PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Press Conference

Wootzeh
02-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Discuss
Thread moved by PaulMacC (Forum Super Moderator): As it is more suited here.

Stitch
02-06-2009, 05:19 PM
The only thing I liked was the new Mario Galaxy game and that first Mario game looked quite fun when playing multiplayer. I already knew half of the stuff about motion plus because they showed it last year.

Wootzeh
02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
yup, very poor press conference by nintendo, really couldn't be assed to watch it, just listened to it in the background

Southe,
02-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Wasnt as bad as last year. I'll be buying New super mario bros, Galaxy 2, Metroid and possibly the Resident evil game.

Looking more forward to Sonys one

MrPinkPanther
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
yup, very poor press conference by nintendo
I actually dont see how? That Wii Vitality thing was a gimmick and the Wii going too far but they announced loads of "core" games.

How can you complain about:
New Super Mario Bros Wii - Up to 4 players
Golden Sun DS
Final Fantasy Wii
"Mature" Metroid
Super Mario Galaxy 2

As they said we wouldnt usually expect another 3D Mario on the wii. The only thing they could have done more is announced a New Legend of Zelda but considering they've got Mario and Metriod in there I don't see why they would.

PaulMacC
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
yup, very poor press conference by nintendo, really couldn't be assed to watch it, just listened to it in the background
Says it all really, you cant judge if you didnt watch it.
My thoughts ;; Nintendo's was okay, better than last year but Microsofts was better this year. Why the heck did the show Style Savvy, nobody wants to buy that. The new Metroid and Mario games look good though I was expecting an appearance from Pit or maybe Link on the Wii, Super Mario Galaxay 2 and Project M ftw. Also Conduit and Resident Evil look mint.

Wootzeh
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I meant I couldn't be bothered to watch it because it was so boring, ooo wow a wii vitality sensor yayyyyyy

MrPinkPanther
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Says it all really, you cant judge if you didnt watch it.
My thoughts ;; Nintendo's was okay, better than last year but Microsofts was better this year. Why the heck did the show Style Savvy, nobody wants to buy that. The new Metroid and Mario games look good though I was expecting an appearance from Pit or maybe Link on the Wii, Super Mario Galaxay 2 and Project M ftw. Also Conduit and Resident Evil look mint.
Personally I was expecting Zelda and Donkey kong. I prefer Mario to Zelda and Metroid to Donkey Kong so its all good :). The New Super Mario Bros Wii was just an added bonus. I think they catered for everyone. Old school players with NSMB, Hardcore Nintendo Fans with Mario Galaxy 2, "Core" players with Metroid and obviously the expanded market with Wii Fit Plus.

What gets on my nerves is Microsoft calling the wii a gimmick and they invent something similar but more gimmicky and its "revolutionairy". That said, I am intrested in MGS and the Fall of reach, not really the other stuff though.

Simmzay
02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Mario Galaxy gets a sequel, time to dust off my Wii.

PaulMacC
02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Personally I was expecting Zelda and Donkey kong. I prefer Mario to Zelda and Metroid to Donkey Kong so its all good :). The New Super Mario Bros Wii was just an added bonus. I think they catered for everyone. Old school players with NSMB, Hardcore Nintendo Fans with Mario Galaxy 2, "Core" players with Metroid and obviously the expanded market with Wii Fit Plus.

What gets on my nerves is Microsoft calling the wii a gimmick and they invent something similar but more gimmicky and its "revolutionairy". That said, I am intrested in MGS and the Fall of reach, not really the other stuff though.
Metroid... casual?
You've got it all wrong, Mario Galaxay is casual and Metroid is hardcore :/

MrPinkPanther
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Mario Galaxy gets a sequel, time to dust off my Wii.
And with Yoshi too :D

Metroid... casual?
You've got it all wrong, Mario Galaxay is casual and Metroid is hardcore :/
Re-read it. I said Hardcore Nintendo fans with Mario galaxy and "Core" players with Metroid.

Simmzay
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM
According to Miyamoto the Mario Galaxy sequel will be a lot more challenging.

MrPinkPanther
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Yep, sounds sweet. He also said the new Legend of Zelda for wii is due in 2010 and may require WiiMotionPlus. He wanted to show it at E3 but decided just to focus on developing it instead rather than spending time creating previews or playable demos.

He also said that Nintendo has its own motion developments in the works and said what Microsoft has done is "Nothing he hasn't seen before", hinting at the fact that Nintendo has already tried that approach.

PaulMacC
04-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Mario isnt for the hardcore, I find Mario appeals to all age groups while Metroid would appeal to the hardcore Nintendo crowd. Mario is the flagsman for Nintendo so he wouldnt be hardcore as he'd only appeal to a certain group.

MrPinkPanther
04-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Mario isnt for the hardcore, I find Mario appeals to all age groups while Metroid would appeal to the hardcore Nintendo crowd. Mario is the flagsman for Nintendo so he wouldnt be hardcore as he'd only appeal to a certain group.
I didn't say that atall. I said "Hardcore Nintendo fan" meaning people who love Nintendo like myself, of course other will play it but I think Nintendo had to announce a new Zelda or Mario to keep the "Hardcore Nintendo fans" happy, which is what they did. That was my point.

RedOktane
20-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I though Nintendo's PC was pretty good, but I'd like to see a new "franchise" (like zelda or some awsome shoot'em'up game). What do you think?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!