GoldenMerc
07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Well im trying to put something into a iframe, i used this code;

<html>

<frameset cols="10%">
<frame src="http://www.google.com" />
</frameset>

</html>

Although i took the html tags out, it was in a div but it doesnt seem to work can anyone help

Mentor
07-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Thats becuse the code above is for a normal frame as opposed to an inline one. Normal frames unlike inline frames are as the name may suggest not inline.

Iframe code is

<iframe src ="somepage.htm" width="100%" height="300">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
</iframe>

GoldenMerc
07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
yay that works, is there any way i can narrow the preview, also it cracks up my divs at the top :o

Mentor
07-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Not entirely sure what you mean by narrow the preview, but ajusting the width/height will allow you to change the iframes size?

GoldenMerc
07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Nah, it should be fine. just looks dodgy now with the transparency, trying to find how to make it so there's no transparency when the iframe begins then after the transparency continues :P

Mentor
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
So you want the iframe transparnt or not transparnt? if you want a set background i belive you need to set it specificly in the thing your displaying within the iframe... that or to make a background a specific colour, unset it in the iframed object and instead add it in to the div that conatins the iframe?

I've not used em in a while so dont realy remeber this stuff very well. frameborder="0" removes the border if that helps though? :p

GoldenMerc
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks Mentor :D

GoldenMerc
07-06-2009, 07:04 PM
kk need your help again
http://www.octaviusrossassociates.co.uk/
professional details >> click bps logo
it does that, how would i do that, iv tried the iframe you gave me and now its leaving a space at the left, im pretty much wanting my background to end after the navbar :P
Ross

GoldenMerc
07-06-2009, 08:48 PM
may aswel just go for triple post lol, im wanting the bg body to end when it gets to the iframe iv tried ending the html and the body tags and its not working. any ideas?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!