PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a web developer.

Ladygaga
07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Hello,

I'm looking for a web developer to help me with a project. The project entails you to make a shopping mall type thing. E-commerce. I have no colour schemes etc. I only have a name, which I will discuss with you prior to the development.

A meeting will be arranged with the person who is picked for the job and payment will be discussed.

Payment is going to be around £10 to £75. This depends on how well the project is done. If anyone has any better ideas like, a years VPS or something, Give me a shout.

If you're interested, Add me on MSN. [email protected].

:)

Excellent2
07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
You won't get a shopping basket for £10-75.

Protege
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Could just buy one, why pay for something to be re-created when you could just buy one and customize it? You can get them free too.

Spend the £75 on a years VPS and use a free commerce script, you can part some of the £75 for a design to be made.

Ladygaga
07-06-2009, 05:59 PM
If I use one already made, then its not really unique? and i am willing to go a little higher on the budget if needs be.

Johno
07-06-2009, 06:08 PM
The whole point in pre-made systems is that you can modify them to suit your personal needs, why shell out this cash when you can get a free one and just modify it (where be it by adding more stuff or making it look nicer)

If you are worried about it being unique then there is a problem because its not necessarily the system that makes an e-commerce system unique, its the goods they sell.

Source
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
A custom system/design for e-commerce is going to be a lot higher than £100

Protege
07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Depends if you get someone on Habbox to make it.

On these steps. I'd know it take me 15 days if I worked hard but say a average "php developer" 30 days

Working for a whole day, cost you £75.00-120.00

Admin area [with the ability to change skins] ( 10 days )
Public appearance with customizations ( 15 days )
Testing ( 2 days )
Alterations ( 2 days )
Final Testing ( Day )

Costs:
30 days: £2,250-£3,600
15 Days: £1,125-£1,800

You best start saving now.

or, you could buy a ready made one.

Note: £75.00 isn't a big budget to "web developers", its like pocket change to us.

Ladygaga
08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
The budget is cheap, I originally thought i'd be able to get a cracking deal on the forum.

I think I'm gonna use a free one, customize is and see how it goes.

If not, Protege, £1,125 for 15 days. Add me on MSN.

Protege
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't take on your project because its not a "challenge" to me. Id advise you take on a free one and just customize it cause you'll get the best results from that. Try different ones and play around, they have been programmed around people who use ecommerce and they have put in the features people want. If you really want a cheap deal you could try "scriptlance.com" and look for a freelancer, but you'll probably get some Indian with crap coding.

Anyway, Good luck.

Excellent2
08-06-2009, 09:42 AM
The budget is cheap, I originally thought i'd be able to get a cracking deal on the forum.

I think I'm gonna use a free one, customize is and see how it goes.

If not, Protege, £1,125 for 15 days. Add me on MSN.The only cracking deal you will get is a scam. No decent developer would even think about coding that system for no more than £900+ I'm sure.

lick
08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't take on your project because its not a "challenge" to me. Id advise you take on a free one and just customize it cause you'll get the best results from that. Try different ones and play around, they have been programmed around people who use ecommerce and they have put in the features people want. If you really want a cheap deal you could try "scriptlance.com" and look for a freelancer, but you'll probably get some Indian with crap coding.

Anyway, Good luck.

Why tell him your prices if you ain't gunna do it for him lol

Also Ladygaga are you rich are something
Your gonna pay 1k for something, and your the person who paid full price for web-scripts then sold them for a cut price, and you also bought donate for loads of people before lol.

Protege
08-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I never said I was going to do it and I said "15 days" would be the time it would take me.

Ladygaga
08-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Why tell him your prices if you ain't gunna do it for him lol

Also Ladygaga are you rich are something
Your gonna pay 1k for something, and your the person who paid full price for web-scripts then sold them for a cut price, and you also bought donate for loads of people before lol.

No comment :)

I never said I was going to do it and I said "15 days" would be the time it would take me.

You said it would take you 15 days :/ Also to your past post. You wouldn't do my project because it nots not challenging enough? What the hell?

Sam
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Eugh i'd do it but:

1. I don't trust you.
2. I don't believe you'd pay that sort of cash for someone on a teenage forum to do it, when you could go to http://www.sitepoint.com and get a professional to do it.

;)

Excellent2
08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Eugh i'd do it but:

1. I don't trust you.
2. I don't believe you'd pay that sort of cash for someone on a teenage forum to do it, when you could go to http://www.sitepoint.com and get a professional to do it.

;)Then you ask for half upfront or he don't get his system :P

Sam
08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I suppose. But this is a teenage forum filled with greedy teenagers. Anyone could send him some examples of work that isn't theirs and ask for half the payment and run away. He just seems too... carefree. Personally i'd never trust a kid to do a project like what he wants.

Which is why i slipped in the link for a professional forum in my last post. Well... professional in the sense that tons of projects like this are advertised there

Excellent2
08-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I suppose. But this is a teenage forum filled with greedy teenagers. Anyone could send him some examples of work that isn't theirs and ask for half the payment and run away. He just seems too... carefree. Personally i'd never trust a kid to do a project like what he wants.

Which is why i slipped in the link for a professional forum in my last post. Well... professional in the sense that tons of projects like this are advertised thereYeah I agree with you. There is a few who could do it.. I'll name some.

Protege
You (Sam)
Mentor
Dentafrice
Invent!

DeejayMachoo$
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah I agree with you. There is a few who could do it.. I'll name some.

Protege
You (Sam)
Mentor
Dentafrice
Invent!
Machoo

Yeah i agree there, umm ladygaga add me to msn and we can talkabout this.. [email protected]

Ladygaga
09-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm gonna use a freelancer.

lick
09-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna use a freelancer.

You should use DeejayMachoo, i think he codes for habbox

Source
09-06-2009, 02:37 PM
You should use DeejayMachoo, i think he codes for habbox

Because that really makes him an awesome coder for secure transaction systems, carts etc...

Excellent2
09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Because that really makes him an awesome coder for secure transaction systems, carts etc...Took the keys from my finger tips.

I don't know Djaymachoo but I have seen him around these parts before.

Protege
09-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I havent seen anything hes coded, so my opinion is that he can't code or can but not very securely/successfully (eg: Calon).

Invent
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd charge around £1680 at a bare minimum a script of this sort. (£30 p/h for a 7-day week).

Skajo
09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd charge around £1680 at a bare minimum a script of this sort. (£30 p/h for a 7-day week).
Silly. Sorry Simon but that's stupid - professional digital media company down my end does a full website for £800 inc. scripts/design/hosting/domain etc. Done within 2 weeks. Fair play to you though if people pay you that money I don't blame you for charging that much.

Excellent2
09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
I havent seen anything hes coded, so my opinion is that he can't code or can but not very securely/successfully (eg: Calon).
I think he's the one behind the habbo site panel, not sure.

Invent
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Silly. Sorry Simon but that's stupid - professional digital media company down my end does a full website for £800 inc. scripts/design/hosting/domain etc. Done within 2 weeks. Fair play to you though if people pay you that money I don't blame you for charging that much.Adam, £30 per hour is a respected hourly rate for a good PHP developer. It's no-where near stupid.

Excellent2
09-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Silly. Sorry Simon but that's stupid - professional digital media company down my end does a full website for £800 inc. scripts/design/hosting/domain etc. Done within 2 weeks. Fair play to you though if people pay you that money I don't blame you for charging that much.How is it stupid? Freelancers can charge that sort of money per hour.

Protege
09-06-2009, 06:47 PM
£30-50 p/d is a good "cheap" rate for a good developer. Any lower isnt worth the hassle, unless they're Indian.

Skajo
09-06-2009, 06:49 PM
How is it stupid? Freelancers can charge that sort of money per hour.
Because for almost half the money you're getting a better service from a quality company with years of experience and knowledge. Like I said, fair play if you're getting the work I don't blame you.

Invent
09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Because for almost half the money you're getting a better service from a quality company with years of experience and knowledge. Like I said, fair play if you're getting the work I don't blame you.

Adam, the fact they are charging almost half the cost of an average price for this sort of script brings the fact that they know what they're doing into dispute.

Skajo
09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I'd tell everyone else charging the same/more than you as welll - fair play but it's steep, especially in today's economic climate. I mean, £30p/h when lorry drivers can't even get work on £6p/h. I thought network technicians got paid a lot for doing next to nothing, lol. £45.50 an hour + bonuses - and you do hardly anything most of the time.

Fair play, and your work is solid so I praise you for your business plan to be honest. I'm just saying if I would, I'd tell all freelancers they're robbing *******s ;)

j2jcs
09-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Somebody mentioned companies charging £800 for packages. I think that it needs to pointed out that generally, these companies make a generic eCommerce script, which they may "tweak", that they use for each of their clients. They can charge less because each transaction pays a small part of the cost for making the script, if you see what I mean?

RYANNNNN
09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
i ******* love this forum.

Source
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I'd tell everyone else charging the same/more than you as welll - fair play but it's steep, especially in today's economic climate. I mean, £30p/h when lorry drivers can't even get work on £6p/h. I thought network technicians got paid a lot for doing next to nothing, lol. £45.50 an hour + bonuses - and you do hardly anything most of the time.

Fair play, and your work is solid so I praise you for your business plan to be honest. I'm just saying if I would, I'd tell all freelancers they're robbing *******s ;)

What's the media company you speak of? I would be interested in getting a quote from them for a custom e-commerce solution.

Protege
10-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Its called "Adammm's Media Company", Contact him via Habbox, the owner is Adammm

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!