PDA

View Full Version : Could i do this?

Luke
06-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Right, I have two HDD's. I can't setup RAID0 on them, cause they're completely different.

However, could i make it, so say HDD1 (C:\) has /Windows and /Documents and Settings on and HDD2 (D:\) has /Program Files on.

So, perhaps, i could edit the registry or something, so by default, program files is on D:\?

If you get what i mean

Thanks
Luke

N!ck
06-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, but you can't move programs to there that are already installed on your C drive. When installing new software you need to follow the "custom installation" options which allows you to manually select where you want to install it to. Make sure you have the relevant Program Files folders already created.

Luke
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, but you can't move programs to there that are already installed on your C drive. When installing new software you need to follow the "custom installation" options which allows you to manually select where you want to install it to. Make sure you have the relevant Program Files folders already created.

So I'd have to do it manually every time, i can't set something to set it automatically?

What if, i were to edit the registry setting ProgramFilesDir

Also, i'm going to be doing a clean install of windows

N!ck
06-06-2009, 01:11 PM
So I'd have to do it manually every time, i can't set something to set it automatically?

What if, i were to edit the registry setting ProgramFilesDir

Also, i'm going to be doing a clean install of windows

I don't know, I've never had the urge to do what you're trying.

Stephen!
06-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah you'll have to do it manually. But it's not hard, all you need to do is change the drive letter in the installer which takes half a second.

Luke
06-06-2009, 03:37 PM
I manged to do it, i edited the registry so i don't have to do custom on installers, it's automatic.

Much more space now :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!