PDA

View Full Version : Wii Vitality Sensor is good?

MrPinkPanther
04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok when Nintendo announced the wiis vitality sensor we all had a good giggle. As I said in another thread, its Nintendo stepping too far with the expanded market. However I've now done a complete U-turn, this is perhaps the product I am most excited about.

Why am I excited about this? Well, I just read an interview with the CEO of Ubisoft and he said it brings the player closer to the game. The vitality sensor is able to detect things like stress, fear and excitement, I personally think this has endless possibilities for the gaming industry. For example in a Horror game if you get really scared when fighting a certain monster then the game knows what scares you and can use that creature more in the future. That to me sounds fantastic.

Wootzeh
04-06-2009, 04:47 PM
no, it's totally pointless.

MrPinkPanther
04-06-2009, 04:59 PM
no, it's totally pointless.
It's really not. It's another step towards virtual reality. It wont take off well enough with the wii because its not a peripheral that was included with the console from launch so only a minority will own it but for the next gen consoles I think it could be a valuable asset.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!