PDA

View Full Version : My iPhone has died?

Mint
02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
My friend rang me yesterday from his house, he was like "Kendall? Kendall..." then just put the phone down. He rang me again and still acted as if he couldn't hear me. So I rang him on my house phone and everything was ok, I just said that it was probably his house because since I got my iPhone (o2) I can't get any signal in his house. So my brother took us to the cinema, we watched the film and was ready to go home. I rang my brother and he couldn't hear me either! Had to use my mates phone. So after testing it again, I've come to the conclusion that there's something wrong with my iPhone. Whether it be the microphone or something else, I just don't know. Thanks in advance. :)

dirrty
02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
have you tried to restore it?
if that doesn't work then if its still under warranty, take it to apple.

Mint
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
have you tried to restore it?
if that doesn't work then if its still under warranty, take it to apple.

So your saying that it might be something to do with software? It's insured if that helps, had it for 15 months so is it still under warranty? I'd rather not restore it if it's not going to work for sure because I've only just jailbroke it lol. :(

[Chris]
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
It might have been the jailbreak its self.

Best would be to restore, Try it then and if its fine - re-jailbreak

Mint
02-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Just restored it, still exactly the same. Although I have found out that it works perfectly when I use loudspeaker, bus as soon as I turn loudspeaker off they can't hear me or sometimes hear my voice very quietly and crackly.

[Chris]
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Just restored it, still exactly the same. Although I have found out that it works perfectly when I use loudspeaker, bus as soon as I turn loudspeaker off they can't hear me or sometimes hear my voice very quietly and crackly.

Right, it must be a Hardware issue. Take it to the nearest apple store, See if they can do anything. Just keep it at default while you do (No jailbreak)

Mint
02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
;5831417']Right, it must be a Hardware issue. Take it to the nearest apple store, See if they can do anything. Just keep it at default while you do (No jailbreak)

This is what I'm going to do. :)

Kyle!
03-06-2009, 01:54 PM
If you've had it for 15 months then sorry to say but your stuffed. The warranty is only 12 months unless you bought AppleCare, and I had the exact same problem as you and I had to get a replacement, but because it was under warranty it was free, you're probably going to have to pay quite a lot. Sorry. :(

Wolverhampton
04-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Your stuffed, warranty lasts only 12 months, best you could do is go without a phone for a few months then upgrade to the next iPhone (when your upgrade is due)

Also, whoever suggested that the jailbreak broke his microphone is a complete div.

Homosexual
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
My iPod done this, basically, it's good for the dump.

Mint
04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
If you've had it for 15 months then sorry to say but your stuffed. The warranty is only 12 months unless you bought AppleCare, and I had the exact same problem as you and I had to get a replacement, but because it was under warranty it was free, you're probably going to have to pay quite a lot. Sorry. :(

Your stuffed, warranty lasts only 12 months, best you could do is go without a phone for a few months then upgrade to the next iPhone (when your upgrade is due)

Also, whoever suggested that the jailbreak broke his microphone is a complete div.

Lol, It has insurance. Considering this is my 4th iPhone, I'm sure they would be more than happy to replace another one if it got 'stolen' again like all my others did. :P Something that I have found very interesting is that it works perfectly on loudspeaker but as soon as I put it back on normal they cannot hear a sound but 2 out of 10 times they can hear tiny crackles of my voice. So if it only has 1 microphone that is used for both loudspeaker and normal speaker then it must be something to do with the software as the mic seems to be working fine.

Here are all my iPhone box's. :lol: This is the part where I get to show off with my amazing quality pictures took by my 28 mega pixel £4,000 camera. iPhone obvs. :P

http://uploadpicz.com/images/Z74JDFS.jpg

Indie-Dan
05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
My iPod done this, basically, it's good for the dump.

Thats because you can't phone people on it anyway eh. :rolleyes:

Wolverhampton
05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Lol@above.

didn't pick that up...:rolleyes:

blanky12!
06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Do you have applecare? Best way is to speak to apple about it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!