PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this layout...

Knuxxy
29-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Let me get one thing straight:
THIS DESIGN IS AN DEMO AND IS STILL IN ALPHA. A LOT IS STILL TO BE DONE, BUT THIS IS JUST TO GIVE YOU AN OVERVIEW.

PLEASE DO NOT WHINE THAT THERE IS ONLY A CONTENT AND SIDE BOX THERE, THIS IS ONLY THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE DESIGN STAGE.

^^ Please take it seriously, saying stuff like: "IT ONLY HAZ A CONTENT BOX ND A SIDE BOX LOLOLOOLLLL"; deliberatly, is not funny, its just annoying.

Right, well here it is:
http://www.darkestrealm.co.uk/123

I will probably get the usual people saying its disgusting, horrible and rubbish :(
but thats why im here for your opinions.

blackops121
29-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Its not that bad, Although Sure i've seen one like that before O.o, Maybe not but anyway I know its only the first stages but it aint that bad and am sure it will be good when fully done if alot more detail is added.

Mentor
29-05-2009, 11:34 PM
The top line is probably a little big for the layout, so maye be shrink that, plus not keen on the logo(ripple effect etc)
Maybe tighten the corners and a pure white may look more effectie then the slighty greyish gradiant :/

Just first thoughts

Knuxxy
29-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh and a quick side not, when I finnally go through with making this project I will NOT be desiging LOL.

@above, which gradient are you talking about?
The shadow surrounding the content or the actual content box?

Blob
30-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Its got some potential.

Why dont you make the boxes completely white, make the ways the background and add a nice menu to make it look simple yet cool?

suzie.w
30-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I quite like it tbf. It sort of has a smooth touch to it. maybe like some said change bit of the blood but i do like :)

Knuxxy
30-05-2009, 01:20 AM
There will be a footer with a something like grass at the bottom.

Trinity
30-05-2009, 01:21 AM
The top line is probably a little big for the layout, so maye be shrink that, plus not keen on the logo(ripple effect etc)
Maybe tighten the corners and a pure white may look more effectie then the slighty greyish gradiant :/

Just first thoughts

Seconded. The box on the left doesn't match the rest of the layout at all, not a fan of the logo colour either, see what it looks like if you make it the same colour as the background.
Oh, and I don't see the point of the grey line at the bottom of the main content box.

Edit: I wouldn't recommend adding grass to the bottom, the colours wouldn't match. That's assuming you mean green grass.

Knuxxy
30-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Seconded. The box on the left doesn't match the rest of the layout at all, not a fan of the logo colour either, see what it looks like if you make it the same colour as the background.
Oh, and I don't see the point of the grey line at the bottom of the main content box.

Edit: I wouldn't recommend adding grass to the bottom, the colours wouldn't match. That's assuming you mean green grass.
Nah, yellow grass.

No i meant cartoon grass, or maybe cartoon hills

But anyway:
http://www.darkestrealm.co.uk/lay.png

The nav isn't inline i know but it will be if I were to code it.

GoldenMerc
30-05-2009, 01:42 AM
damn i like it.

Meti
30-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't like it.
Bad color. And too strong shadowing.
Also, the boxes don't look good.

I'd love seing the final layout though.

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 10:23 AM
The best thing about the layout is probably the text where it says "Designers & Coders". The grey and blue clash together which makes the logo look even more hideous than it already is. The boxes arent in line and the inner shadow you've added to the bottom of the right box needs to go. As some have already said, the left box doesn't suit because the colour is too dark.

You could improve by getting rid of that horrible logo and replacing it with a font like Rockwell or Arial. Tone down the drop shadow and get rid of the inner shadow on the right box. Play with the colours on that background and tone down the blue on the left box.

Don't add yellow grass because then it will just wreck the layout even more.

Obeying
30-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Its nice but, dont you think it needs abit more Looks abit "plain" but i like it.

VirtualG
31-05-2009, 08:00 AM
great job, 6.7/10

mattywatson07
31-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I like it, never seen a layout like it.

Cutter
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
looks like the sulake one to me, don't you think

http://www.sulake.com/

Frisky
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
It's nice but I'd change your logo to suit the name.
Cloud being a cloud?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!