PDA

View Full Version : coredesign Layout

Kyle!
30-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Just made a new layout and coded it, I quite like it and probably think it's one of my best layouts but give me your opinions and things that I can do to make it better. It's not for any company just made a random one up.

http://kyle-bolton.co.uk/coredesign/

:)

Tranqer
30-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Very nice, But you could make the banner a little more 'flashy' :P

Trinity
30-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Sides need some padding, on my resolution (1024x768) the content is about 3 pixels away from the sides of the browser. Not a fan of the white boxes with the bottom borders, they just don't fit with the rest of the layout.
Overall it's a nice layout, not very original, but nice looking.

Kyle!
30-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Sides need some padding, on my resolution (1024x768) the content is about 3 pixels away from the sides of the browser. Not a fan of the white boxes with the bottom borders, they just don't fit with the rest of the layout.
Overall it's a nice layout, not very original, but nice looking.

Thanks for your comment! :)

Mentor
30-05-2009, 11:40 PM
s'ok but a little boreing "/ Tis just too much like the standard web 2.0 template, so doesnt really stand out to me in anyway.

Kyle!
31-05-2009, 09:59 AM
s'ok but a little boreing "/ Tis just too much like the standard web 2.0 template, so doesnt really stand out to me in anyway.

Oh well. Thanks anyway. :)

EDIT: I'm going to put a white box round the content as well, so it matches the boxes on the right.

Jaysun
31-05-2009, 03:06 PM
For some reason I couldn't access it unless I used a proxy...

But it looks nice could use a little editing with content.

Source
31-05-2009, 03:09 PM
The color of the background for the content area feels as if it clashes with the blue. I would change it from a pale yellow to a pale grey, same with the separator.

Another issue would be, its a 'creative' site yet there appears to be no real demonstration of that on the template. Needs more imagery, illustrations and just general more 'artyness'.

Still, its a nice base design.

Excellent2
31-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorta reminds me of http://www.devotedesigns.com/

I don't like it because the colours clash way too much.

Meti
03-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I like the header and it's colors.
Below are just bad?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!