PDA

View Full Version : All you newsgroupers give me a hand.

Robbie
07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
OK heres the deal, I've been using Astraweb for ages yeah and it's great BUT recently it's messed up with whatever NZB program I use, and my net is still at 22meg, just nzbin' is whack y0.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mxpoxl.jpg

All different kinds of wacky and wonderful files and programs, same probs, even on SSL, EU and Non-EU servers. IS ANYONE ELSES ASTRAWEB COLLAPSING BEFORE THEIR EYES? I'm usually cruisin' at like 7000KB/s

Johno
07-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Probably more to do with my net than anything but since I signed up its been pretty terrible (I spoke to you on msn about it). Unfortunately, I cant be much more help but possibly try contacting them?

Tomm
07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I've been having speed problems with my Astrawebs account today.

Recursion
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Could your ISP be throttling p2p connections?

Edit: ah nevermind, same goes for everyone by the looks of it XD

N!ck
07-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Could your ISP be throttling p2p connections?

Edit: ah nevermind, same goes for everyone by the looks of it XD

Usenet isn't P2P. And he's on Be* who never filter any P2P traffic, namely because as far as I am aware they don't actually have the equipment/technology installed to do that :D.

Tomm
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Plus you can configure it to use SSL over port 443 so it looks like any old secure traffic ;)

Usenet isn't P2P. And he's on Be* who never filter any P2P traffic, namely because as far as I am aware they don't actually have the equipment/technology installed to do that :D.

Flisker
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Good old Be* :) Gotta love them.

Agnostic Bear
07-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Astraweb is indeed having problems, I wonder what's causing them!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!