PDA

View Full Version : New layout, comments? :)

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey guys. Yesterday I was asked to make a portfolio layout for a client of mine. He wanted it fresh and colourful.. heres what I came up with.

Comments? :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zggcy0.png

Source
30-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Looks good!

It does however, feel as if it is missing something. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't seem to tick all boxes. I feel it needs some sort of imagery to the design.

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Looks good!

It does however, feel as if it is missing something. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't seem to tick all boxes. I feel it needs some sort of imagery to the design.Cheers :) Yeah I agree with you. When I was designing it I felt that the design was pure text, which was annoying. The splinters helped a tad by splitting up the content. I did want to add some sort of jQuery slider which may have looked better but hey! I'm sure he will change it around etc :)

lick
30-05-2009, 01:29 PM
not really colourful, but its good. :)

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 01:35 PM
not really colourful, but its good. :)Cheers:)

Trinity
30-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Not exactly colourful :)
I'm not a fan of that red-ish colour that you've used, it's too pale for my liking. That yellow in the nav also has to go, otherwise you will be shot for attempting to destroy my eyes.

Anywho, like my lovely Matt said, it looks good but it feels like it's lacking something. It would probably improve a lot if there was actually some work in the 'Latest work' boxes.

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Not exactly colourful :)
I'm not a fan of that red-ish colour that you've used, it's too pale for my liking. That yellow in the nav also has to go, otherwise you will be shot for attempting to destroy my eyes.

Anywho, like my lovely Matt said, it looks good but it feels like it's lacking something. It would probably improve a lot if there was actually some work in the 'Latest work' boxes.Thankyou Trinity :)

suzie.w
30-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I like the colour it gives it a like richness to it hmm

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I like the colour it gives it a like richness to it hmmCheers Suzie :)

Rosii
30-05-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't like the background, sorry D:

The colour of the text is alright, but I'd recommend dark-ish coloured boxes where your content is gonna be.

Hope I helped :)

Rosii.

mattywatson07
30-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Looks fine to me.

Excellent2
30-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't like the background, sorry D:

The colour of the text is alright, but I'd recommend dark-ish coloured boxes where your content is gonna be.

Hope I helped :)

Rosii.What don't you like about the background? :) Cheers! I was toying with boxes where the content is but I opted out :)

Johno
30-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I really like it, however I think it would look better if there was a gap where you have the horizontal rule :)

Other than that, I think its really spectacular!

VirtualG
31-05-2009, 07:59 AM
No offence but you skimped out on the colourful part, lol...

Excellent2
31-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I really like it, however I think it would look better if there was a gap where you have the horizontal rule :)

Other than that, I think its really spectacular!Cheers mate :)

No offence but you skimped out on the colourful part, lol...Skimped out? Haha :P

Meti
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
It looks allright.
It's waay to simple in my eyes though?

But it looks quite allright though :)

Obeying
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
It looks good, but i've seen many alike. I mean if you look on template monster. ~ Their'd be Thousands the similar.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!