PDA

View Full Version : Best Tripple Boot?

Berch
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Well.

I have alot of crap on my PC atm and my partitions are all messy and stuff so I was going to just format and clean it all up and install Vista 64bit and Seven 64bit but than thought about tripple booting but couldn't think what I should put as the 3rd OS?

Mainly because I like a variety and being able to switch between this and that when I like I was also about to install 7201 build of seven I think couldn't remember it's number and didn't want to go find the thread and come back because it's the newest of course and I saw from Jewish Bear's screenshot it has apparently an awesome default background which I liked but that's not the main reason might not even be from that build. But anyway back to the point of which OS should the 3rd installation be people?

Thankies.

Recursion
05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
That background wasn't default..... was is? :S LOL

Ummm you could try out Vista 64, Windows 7201(?) 64 and Ubuntu?

Chippiewill
05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
XPU (http://www.winxpu.info/) , se7en (7201) and some form of linux (Most likely ubuntu)

hamheyelliot
05-06-2009, 09:32 PM
XP for old time's sake?

Berch
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
That background wasn't default..... was is? :S LOL

Ummm you could try out Vista 64, Windows 7201(?) 64 and Ubuntu?

I dunno! LOL

I probably read it wrong I saw Windows 7 and default and put the sentence together in my head didn't really carry on reading :P

If i installed Ubtuntu wouldn't I need to install a custom boot loader to be able to boot between the 3 never done one of those before probably easy but never done one always just installed 7 last on my previous Vista, XP, 7 tripple boot and didn't have to do anything.

Recursion
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Ubuntu will automatically sort all that out :)

Berch
05-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Ubuntu will automatically sort all that out :)

It would? Awesome.

What order should I install them in if I was to do that and install Vista, 7 and Ubuntu.

Recursion
05-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Vista, 7, Ubuntu./

Blob
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
If you want to still use windows bootloader after installing ubuntu if you download the EasyBCD Beta 2.0 you can edit the bootloader to how you want (replace the mbr, boot off linux, mac, windows, unix, and off different drives i think)

make sure its the 2.0 beta as the old versions dont work with the new ubuntu

[Chris]
05-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Vista, 7 And Hackintosh?

Mentor
05-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm generally not a big fan of duel/tri boot as you end up just useing one of the O/s's anyway, my suggestion would be to try and combine some of them. Obviously abilty to do this with windows o/s's is pretty limited, but for example, there are a number of ways you can now run a ubuntu o/s on top of a currenlty running windows one, from straightforward virtusation to the Colinux Kernel ect.
Means you can use both at once without having to swicth (although may be slower if your hardware isnt up to the job)

http://portableubuntu.demonccc.cloudius.com.ar/
Is new but looks interesting on this front :)

Chippiewill
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I think there is a linux compatibility overlay thingy that can be dled for windows...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!