12109654%7CPlaystation+3%7C12109671/c_3/3%7Ccat_12109671%7CPS3+accessories%7C12109672.htm

Price: £315.15

Yes, I've added online price to the 360 as pretty much everyone goes online on it. That's just 2 years. It's likely your going to be paying for more than 2 years.

So, if you have both consoles for 2 years you pay a similar price. If you have it longer than 2 years the PS3 starts becoming cheaper. Along with that the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player and all of the other features that I've mentioned.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Difference is I can get a 13 months of xbox live off Ebay for £32.

I could probably get much cheaper than what Argos offers, even cheaper deals on the PS3 too...

360 is still slightly better than the PS3 though and the better console for the same/little bit cheaper than the PS3.

N!ck
31-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Difference is I can get a 13 months of xbox live off Ebay for £32.

I could probably get much cheaper than what Argos offers, even cheaper deals on the PS3 too...

360 is still slightly better than the PS3 though and the better console for the same/little bit cheaper than the PS3.

How's it still better? The only better feature it has is it's online system, and you have to pay more for that anyway.

All of the PS3 stuff would be cheaper on eBay as well as the 360 stuff. That's why I stuck everything to the same retailer (Argos) to keep everything fair.

Wolverhampton
31-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Fair enough, but it's just my opinion really, I own both consoles and prefer my 360 by far, PS3 is just gathering dust on my TV stand, might stick it on Ebay soon.

Oleh
02-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Ok just to get my opinion in the open (again) You say the ps3 is better with the
Blu-ray
xbox 360 now has full 1080p streaming coming soon, which is much better and much cheaper than blu ray and ps3
Run linux on it
Honestly, hardly anybody does that and it sucks anyway (if like 10 people post saying they do and you say thats not hardly anybody, its 10 people ***)
Higher spec hardware
Hardware doesnt meen anything, the wii is the most sold console of the 3, and it has the worst hardware in of the 3
6 axis
It sucks, i dont know a game what uses it well, and you can get it on the 360 by just a simple mod to your controller, but now project natall has blown six axis into its own ass

Recursion
02-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok just to get my opinion in the open (again) You say the ps3 is better with the
Blu-ray
xbox 360 now has full 1080p streaming coming soon, which is much better and much cheaper than blu ray and ps3
Run linux on it
Honestly, hardly anybody does that and it sucks anyway (if like 10 people post saying they do and you say thats not hardly anybody, its 10 people ***)
Higher spec hardware
Hardware doesnt meen anything, the wii is the most sold console of the 3, and it has the worst hardware in of the 3
6 axis
It sucks, i dont know a game what uses it well, and you can get it on the 360 by just a simple mod to your controller, but now project natall has blown six axis into its own ass

You do realise you will have to pay for that streaming content?

Also, if you had watched Sony's E3 conference, they just blew Natal out of the water.

Stephen!
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
This thread started with the OP asking why GTA IV didn't run well on his PC and what upgrades he could do to it to make it run better...

Oleh
02-06-2009, 08:55 PM
You do realise you will have to pay for that streaming content?

Also, if you had watched Sony's E3 conference, they just blew Natal out of the water.

I assume you have problems reading? i stated "cheaper" not free,

I did watch sonys E3 conference and i posted at 7:45 before sonys motion controller had even surfaced...
I didnt think much of it, yes it was pretty good in some aspects, but not very good

Better than bluray? In what way?

It is streaming 1080p no loading, and for about £4-£5 where as blu-ray may be around £20 and have more menu's and such, i wouldnt complain about deleted scenes and interviews if it was 4-5 pound there and then.

Recursion
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
You've got to remember you can do a hell of a lot more with a Blu-Ray disk than you can with that streaming content, and it will technically load faster, I can't see how MS can deliver 1080p without any wait down most of the UK's broadband connections (come on, speeds are crap) :P

Wolverhampton
02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Isn't it probably almost fact that people who own 360's have at least on a 10MB connection? that'd be plenty fast enough.

Jordy
02-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Isn't it probably almost fact that people who own 360's have at least on a 10MB connection? that'd be plenty fast enough.No because most will be between 2-10MB I reckon.

Whatever about blowing Natal out the water Tawm but the specs for the PS3 are better and it shows on things like loading times. Games are having to be cut down to manage the Xbox 360's rather poor specs, like Gears of War 2 was restricted by them so the game had to be 'Watered down', virtually all games from now on will have to be watered-down on the Xbox 360 yet will run great on PS3 and PC. Loading times will also increase as a result, this is also becoming more obvious I find.

Although you added 2 years subscription to the pricing, it's unlikely you'd buy 2 years at one time. Subscriptions are good because you don't pay as much at one time, you can spread the cost out over a period of time which is a huge advantage to some people. It's not like you book five years worth of holidays at one time.

GommeInc
02-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Aren't cross-platform games cut-down alot too, to make it easier to run on the 360 (and sometimes Wii)? It's probably why some cross-platforms games are a bit average, when some PS3 only games are kinda clever in their unqiue ways, more can be loaded onto it. Though that said, I'm yet to see next-gen gameplay.

Tomm
02-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Well I have a BD25 (Half the size of the normal dual layer BR disks you normally get movies on) rip that has an average bitrate of 30,415kbps. Lower quality 1080p rips that I normally get are around 16,000kbps. So no, 10mbps is not fast enough for a decent quality 1080p stream and no-where near the quality of a blu-ray disk.

Isn't it probably almost fact that people who own 360's have at least on a 10MB connection? that'd be plenty fast enough.

Oleh
03-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Well it would help if you all knew how they streamed the video...

They split the video into 5minute chunks, then then load that up, whilst thats loaded and playing they load another chunk and so on, so its seamless

Recursion
03-06-2009, 06:56 AM
It would still be a huge strain on your connection, and to be honest, what happens when the next five minutes is still bufering when the current 5 minutes is over? It wouldn't be seamless.

I don't want to be streaming watered down "1080p" video, I want 1080p video.

N!ck
03-06-2009, 08:54 AM
There is no way a 10Mbps could stream an non highky watered down 1080p video. The 5 minute chunk thing makes absolutely no difference as it's still having to download 5 minutes worth of video in 5 minutes which is the same as a second per second lol.

If you look at the bitrate of all these blu-rays you'd need at least 50Mbps to properly stream them. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=3338

Even if they compressed them it would be around have the size for not much of a quality drop and you'd still be needing at least 20Mbps actual throughput. They probably wouldn't offer DTS surround sound either which is 1.5Mbps on it's own. Probably something like AC3 compressed to 192Kbps.

It will be like what iPlayer did. They pretend to offer 720p - it actually is that resolution but the bitrate is **** so that people's connections can handle it. Much better than the standard iPlayer to be fair though.

Recursion
03-06-2009, 09:05 AM
There is no way a 10Mbps could stream an non highky watered down 1080p video. The 5 minute chunk thing makes absolutely no difference as it's still having to download 5 minutes worth of video in 5 minutes which is the same as a second per second lol.

If you look at the bitrate of all these blu-rays you'd need at least 50Mbps to properly stream them. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=3338

Even if they compressed them it would be around have the size for not much of a quality drop and you'd still be needing at least 20Mbps actual throughput. They probably wouldn't offer DTS surround sound either which is 1.5Mbps on it's own. Probably something like AC3 compressed to 192Kbps.

It will be like what iPlayer did. They pretend to offer 720p - it actually is that resolution but the bitrate is **** so that people's connections can handle it. Much better than the standard iPlayer to be fair though.

I would big time rep you but I have to spread.

Wolverhampton
03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Well i'm on 20MB so I guess i'll be fine :)

Recursion
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
You have to remember your not getting 20 Megabytes, your getting 20 Megabits, which eqauls 2560Kbp/s. Not fast enough for full 1080p video.

Wolverhampton
03-06-2009, 11:41 AM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

GommeInc
03-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I suspect this 1080p quality is actually what YouTube call HQ (or High Quality). They just called it 1080p to make manure look nicer, so to speak.

Stephen!
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
*Removed*

He's just stating the facts buddy.

Wolverhampton
03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't like the way he puts his 'facts' across.

Luke
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't like the way he puts his 'facts' across.

Well tough luck, 'cause he's right.
And so what if you have 20mbit connection, does anyone give a toss?

Wolverhampton
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
*Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult others.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!