PDA

View Full Version : Laptop

Shrlurp
07-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Probably not right place,

Thinking of a new laptop and I was liking the dell studio 17, the top range one.

Good or bad?

Ta

GeekSRV
09-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Speaking from experience after having 2 Dell Laptops, one 2 years ago and currently using one now, i'd recommend you to look at another brand.

Dan!
10-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Speaking from experience after having 2 Dell Laptops, one 2 years ago and currently using one now, i'd recommend you to look at another brand.

Really?? ive never found a problem with my Dell laptop, its best laptop ive ever had :8

Chippiewill
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Dear lord, for one thing all high range Dell products suck, I got an XPS laptop, it broke, it got fixed, it broke again in the same way, fixed, broke yet again the same way, fixed, gfx broke on day of repair, gfx still didn't work after repair, fixed, disc drive broke, fixed, hdd corrupted, gave up and got a HP laptop which worked and was far cheaper.

My Mum also got a Dell Desktop, also sucks, it is:

Slow
Crashes easily
Barely runs XP even with it's superior specs over my laptop which runs vista...

Not to mention the amount of times I had to do a standard laptop check, even when I had supplied the message in the initial email. They needed it again and again and again, then they tell me everything I have done already and finally after a week of slow reply emails they finally send out an engineer to replace whatever part I had identified was faulty in the first place... and they don't even do Saturdays (On most of their products)

Shrlurp
10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
good feedback for dell laptops then :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!