PDA

View Full Version : 3 Most instrumental companies in Video games history.

MrPinkPanther
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Ok so this is basically a thread for who you think has contributed most to the video games industry in its fairly expansive history. For me its gotta be:

Nintendo - Helped develop and popularise the industry in its earlier stages and has now expanded it to a new audience
SEGA - Like Nintendo it helped to get Videos games to where they are now with platforming legends like Sonic.
Rareware - Been in a bit of a decline recently but in its day it created classics with practically every game it released. It single handedly defined several different Genres such as FPS.
Anyway guys, so who do you think has contributed the most and why?

VelvetClover
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
idk Sony? They make playstations and stuff.

MrPinkPanther
04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
idk Sony? They make playstations and stuff.
How do you think Sony have contributed to the industry?

Oleh
06-06-2009, 08:57 AM
You meen influencial?

Probably sega

dbgtz
06-06-2009, 05:08 PM
i think nintendo because their consoles tend to be different in a much more obvious way.

Technologic
06-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I dunno, Sega by introducing the whole concept of online play for consoles....

PaulMacC
06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Nintendo, without them we wouldnt be here today playing our 360's and PS3's. Did anyone hear of the video game market crash with the Atari 5200, yeah the NES solved that problem with the genius marketing at Nintendo. Nintendo saved the gaming market and will always be the most instrumental company in gaming just for that.

Jord
06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
The first consoles If they wernt made I doubt we would have these ones today

Misawa
07-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Nintendo, Atari and Sega.

The Professor
14-06-2009, 12:19 AM
The first consoles If they wernt made I doubt we would have these ones today

I'd disagree, with the diversity of the early consoles and all the innovation that went into them, I don't think any of them had any real impact on the development of any of the others. The pong machines, the magnavox odyssey (sp?) and the Atari 2600 (as the only ones I can remember off the top of my head) all used completely different control systems, had different aims of the games and stuff like that, even if one of those companies did look at the other and thought "hey, thats a neat idea" they sure as hell didn't act on it!

I'd say the people that made guitar hero have been the most instrumental.

Robbie
14-06-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd disagree, with the diversity of the early consoles and all the innovation that went into them, I don't think any of them had any real impact on the development of any of the others. The pong machines, the magnavox odyssey (sp?) and the Atari 2600 (as the only ones I can remember off the top of my head) all used completely different control systems, had different aims of the games and stuff like that, even if one of those companies did look at the other and thought "hey, thats a neat idea" they sure as hell didn't act on it!

I'd say the people that made guitar hero have been the most instrumental.

:D

Anyway I'd say Naughty Dog for making the amazing Crash Bandicoot games before Sierra took over and made them awful, same with Rayman that was THE best game EVER by Ubisoft but now it's those piss-poor party games.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!