PDA

View Full Version : Summer Heights High

-:Undertaker:-
31-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Anyone remember this amazing show, so funny, was on BBC Three last year. I just had to buy the DVD of it. I hope Chris Lilley does another show like this.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/10/15/mr_g_wideweb__470x327,0.jpg

Closed by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Thread closed to prevent further arguments.

Nick.
31-05-2009, 10:07 PM
it was hilarious haha! loved it.

eight
31-05-2009, 10:46 PM
I loved it :):D

Jesus-Egg
31-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Haha, the show was awesome! I need to re-watch it sometime. Mr G The Musical is pure genius.

Caution
31-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah it was hilarious, hope there's another series or something.

Art
01-06-2009, 12:35 AM
There was an ad on here that said while we wait for the next season that theyd be showing repeats.... not sure if that means a second SHH or a totally different series though xDD

I looove it :D

Rozi
02-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I loooove it :P I sat for like one day just watching the whole series on iplayer catch up :P I wonder if they did a new series if they'de have the same characters or like totally new ones but in the same school with Mr. G.

JackBuddy
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Mr G's safety demonstrations were hilarious.

ElliottThompson
03-06-2009, 11:30 PM
the kinda humour in that show was really perfect, combination of making fun of stereotypes along with tacky scenes, I think there will be another series too, all my mates loved it aswel.

Kyle!
03-06-2009, 11:35 PM
OI MISS **** YOU!

PriceTags
03-06-2009, 11:51 PM
I love both Summer Heights High and The Nominees but I prefer Summer Heights High.

Blinger1
04-06-2009, 04:21 AM
If you like this, then maybe you will like We Can Be Heros (http://www.habboxforum.com/We_Can_Be_Heroes:_Finding_The_Australian_of_the_Ye ar)? It is kinda the same thing done by the same actor :)

dogboy123
04-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Omg i loved this, the crude comedy was just soo funny

Blinger1
04-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Out of all the characters, only Jonah didn't piss me off.

PriceTags
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
If you like this, then maybe you will like We Can Be Heros (http://www.habboxforum.com/We_Can_Be_Heroes:_Finding_The_Australian_of_the_Ye ar)? It is kinda the same thing done by the same actor :)

That's the one I meant. It's shown as The Nominees on FX quite late at night, but I don't think it's as good as Summer Heights High. WCBH shows 5 good characters, but Summer Heights High focuses on three brilliant ones.

14-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Helen Gregson - lol, oh and I loved Rodney Parsons aswell.

iJoe
14-06-2009, 01:16 AM
(8) Welcome to mr g's room g's room g's room welcome to mr g's room take your shoes off (8)

Loved it haha

Anyone know if there's a new series?

Charli
14-06-2009, 01:32 AM
the kinda humour in that show was really perfect, combination of making fun of stereotypes along with tacky scenes, I think there will be another series too, all my mates loved it aswel.

ditto to that. it was absolutely HILARIOUS. it always ended too quickly...

Blinger1
14-06-2009, 02:02 AM
I don't think there will be a new series.. at least, i haven't heard anything about it!

VirtualG
14-06-2009, 02:43 AM
I think Summer Heights High should be banned! It's discriminative against several types fo people, it's just as bad a s racism. you dont here about show bagging out black people or asians?

Verrou
14-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Pull the stick out of your ass and stop being so PC. It's a great show, I love Ja'mie and her dramas lol.

VirtualG
14-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Pull the stick out of your ass and stop being so PC. It's a great show, I love Ja'mie and her dramas lol.
I, and many other people, find it quite offensive! I cant believe that foreign countries such as the US are going to see that and actually believe that is what Australian Education system is like.

Art
14-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I, and many other people, find it quite offensive! I cant believe that foreign countries such as the US are going to see that and actually believe that is what Australian Education system is like.

If people are dumb enough to think that, then they need help :D

Seriously, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

VirtualG
15-06-2009, 06:07 AM
If people are dumb enough to think that, then they need help :D

First of all, there are lots of idiots that believe that type of thing. Some Americans think Australians have pet crocs. And I dont watch it, but others do and they, whether they know it or not, take some of it on board and use it in real life. The whole "ranga" thing started from that show, and It also bags out the "typical" polynesian. You wouldn't want to get in a fight about this with me.

Blinger1
15-06-2009, 06:16 AM
The whole "ranga" thing started from that show
No it didn't, we have been saying "ranga" for a long time before summer heights high.

Vause
15-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I watched a few and I guess it was okay. Nothing too special.

DJ-Ains.T
15-06-2009, 08:46 AM
omg i freaking loved it. i want it to return

did u watch coming of age? another series is returning soon, wooooo! :}!!

ihatehash
15-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I love how Ja'mie is such a straight up ***** :P
I have the dvd!

Art
15-06-2009, 09:07 AM
The whole "ranga" thing started from that show.

"Summer Heights High" (2007)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ranga

You wouldn't want to get in a fight about this with me.

lol

VirtualG
15-06-2009, 09:16 PM
"Summer Heights High" (2007)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ranga

lol
Btw, the urban dictionaryy (the first temr that shows on the page) is reffering to the animal an orangutang,ds, and, even if it didn't start it, it's in support of it, and spread it around the world. Problem F'd up a couple of kids lives.

Art
15-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Did you even read the first definition? LOL.

Whatever, you keep believin what you want.

Charli
16-06-2009, 02:35 AM

i have to agree with techno.
im not sure if 'chasers war on everything' is a popular or well known show in the uk but i think it is similiar in essentials. these shows exist to shock. that's how they entertain. its black comedy and it isnt for everyone..
ultimately, no-one forces you to watch it. the networks approve it so it isn't as terrible as your making out.
also, virtual g, you mentioned that some people take parts of this show away with them and assume it is the truth. how mindless. i don't think comedians should have to dumb down their shows to suit the overly sensitive idiots in society. what they interpret, or misinterpret in this case, is their own problem.

Blinger1
16-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Btw, the urban dictionaryy (the first temr that shows on the page) is reffering to the animal an orangutang,ds, and, even if it didn't start it, it's in support of it, and spread it around the world. Problem F'd up a couple of kids lives.
Dudes, its a joke... accept it as a comedy not because its insulting rangas... oh yeah, in Melbourne, everyone calls redheads: rangas/fire *****/fanta pants/red nut/fire crotch... you get to deal with it..

Its worse imo when you see a ranga-in-denial.. a ranga who dies their hair a different colour to hide the red/orange...

Art
16-06-2009, 03:43 AM
omg rofl.

I hate rangas in denial. Its soooo obvious.

Pitch black hair, pale skin, RED EYEBROWS and freckles. no.

VirtualG
16-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Did you even read the first definition? LOL.

Whatever, you keep believin what you want.
First of all I did, i just dont think you've read it properly and understand it.

Dudes, its a joke... accept it as a comedy not because its insulting rangas... oh yeah, in Melbourne, everyone calls redheads: rangas/fire *****/fanta pants/red nut/fire crotch... you get to deal with it..

Its worse imo when you see a ranga-in-denial.. a ranga who dies their hair a different colour to hide the red/orange...
Ok, It's still discrimination. How many shows calling people "*****" or "nip" (not meaning it in a discrminatig way, just as eamples), it's just as bad. The only reason you haven't seen an uprising of red heads, like nelson mandela, is because there are so few of them. If there were as many as there are black people you would say a thing.

omg rofl.

I hate rangas in denial. Its soooo obvious.

Pitch black hair, pale skin, RED EYEBROWS and freckles. no.
Ok, if anyone with other hair colour can dye their hair why is all a sudden denial, or a bad thing, if reds dye it? Its facist, no better than Nazi's. Blond hair and blue eyes, the "perfect race" It's just as facist and discriminist. Are we one day going to see fanatics, like there are in every group (fanatic musilms = suicide bombers, fanatic japanese = kamakazie attacks, fanatic racists = KKK), are we going to see it grow to mass genecide like with jewish people, or people non-germantic heritage (although it is quite unlikely). There have also been many killings in countries such as the US and UK over people with red hair. Many kids have also committed suicide due to teasing of red hair. Some people may take it as a joke and a commedy, but others might actually believe it is ok to tease others. And even if you are just teasing someone as a joke, and even if you say its a joke, and even still if the person getting teased says it ok, he or she may not just take it as a joke, either that or that can cop it soo much that they just snap one day. Although I think cancelling this show would not solve the problem of facism, it could slow the progress of it.

Blinger1
16-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Oh fine, just go here (http://www.sorryranga.org/)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpk2F6rKVj0

This quote got me lol'ing

Jonah: A Ranga, sir. 'Cause he's got red hair, Orangatan. That's what we call them!
Teacher: And does that make it okay for him to be bullied? Because he has red hair.
Jonah: Well people are Racist to us, so we can be Racist to Rangas!
Teacher: But 'Red heads' aren't a race Jonah.
Leon: But Sir!! there's heaps of them! They're everywhere!

Charli
16-06-2009, 07:38 AM
FTAO of virtual g..
im not sure whether you ignored my post or just didnt see it but ahh.. i really don't agree with what you're saying and i don't like letting an issue like this go unchallenged.

i have to agree with techno.
im not sure if 'chasers war on everything' is a popular or well known show in the uk but i think it is similiar in essentials. these shows exist to shock. that's how they entertain. its black comedy and it isnt for everyone..
ultimately, no-one forces you to watch it. the networks approve it so it isn't as terrible as your making out.
also, virtual g, you mentioned that some people take parts of this show away with them and assume it is the truth. how mindless. i don't think comedians should have to dumb down their shows to suit the overly sensitive idiots in society. what they interpret, or misinterpret in this case, is their own problem.

The programme explored the facets of a typical Australian public high school such as social cliques, bullying, teenage slang, stereotyping, profanity, racism and homophobia by showcasing three different individuals: the bully, the exchange student (originally from a private school) and the teacher.

It explores these issues - is it suddenly discrimination because its done in a comedic way? It's not as though Chris Lilley justifies the use of the word ranga. He is portraying the opinion of a character in his show. Why is that so bad? We see kids using drugs on tv. Just because the character uses them doesnt mean all kids should.. It doesn't send out the message that it's ok just because its there.. If people really are that easily brainwashed, they shouldnt be watching it.
You'll also notice that Jonah gets in trouble for saying ranga. It's not as though they are pinning a big medal on his chest and saying good work son.
I think its ridiculous that you believe this show has no right to be on air. I commend Chris Lilley for it infact.. All I know is I'd rather watch SHH then some chirpy teenage tv show that sugar coats everything.

VirtualG
16-06-2009, 09:30 AM
FTAO of virtual g..
im not sure whether you ignored my post or just didnt see it but ahh.. i really don't agree with what you're saying and i don't like letting an issue like this go unchallenged.

It explores these issues - is it suddenly discrimination because its done in a comedic way? It's not as though Chris Lilley justifies the use of the word ranga. He is portraying the opinion of a character in his show. Why is that so bad? We see kids using drugs on tv. Just because the character uses them doesnt mean all kids should.. It doesn't send out the message that it's ok just because its there.. If people really are that easily brainwashed, they shouldnt be watching it.
You'll also notice that Jonah gets in trouble for saying ranga. It's not as though they are pinning a big medal on his chest and saying good work son.
I think its ridiculous that you believe this show has no right to be on air. I commend Chris Lilley for it infact.. All I know is I'd rather watch SHH then some chirpy teenage tv show that sugar coats everything.
Im not saying its discrimination because its in a comedic way, if you really believe it to be comedic, unless your another sadist. I believe it to be discrimination because the character in the show meant it in a racist way (although its discrimination, not racism, which are both similiar) And dont say he didn't, coz he is saying that he should be racist to us coz people are racist to him. Oh, and when you see kids on TV, and then kids go and take drugs, they aren't hurting anyone but themselves, unless they force it onto people, either that or they hurt their family, who should be taking better care of them if they let them have drugs without noticing. And once again, I never said these kids would be "brainwashed" or would do it to insult some one, i said that some might just mean it as a joke with a mate or classmate, and then one day, once the kid has copped it a little too much for a little too long, he will just snap. I saw it happen, not by a ranga, but it ended up with two kids in hospital, and one of them with a pen stuck in his arm.
I dont think chasers war on everything is a good show either. Wouldn't you be pissed off if your brother is diying in hospital and you saw that so called "black comedy"? Well my mate is. It's been all over the news and the majority of people are bloody angry with this type of humour, its called sadism when you get pleasure out of others suffering or make fun of their suffering.
And saying that Johnah got in trouble and didn't get a reward wouldn't really bother the majority of the people who would tease others as they are like him, bag people out, and dont give a crap about the conciquences! And i never said I would like to only show shows that sugar coat everything, maybe if shows and media like this, along with other facism, ten there would be no need to sugar code the whole "ranga" factor as it wouldn't be around. And rangas arent the only people being bagged out in this show, bisexuals, polynesians, obese, ******ed, homosexual, transvestites and many more are all being bagged out in this show, if you haven't noticed, red heads just seem to be the main target.

Oh fine, just go here (http://www.sorryranga.org/)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpk2F6rKVj0

This quote got me lol'ing
It's not actually saying sorry, its just hyping it up. And just because these kids were victims of racism doesn't mean that have any right to discriminate against anyone else. Although I think its wrong to be racist against them either.

Ohh, and If i missed any points, please not them down, ill be happy to shame you again!
:eusa_clap

Charli
16-06-2009, 11:16 AM
shame me? this isnt highschool.

ill number these so you don't skip through and answer the points you find convenient instead of debating most of the points i was making.
I believe it to be discrimination because the character in the show meant it in a racist way
The show confronts racism. so what? that's not illegal. are we supposed to ignore the realities in society and pretend they arent even there?
racism is an issue in dozens of tv shows and movies, are they as "unsuitable and terrible" as SHH?
I dont think chasers war on everything is a good show either. Wouldn't you be pissed off if your brother is diying in hospital and you saw that so called "black comedy"?
Like i said previously.. black comedy isn't for everyone. that's a problem easily solved though. TURN OFF YOUR TV. some people tend to enjoy it and i don't see why the world should have to revolve around what YOU think is suitable. the networks allow it and you might be suprised to know its won awards!
And saying that Johnah got in trouble and didn't get a reward wouldn't really bother the majority of the people who would tease others as they are like him, bag people out, and dont give a crap about the conciquences!
What other children do as a result of this tv show isnt SHH's responsibility. It exists to entertain. It might not be what you consider morally "correct" but its entertainment all the same. Mature viewers take it as a laugh and nothing more. I guess that's the difference between you and me.

VirtualG
16-06-2009, 09:43 PM
shame me? this isnt highschool.

ill number these so you don't skip through and answer the points you find convenient instead of debating most of the points i was making.
The show confronts racism. so what? that's not illegal. are we supposed to ignore the realities in society and pretend they arent even there?
racism is an issue in dozens of tv shows and movies, are they as "unsuitable and terrible" as SHH?
Like i said previously.. black comedy isn't for everyone. that's a problem easily solved though. TURN OFF YOUR TV. some people tend to enjoy it and i don't see why the world should have to revolve around what YOU think is suitable. the networks allow it and you might be suprised to know its won awards!
What other children do as a result of this tv show isnt SHH's responsibility. It exists to entertain. It might not be what you consider morally "correct" but its entertainment all the same. Mature viewers take it as a laugh and nothing more. I guess that's the difference between you and me.

First of all, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shame (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shame), read it, you can get shamed at any time in your life.
1.It's not "Confronting" racism, it is a type of comedy, "black comedy" as you said earlier, dont go back on your beliefs. If this show was to front up to racism and discrimination it wouldn't be making people, like the red heads, get teased because it isn't confronting it, how is teasing someone on tv as comedy confronting the problem, even if they get into trouble?
2.Like I said previously... Black Comedy isn't for everyone, it actually pisses people off, whether they watch it or not. My problem isn't with saidsm, (which i'll just state for those who dont remember, saidsm is when people enjoy, or get pleasure out of other pain, eg, a bully out of teasing) and how they like black comedy, my problem is, LIKE I'VE SAID SOOO MANY TIMES, that if kids see this show and use it in real life, even as a joke, even if they say its a joke and apologise, and even to a best mate, if it happens over and over again the kid might snap after being called "Hey RANGA!, naah man, im just jokin" Once or twice from his best mate might be ok, but over and over and he or she could lose it. So even if I dont watch it, others might, others might be this kids friends, others might tease him as a joke, and it might go too far. I've seen it happen. So can you please stop repeating this same point over and over, because I've refuted it over and over, and we keep getting back to this point, it's wrong, come up with a ned way against this point or come up with a new point! Oh, and by the way, this show won awards, but that doesn't make it ok to tease rangas, or not even mean to tease ranga but just "confront", as you say, and make a comedy out of it because when other people see it as a joke, they use it as a joke, but not all people take it as a joke. The people who voted it in for awards are probably all saidsts. now whats you last point...
3The difference between me and you is your an idiot. What kids do after watching the show is not SHH's responsibility, not making a show that could trigger what they do afterwards is the responsibility. Can i also say something, do you locking people up in dungeons and throwing rocks at them is entertaining? Do you think whipping bears to dance is entertaining? Do you think watching two people fight each other to the death in a colossuem is entertain? If you do, your pretty sick. They all gain fun, enjoyment and "entertainment" out of others pain, just like this show causes, just like a bully get from teasing an innocent, poor, DEFENCELESS little kid! And even if some people laugh at it, then they are supporting something that could trigger something much worse, even if they dont say ranga themselves, or make a discriminating joke, if they watch that show, they are supporting that show, the show which can help cause it. I have moral standards, everyones equaleveryone has a right in this country to be able who they want to be without conviction (it says so in our constitution), everyone is unique, but we are all equal all the same, and I know it and believe it! I guess thats the difference between you and me...

Now before i end this post I have to say....

SHAME!!!

Charli
16-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Firstly, thankyou for the -rep.
It doesn't mean very much to me but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I’m going to dissect your response little by little. Lettering it parts abcd etc. Just so ya don't skip anything.

First of all, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shame, read it, you can get shamed at any time in your life.

A) Firstly, I don’t believe in shaming. I’m not on this forum to bring anyone down. I don’t get into debates with the sole intention of embarrassing someone else. I see it as a place to voice my opinions and when I get in these debates I try to reach a negotiation. That’s why I said this isn’t high school. It was a maturity thing. Sorry I‘ll leave the adult jokes at home this time..

1.It's not "Confronting" racism, it is a type of comedy, "black comedy" as you said earlier, dont go back on your beliefs.

B)I never did so please stop putting words in my mouth. I mentioned in point 2 that it was comedy.

If this show was to front up to racism and discrimination it wouldn't be making people, like the red heads, get teased because it isn't confronting it, how is teasing someone on tv as comedy confronting the problem, even if they get into trouble?

The boy gets into trouble. You are blatantly ignoring this FACT to suit your argument. That is confronting the issue. That is sending out the message is it unacceptable.

C)

2.Like I said previously... Black Comedy isn't for everyone, it actually pisses people off, whether they watch it or not. My problem isn't with saidsm, (which i'll just state for those who dont remember, saidsm is when people enjoy, or get pleasure out of other pain, eg, a bully out of teasing) and how they like black comedy, my problem is, LIKE I'VE SAID SOOO MANY TIMES, that if kids see this show and use it in real life, even as a joke, even if they say its a joke and apologise, and even to a best mate, if it happens over and over again the kid might snap after being called "Hey RANGA!, naah man, im just jokin" Once or twice from his best mate might be ok, but over and over and he or she could lose it. So even if I dont watch it, others might, others might be this kids friends, others might tease him as a joke, and it might go too far. I've seen it happen. So can you please stop repeating this same point over and over, because I've refuted it over and over, and we keep getting back to this point, it's wrong, come up with a ned way against this point or come up with a new point!

D)Don’t label me. You havent the slightest clue about who I am, what my morals are, so don’t call me a sadist because you look plain ignorant. Im interested to know what obligation a tv show has to the children of today? How, BY LAW (You want this show off air? back it up with legit facts) is Summer Heights High obligated to set a good example. Not all tv shows are going to show material you like. You’re gonna have to learn to co-exist because you aren’t going to change whether or not this show airs.

Oh, and by the way, this show won awards, but that doesn't make it ok to tease rangas, or not even mean to tease ranga but just "confront", as you say, and make a comedy out of it because when other people see it as a joke, they use it as a joke, but not all people take it as a joke. The people who voted it in for awards are probably all saidsts. now whats you last point...

E)Lol, you are now resorting to the name calling. Just because people don’t agree with you suddenly they are sadists?

3The difference between me and you is your an idiot. What kids do after watching the show is not SHH's responsibility, not making a show that could trigger what they do afterwards is the responsibility.

F)Rephrase and back that up with legitimate fact. Made absolutely no sense.

Can i also say something, do you locking people up in dungeons and throwing rocks at them is entertaining? Do you think whipping bears to dance is entertaining? Do you think watching two people fight each other to the death in a colossuem is entertain? If you do, your pretty sick.

Ahh no I find those things disgusting. Once again you resort to attacking me personally and lumping me in the ‘sadist’ category.

They all gain fun, enjoyment and "entertainment" out of others pain, just like this show causes, just like a bully get from teasing an innocent, poor, DEFENCELESS little kid!

G)Do you know how many tv shows and movies joke about bullying? How many movies do you see cast with a blonde bimbo stereotype? There’s a lot. Now I’ve grown up with blonde hair and I’ve dealt with the blonde jokes, the ‘don’t hurt yourself’ lines when I raised my hand at school, is it suddenly legit that I blame the tv shows? My personal belief is that what we do is OUR choice. Tv’s force us to do nothing. Every human being should take responsibility for what they do with their body and mind. If someone chooses to bully, its not because a tv show set a bad example, its because THEY want to. THEY get pleasure from it.
How someone interprets a tv show is their own responsibility. I watched that show and I don't go around calling people ranga's and making racist remarks. The people who do are IDIOTS. Im not justifying what they do because its THEIR MISTAKE. THEY DID IT. WHY SHOULD I HAVE CHANGE WHAT I CAN WATCH IN A MATURE MANNER TO SUIT THE IMMATURE MINDLESS TWITS IN SOCIETY?

And even if some people laugh at it, then they are supporting something that could trigger something much worse, even if they dont say ranga themselves, or make a discriminating joke, if they watch that show, they are supporting that show, the show which can help cause it.

H)It’s been said by numerous people in this thread - the term already existed. I think that just because you watch something doesn’t mean you support it. You’re saying that if I watched the news and news of a terrorist attack came on, that means I support it? Or if I watched CSI ( a crime show about murder) suddenly I support murder because that’s giving murderers ideas?

I have moral standards, everyones equaleveryone has a right in this country to be able who they want to be without conviction (it says so in our constitution), everyone is unique, but we are all equal all the same, and I know it and believe it! I guess thats the difference between you and me...

I)I never said we weren’t equal.. You’re putting these words in my mouth? Also, notice with your constitution, every can be who they want to be. I must have missed the memo -when did you become God and get the power to choose what everyone else watches? I can acknowledge your opinion and get on with my life. Why are you so intent on forcing everyone to believe what YOU want? Can’t our opinions co-exist without you calling me all the names under the sun?

VirtualG
17-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Firstly, thankyou for the -rep.
It doesn't mean very much to me but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I’m going to dissect your response little by little. Lettering it parts abcd etc. Just so ya don't skip anything.

A) Firstly, I don’t believe in shaming. I’m not on this forum to bring anyone down. I don’t get into debates with the sole intention of embarrassing someone else. I see it as a place to voice my opinions and when I get in these debates I try to reach a negotiation. That’s why I said this isn’t high school. It was a maturity thing. Sorry I‘ll leave the adult jokes at home this time..

B)I never did so please stop putting words in my mouth. I mentioned in point 2 that it was comedy.

The boy gets into trouble. You are blatantly ignoring this FACT to suit your argument. That is confronting the issue. That is sending out the message is it unacceptable.

C)

D)Don’t label me. You havent the slightest clue about who I am, what my morals are, so don’t call me a sadist because you look plain ignorant. Im interested to know what obligation a tv show has to the children of today? How, BY LAW (You want this show off air? back it up with legit facts) is Summer Heights High obligated to set a good example. Not all tv shows are going to show material you like. You’re gonna have to learn to co-exist because you aren’t going to change whether or not this show airs.

E)Lol, you are now resorting to the name calling. Just because people don’t agree with you suddenly they are sadists?

F)Rephrase and back that up with legitimate fact. Made absolutely no sense.

Ahh no I find those things disgusting. Once again you resort to attacking me personally and lumping me in the ‘sadist’ category.

G)Do you know how many tv shows and movies joke about bullying? How many movies do you see cast with a blonde bimbo stereotype? There’s a lot. Now I’ve grown up with blonde hair and I’ve dealt with the blonde jokes, the ‘don’t hurt yourself’ lines when I raised my hand at school, is it suddenly legit that I blame the tv shows? My personal belief is that what we do is OUR choice. Tv’s force us to do nothing. Every human being should take responsibility for what they do with their body and mind. If someone chooses to bully, its not because a tv show set a bad example, its because THEY want to. THEY get pleasure from it.
How someone interprets a tv show is their own responsibility. I watched that show and I don't go around calling people ranga's and making racist remarks. The people who do are IDIOTS. Im not justifying what they do because its THEIR MISTAKE. THEY DID IT. WHY SHOULD I HAVE CHANGE WHAT I CAN WATCH IN A MATURE MANNER TO SUIT THE IMMATURE MINDLESS TWITS IN SOCIETY?

H)It’s been said by numerous people in this thread - the term already existed. I think that just because you watch something doesn’t mean you support it. You’re saying that if I watched the news and news of a terrorist attack came on, that means I support it? Or if I watched CSI ( a crime show about murder) suddenly I support murder because that’s giving murderers ideas?

I)I never said we weren’t equal.. You’re putting these words in my mouth? Also, notice with your constitution, every can be who they want to be. I must have missed the memo -when did you become God and get the power to choose what everyone else watches? I can acknowledge your opinion and get on with my life. Why are you so intent on forcing everyone to believe what YOU want? Can’t our opinions co-exist without you calling me all the names under the sun?

I dont believe that im here to shame anyone else either. Im disputing this show, and that your posts were shameful.
Im not sure if you say im putting words in your mouth because i said you said that its called black comedy, which you did, or becuase I said dont go back on your beliefs, which you didn't do, nor did i say thats what you were doing, im just saying that you shouldn't, because thats what people do when they realise they are wrong (which im not syaing youve done yet either)
You are ignoring the fact that this barely helps your arguement. The fact is that bullies dont care about consequences, nor do they think about them often, and those who see the "ranga" factor on tv use it on their mates as a joke. Like I've said earlier. Also read the true story later on in this post!
I never said you were saidst, I said people who get pleasure from others pain are sadist, if that is who you are then so be it but I never accussed you of being one. Nor, at any stage, did I call you names. I never said that the tv show has any legal obligations (although they do have to obide by rules) but I think its more about moral obligation. Although these are discriminating views and themes shown in this show and can be banned from free television channels if it is refuted.
Who'd I call names, and where? I said people who find enjoyment out of others pain are saidists, never said you were one.
Made pleanty of sense. What I mean is that SHH cant control what children do after watching their show but they can impact on their decisions and influence what they choose to do. Didn't you hear about those teen fight clubs that started after that movie came out about teens in fight clubs? They didn't force kids to do it but it influenced their decisions. People died.
I was not attacking you personally. I was reffering to you the reader not you (charli) the user. The reader was whoever read it. Thats not personal. And those are all saidst things, similiar to parts of SHH
First of all rangas cop it a hell of a lot more than blonds. I dont believe shows like legally blond are ok either, but this is not a forum about that show, make one about it and ill do they same type of thing, this is about SHH and im dealing with whats wrong in its show. And yes, what we do is our choice but like I said earlier our environment can impact on what we do, our family, friends, and the MEDIA all impact on our decisions in life. Bullies dont start bullying coz they saw it on tv, your right, but thats not what I said, Im saying that if a bully seess it on tv, he might start teasing read heads as well and calling them rangas, adding it to the already bad list of things they would do... Once again, people dont always call red heads ranga in a purposely bad way, they might be meaning it as a joke (read story later)
This term already existed beefore the show. It only appeared in my life twice before the show and I never heard it use in my school until after this show aired, being friends with a ranga, he also didn't know of the term at all until the show aired. Thats when my sotyr starts:
Johny, as we will call him, and his mates watched SHH. The next day the went to school and said to ryan, who we will refer to the red head as, and stated "Sup ranga, You've benen Punk'd!, naah, im just jokin man.." Ryan replied "it's ok" now, im not sure if he was ok with it at first or not, but I knew after a while he wasn't. A whole lot of bad jokes and discrminating comments (that was triggered by the show) later, Ryan asked his mates to "Stop with the Ranga S*&% or Ill kick or ass!!" Maybe they shouldn;t have brought it up in the first place, maybe they should just have dropped it then, but they didn't. "oohh, rangas mad!" said Johny, last hing he said before he got a black bire three to four centimetres deep in his calf muscle, just missing the closest artery. Ryan snapped. They both ended up on police warning, one in hospital and couldn't move his leg for months, the "ranga" is the one person no-one wants to mess with and no-one talks to Johny. If they never saaw this show, none of this would have happened. Yeh sure they could and should have stopped themselves but if the show didn't start it everything would be fine. True story, although those weren't really names.

Back to the arguement... I never said that you said we werent equal, you are putting words in my mouth. And sorry, i dont believe in god. And no one chooses what you can watch except for the peo--- Omg, I just realised something. The people who choose whats played on tv are god! Im not choosing what everyone should watch, i just think it shouldn't be so discrimanatory.

Ok, I didn't call you any names at all, and Im also aggainst http://www.kkk.com (http://www.kkk.com) Check that site out and tell me if you think it should or shouldn't be aloud and then tell me how it is different to the TV show?
No, you cant win. Do you know wat obsessive compulsive disorder? (like on the show monk) I've got something very similiar except for I have to win everything and always get the last word.

Art
17-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I dont believe that im here to shame anyone else either. Im disputing this show, and that your posts were shameful.
Im not sure if you say im putting words in your mouth because i said you said that its called black comedy, which you did, or becuase I said dont go back on your beliefs, which you didn't do, nor did i say thats what you were doing, im just saying that you shouldn't, because thats what people do when they realise they are wrong (which im not syaing youve done yet either)
You are ignoring the fact that this barely helps your arguement. The fact is that bullies dont care about consequences, nor do they think about them often, and those who see the "ranga" factor on tv use it on their mates as a joke. Like I've said earlier. Also read the true story later on in this post!
I never said you were saidst, I said people who get pleasure from others pain are sadist, if that is who you are then so be it but I never accussed you of being one. Nor, at any stage, did I call you names. I never said that the tv show has any legal obligations (although they do have to obide by rules) but I think its more about moral obligation. Although these are discriminating views and themes shown in this show and can be banned from free television channels if it is refuted.
Who'd I call names, and where? I said people who find enjoyment out of others pain are saidists, never said you were one.
Made pleanty of sense. What I mean is that SHH cant control what children do after watching their show but they can impact on their decisions and influence what they choose to do. Didn't you hear about those teen fight clubs that started after that movie came out about teens in fight clubs? They didn't force kids to do it but it influenced their decisions. People died.
I was not attacking you personally. I was reffering to you the reader not you (charli) the user. The reader was whoever read it. Thats not personal. And those are all saidst things, similiar to parts of SHH
First of all rangas cop it a hell of a lot more than blonds. I dont believe shows like legally blond are ok either, but this is not a forum about that show, make one about it and ill do they same type of thing, this is about SHH and im dealing with whats wrong in its show. And yes, what we do is our choice but like I said earlier our environment can impact on what we do, our family, friends, and the MEDIA all impact on our decisions in life. Bullies dont start bullying coz they saw it on tv, your right, but thats not what I said, Im saying that if a bully seess it on tv, he might start teasing read heads as well and calling them rangas, adding it to the already bad list of things they would do... Once again, people dont always call red heads ranga in a purposely bad way, they might be meaning it as a joke (read story later)
This term already existed beefore the show. It only appeared in my life twice before the show and I never heard it use in my school until after this show aired, being friends with a ranga, he also didn't know of the term at all until the show aired. Thats when my sotyr starts:
Johny, as we will call him, and his mates watched SHH. The next day the went to school and said to ryan, who we will refer to the red head as, and stated "Sup ranga, You've benen Punk'd!, naah, im just jokin man.." Ryan replied "it's ok" now, im not sure if he was ok with it at first or not, but I knew after a while he wasn't. A whole lot of bad jokes and discrminating comments (that was triggered by the show) later, Ryan asked his mates to "Stop with the Ranga S*&% or Ill kick or ass!!" Maybe they shouldn;t have brought it up in the first place, maybe they should just have dropped it then, but they didn't. "oohh, rangas mad!" said Johny, last hing he said before he got a black bire three to four centimetres deep in his calf muscle, just missing the closest artery. Ryan snapped. They both ended up on police warning, one in hospital and couldn't move his leg for months, the "ranga" is the one person no-one wants to mess with and no-one talks to Johny. If they never saaw this show, none of this would have happened. Yeh sure they could and should have stopped themselves but if the show didn't start it everything would be fine. True story, although those weren't really names.

Back to the arguement... I never said that you said we werent equal, you are putting words in my mouth. And sorry, i dont believe in god. And no one chooses what you can watch except for the peo--- Omg, I just realised something. The people who choose whats played on tv are god! Im not choosing what everyone should watch, i just think it shouldn't be so discrimanatory.

Ok, I didn't call you any names at all, and Im also aggainst http://www.kkk.com (http://www.kkk.com) Check that site out and tell me if you think it should or shouldn't be aloud and then tell me how it is different to the TV show?
No, you cant win. Do you know wat obsessive compulsive disorder? (like on the show monk) I've got something very similiar except for I have to win everything and always get the last word.

tl;dr

Guess this board will be going for some time then :)

VirtualG
17-06-2009, 10:53 AM
tl;dr

Guess this board will be going for some time then :)
Yeh, it sux, gets me into soo much trouble, but I cant help it. Although Im good at tons of things because of it as I dont quit till im the best at what I want. Id +rep, but cant atm

Charli
17-06-2009, 11:37 AM

all i have to say to that are these.. :)

Ohh, and If i missed any points, please not them down, ill be happy to shame you again!
:eusa_clap

Now before i end this post I have to say....
SHAME!!!

I was going to attempt to draw some meaning out of the rest of your response but I couldn't get my head around the smorgasboard of spelling errors (this might be of interest to you (http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/English-Grammar-for-Dummies-good-spelling-and-grammar-936124_359_450.jpg)) . Save your physcho babble for someone else. The majority of viewers love the show. Don't like it? Think it discriminates and causes bullying? TURN OFF THE BOX.

eight
17-06-2009, 12:23 PM
at first it wasnt my cup of tea, but i grew to love it :)

Art
17-06-2009, 01:14 PM
In conclusion, I think Charli has won this little battle.

Battle ends here. :D

VirtualG
17-06-2009, 09:29 PM
[/B]
all i have to say to that are these.. :)

I was going to attempt to draw some meaning out of the rest of your response but I couldn't get my head around the smorgasboard of spelling errors (this might be of interest to you (http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/English-Grammar-for-Dummies-good-spelling-and-grammar-936124_359_450.jpg)) . Save your physcho babble for someone else. The majority of viewers love the show. Don't like it? Think it discriminates and causes bullying? TURN OFF THE BOX.

First of all, im not here to shame someone, I did, but that doesnt mean thats why im here. And once again, I dont think you've fully read my posts because if you have you would know that the show impacted badly on my life long before I watched the show, so turning off the box isn't an option when I havent turned it on. And yes, the majority of viewiers love this show, thats because the majority have been impacted by it. Thats why Im came to this aprt of the forum, only to criticised. But since all you can say to my last, enormous, post was that Im here to shame people and to turn off the TV and then launch a personal attack on my grammar, which you've asked me not to do to you several times. So are you implying Im a dummy? after all oppurtunities I could have just as well called you and teased you names but didn't because you asked me not to? In debating, if you resolt to personal attacks on the opposition, it means you've got nothing better to say about the actual topic. I have far better grammar then you, I just have more to do than sit at a computer so I rush through this, causing spelling errors. Also, once again, you might want to go back and re-read my last post because that still hasn't been refuted sufficiently so Im still on top. Got anything else to say? Im waiting...

In conclusion, I think Charli has won this little battle.

Battle ends here. :D
I never got the notice that its concluded... It's still going. I've still got plenty to say.

ToxicPaddy
17-06-2009, 10:04 PM
The show was amazing, wish it was still on BBC Three.

Verrou
19-06-2009, 06:57 AM
To the above idiots who have no life so they sit at their computers and argue with someone they don't even know.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j41/lonelyverd/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

But yeah I love the show.

19-06-2009, 10:24 AM
How can we put this in simple terms?

We find the ginger jokes etc etc etc etc etc on Summer Heights High FUNNY, what are you going to do about it?

Verrou
19-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Well to whoever -REPd me for the last comment, I don't care because it's true :)

Charli
19-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Well to whoever -REPd me for the last comment, I don't care because it's true :)

wasnt me..
but srsly.. its called debating.

VirtualG
20-06-2009, 03:38 AM

We find the ginger jokes etc etc etc etc etc on Summer Heights High FUNNY, what are you going to do about it?
What Im doing now... Duh. Btw, its called sadism when you enjoy others pain.

Well first of all, it aint true, second of all, thats another discriminating point of view. Oh and I didnt -rep you, I still have to wait from last time I gave you rep.

wasnt me..
Theres something I agree with you on.

VirtualG
20-06-2009, 03:57 AM

What Im doing now... Duh. Btw, its called sadism when you enjoy others pain.

Well first of all, it aint true, second of all, thats another discriminating point of view. Oh and I didnt -rep you, I still have to wait from last time I gave you rep.

wasnt me..
Theres something I agree with you on.

And this is mainly to do with the picture that Verrou posted but it can apply to many obvious things as well.

This is mainly targetted at verrou
That person is mentally disabled, so why do you tease him? My dad has a shoulder disability from protecting somebodies life in the cops, you gonna tease him? How bout those war hereos that suffer any disabilities, whether it be mental or physical, while protecting peoples lives, probably protecting yours too. So the only difference is that this "******ed" person is born with his mental illness and hasn't had a chance to prove what he can do, so all of a sudden its ok to tease him? If you think its ok to tease someone because they are different or aren't perfect then you can tease those injured veterans who saved your life because they are disabled, or you can tease people who have caught swine flu because their immune system isn't good enough, you can tease jews and people without blonde hair and blue eyes because their not the "perfect race", you can tease black people because they are black and aren't like you, you can tease indians because of the way they talk, you can tease red heads because they were born with red hair and freekles (seems kinda like hitle with you must have blue eyes and blond hair) and you can tease people born into poverty because they cant afford what you have. Why dont I tease you. Your obviously not perfect. I can tease you for being a hypocrit, for spending too much time on the computer, because your dont have blond hair, etc. (not that im particular saying any of those things are true or not, those are just my guesses) Racism is a form of discrimination. If you are discriminating your basically a racist. If you are, why dont you be a *****, dress up in white cloaks so nobody can see your face and gang up on races that aren't exactly white with some of your other kkk buddies. Go to this site if you think its ok do any of the things I said above because they are all discrimination: http://www.kkk.com (http://www.kkk.com/)

DONT BE RACIST, DONT DISCRIMINATE, NOT AS A JOKE, IT'S NOT OK, NO BODY IS PERFECT, BUT EVERYBODY IS EQUAL, NO BODY IS THE SAME, BUT WHAT THEY DONT HAVE THEY WILL MAKE UP FOR IN SOMETHING ELSE, IF YOU BAG SOMEBODY OUT THEN YOU SHOULD BAG YOURSELF OUT BECAUSE EVRYBODY IS EQUAL AND IN THE END WE ARE JUST MADE OF DUST.

Verrou
20-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Well you both are still http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5121/wordf.png for arguing about something as stupid as a TV show. If you don't like it, don't watch it. End of.

Blinger1
20-06-2009, 05:56 AM
Since we are talking about racism now, there was a good joke on Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay..

"Whats with the guy with the weird eyes? Is he handicapped or something?"
"No sir, we believe he is of Korean descent"

I can't believe you guys are still complaining about the orangutans (rangas)..

DJ-Ains.T
20-06-2009, 10:59 AM
*** is this arguement about?

20-06-2009, 01:24 PM
We are all into 'sadism' then darling, whether you like it not. You need to get over it, its not affecting you so stop worrying. You sound like someone who belongs in whitehall/the EU - constantly banning things like Christmas because it could upset minorities when the minorites dont give a toss either.

LuketheDuke
20-06-2009, 07:27 PM
We are all into 'sadism' then darling, whether you like it not. You need to get over it, its not affecting you so stop worrying. You sound like someone who belongs in whitehall/the EU - constantly banning things like Christmas because it could upset minorities when the minorites dont give a toss either.

Its a seperate whether you like it or not :)

Damn those European slimeballs! Taking all our hard earned money and flushing it down a giant toilet in Brussels! How could they, next thing they'll be doing is coming to our houses, sleeping with our wives and then walk stark naked down the high street hand in hand with several asylum seekers! *faint* :eusa_danc

Charli
20-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Well you both are still http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5121/wordf.png for arguing about something as stupid as a TV show. If you don't like it, don't watch it. End of.

i agree with the latter but im not ******ed you dweeb. please get off your high horse

VirtualG
21-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Well, first of all, Im not ******ed and neither is Charli, and second of all, if you have read any of my posts and not been so arogant then you would actually realise my problems isn't with me watching the show. So I suggest you either go back and read all my posts or stop making comments because you really sound stupid saying the same thing over and over when Ive allready pointed out that A your wrong and B thats not my problem anyway. Since no-body has actually refuted my earlier post, and has actually just gone with the same comments, Im waiting for a decent response, until then I believe that I am right as no-one else has anything better to say. Oh and verrou, at least Charli had made some decent enough comments along the way and did debate quite respectfully, you on the other hand just became very discrimanative, called us both ******s and made no proof or relevant points.

LipsLikeSugar
21-06-2009, 07:54 AM
my grandma watches this

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!