PDA

View Full Version : Brand New PSP Go leaked.

Technologic
30-05-2009, 09:34 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/30/sonys-psp-go-leaks-out-before-e3-is-obviously-a-go/

Video: Sony's PSP Go leaks out before E3, is obviously a go
by Darren Murph, posted May 30th 2009 at 12:12PM

Look up there, folks. That's the future of Sony's hopes and dreams in the handheld gaming sector. With just hours to go before the company's official E3 2009 press event, it looks like the pieces are all coming together. First a UMD-less game release, then a highly credible mole giving the PSP Go a name, and now -- live action shots. The images here were sourced from an obviously slipped June 2009 Qore video, and aside from giving us a look at the slider-based system (which, let's be honest, looks a ton like the questionably successful mylo), we're also told that it'll tout 16GB of internal memory, built-in Bluetooth and an undisclosed memory slot. If all goes well, it'll ship this Fall for a price to be determined, and it's actually not slated to replace the PSP-3000, as both of 'em will attempt to live on store shelves harmoniously... at least for awhile. Oh, and don't worry -- we'll be on hand in LA to bring you all the impressions we can muster early next week.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/05/press-sony-psp-go-3.jpg

eight
30-05-2009, 09:36 PM
They're trying to upgrade it too much, it looks for too hi-tech and I think the old 1 is a much better layout.

It may not boast the extra features, But I would have liked to of kept the same layout. :(

e5
30-05-2009, 09:40 PM
It slides up
wow :D
Cool :) I want one lol.

Simmzay
30-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Sounds great.

Wootzeh
30-05-2009, 10:20 PM
doubt many people will get one, the games are crap on it. and sitll only 1 analog stick :rolleyes:

dbgtz
31-05-2009, 08:32 AM
I think sony need to work on how their products look x)

CJW93
31-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Is there a pic that shows it slid up?

BeanEgg
31-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Is there a pic that shows it slid up?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/05/press-sony-psp-go-1.jpg

MrPinkPanther
31-05-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/05/press-sony-psp-go-1.jpg
All I can say is...ewwww. It looks like Nintendos used to be. Its way too indented around the buttons. I dont really care how things look but the mainstream public do. If they are going after the iPhone downloads market then they could atleast try and make it look half as sleek as the iPhone.

Suck
31-05-2009, 06:19 PM
This isn't going to save the PSP. It's one of the most underperforming consoles on the market and this isn't going to make it do much better.

myke
31-05-2009, 06:24 PM
It looks like the G1 when it's slid up :S my psp broke ages ago after it decided to turn off whilst plugged in and upgrading :| so it's dead.

Wootzeh
31-05-2009, 06:35 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/05/ss_preview_PSP_GO_000.bmp.jpg_02.jpg

Neil
31-05-2009, 08:18 PM
This is a perfect example of Sony leeching money out of spoilt kids, the only reason people would get this over the standard PSP is because they want to seem like the cool people about, I'd probably get this if it's cheap but I wouldn't pay more than £150 for it.

ElliottThompson
01-06-2009, 03:39 AM
I dnt get that people dont see that its completely different to the PSP

Its going to be fully downloadable content, no tangiable goods in sight meaning shops like GAME will have little / no influence on the product except for selling the hardware itself. I think its a great move, what I love about my iphone is that I have it now and if I want to get a new game it takes 1 minute to do so before I begin playing, hopefully this kinda system will be seen on the psp go, its obviously not treating itself as a normal console is it? No other console has supported itself on downloadable content alone, never been done before by one of the big games console companies, it will be very interesting to see how it pans out. They also said they want to get more shorter length games out on it and so I really can see it turning into into an iphone-esqe product which would be great, the iphone is good but lacks decent 3rd party developers that sony could offer in this console.
Your'e all comparing it to the PSP when clearly it is a completely different console with a completely different purpose aimed at completely different people, them being non hardcore gamers. I love my hardcore games but i'm also a casual gamer when im out or about so this would be great. Its size and simplicity make it perfect.

The only thing I can see going wrong? The fact that they only offer it in 16gb at launch and a few months later offer up a 32gb one for a bit more or maybe even the same price which would leave purchasers of the 16gb model feeling gutted. I know when my brother got his 40gb ps3 he was really annoyed to find sony was now selling 80gb consoles for the same price less than a month later, and the ps3 isnt even Dependant on the storage space while the psp go would be so i'd expect it to cause more of an uproar!

One last note is that they will be putting all or most of the current psp's back catalouge of games + new releases on an online store for download, this is brilliant imo, imagine never having to wait for that game you wanted and being able to get games on their release date every time because their are no problems such as transport to shops or delivery times to worry about.

Sony has made a really smart move with this console, if they give it enough advertising and show casual gamers exactly what it has to offer they are onto a winner. I sold my origional psp 1000 and then my psp 2000 because of their failures but I know that on launch day I will be having one of these at home :)

Neil
02-06-2009, 09:45 PM
imagine never having to wait for that game you wanted and being able to get games on their release date every time because their are no problems such as transport to shops or delivery times to worry about.

Sony has made a really smart move with this console

Nothing to say about the rest of your post but the thing I object to is the fact they'll more than likely stop releasing UMDs for the PSP after the release, which means every game will be put online for this, fair enough, but it wont sell as well as the PSP simply because not everyone uses wireless internet, I personally use wired, I have wireless available but I never use it, I hate it, as good as this product sounds at the end of the day if you're on a full wired connection with no possiblity of wireless you will have one of these consoles but no games, now I personally like being able to play games on my console, hopefully Sony have thought about it too and include some method of downloading to the PC, like iTunes or something, doubtful though.

Another problem is the lack of the second anlog stick, they have enough room if they use the brains they obviously have to make products like this so why not redesign it with 2 anlogs sticks so we can have decent FPS games. ¬¬

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!