PDA

View Full Version : Why you shouldn't use *****

raspberrys
08-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Taken off FoE boards.

As you may or may not know. ***** is a modified RuneScape client. Meaning it is not the same webclient \ download-able client from JaGeX. Now, Jagex can tell if a client connecting to their servers is theirs or not... which is why deobfuscating the client for private servers is so dangerous. Now, I am not sure how many of you have any experience in forum management, so I will put it into the best terms I can. When the servers detect the foreign client connecting, they send a "report abuse" to the Jagex forums \ logs (where all report abuses are set).

Take a look at Sythe's abuse forum:

http://www.sythe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=253 (http://%22http//www.sythe.org/forumdisplay.php?f=253%22)
^ It isnt so bad because Sythe staff did a purge* lately.
* a purge is a cleaning out.

Now, some of you might be wondering "If Jagex knows I am macroing, why am I not banned?" The answer is for one of a few reasons:

[LIST]
Jagex hasn't seen your report yet.
Jagex is waiting for you to achieve something great (maxed stats, a 99, etc) so the ban "stings" more.
Your report was washed away and is somewhere on the last pages.
They deleted your report on accident.

Proof of the achieving something great: I am the reason Defil3d is banned. I asked Chelsea to test out a new script someone posted, to verify it.. She said "Eh, I don't use defil3d anymore, I'll test on that." 15 minutes later, she was banned... mostly cause Jagex knew her account was maxed, famous, and she didn't use it much.

Proof that your account might be on the last pages: Say someone reports you for rule 1. But at the same time, all over rs, people are getting reported for other things, all the reports go in as a "New thread" kind of thing, so those new reports go to the top of the queue, pushing your account farther and farther back... they might see it, but then go back up to reason #2 (wait for it 2 get something good)

But one thing is certain, the second your account logs on using *****, it is flagged, if you don't believe me... go to: "C:\WINDOWS\.jagex_cache_32\" and decrypt your .dat file, if the "Flagged = Flagged > -1" then your account is flagged.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but Jagex purges the abuse reports every 3-6 months (which is why you may get an offense MONTHS after you commit it...) I am also sorry to say if you used *****, your account may be at risk...

As of Cache version 546, speljohan FINALLY took my advice and changed *****... Kind of... he semi-listened to me, but if you recently started botting, I think you are safe. If you botted on caches before 546. You are screwed.

Callum.
08-06-2009, 07:58 AM
read that the other day. you always run the risk when you bot, so not suprising

raspberrys
08-06-2009, 09:06 AM
read that the other day. you always run the risk when you bot, so not suprising

yeah its nothing new really, if you bot you risk getting banned.

just showing that ***** can get you banned though, no matter what people say about ***** being undetectable.

IceNineKills
08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
bhuaa got banned at 92 wc ;[

Bun
08-06-2009, 01:10 PM
never botted anyway. :8

hence the **** stats.

engaged
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
i used to suicide bot lol, just bot 24/7 until you get banned - if you're lucky you dont get banned and you have great stats lol

Wolverhampton
09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Read on ***** forums the other week, that ***** sends to the server that the client has been opened using FireFox, which fools Jagex into thinking it's a legit user...

Anyway, I've been botting for 2 and a half weeks, no ban... TBH Jagex won't ban most people on P2P as it's rolling in money for them, and it's not exactly harming the game play as it the items don't get RWT.

Callum.
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Read on ***** forums the other week, that ***** sends to the server that the client has been opened using FireFox, which fools Jagex into thinking it's a legit user...

Anyway, I've been botting for 2 and a half weeks, no ban... TBH Jagex won't ban most people on P2P as it's rolling in money for them, and it's not exactly harming the game play as it the items don't get RWT.

like the guy says, they keep the logs for 3-6 months, so you could stop and 5 months later get banned

Wolverhampton
09-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I doubt they keep logs of where we connect from, that would surely invoke copyright infringement.

Callum.
09-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I doubt they keep logs of where we connect from, that would surely invoke copyright infringement.

how lol, explain, or are you just using terms you don't know about.

Oleh
09-06-2009, 02:59 PM
i dont think keeping logs of where we connect from can really do anything, if say i go to a few mates houses and play runescape, and they ban me, that isnt very good on their behalf, cause im accessing it

Wolverhampton
09-06-2009, 03:02 PM
besides, even if you did connect to rs via *****, that's not 100% saying that the person that is using it is botting.

even though 99% of the time they are, not all of them actually will.

Callum.
09-06-2009, 03:03 PM
besides, even if you did connect to rs via *****, that's not 100% saying that the person that is using it is botting.

even though 99% of the time they are, not all of them actually will.

you're still connecting through a third party client, which is why SS had to change.

Wolverhampton
09-06-2009, 03:04 PM
fair say, but then ***** should just change it to where you have to go to the rs homescreen, like ss does.

Callum.
09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
people have suggested it but they haven't added it

Havoline
09-06-2009, 10:00 PM

that doesnt make sense atall ?

Wolverhampton
09-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, sorry, I obviously didn't mean copyright infringement, lol@me.

Imnotpure
10-06-2009, 03:11 PM
meh lol

Jord
11-06-2009, 08:36 AM

Clearly you dont know about the trading limit?

And what is this

"As of Cache version 546, speljohan FINALLY took my advice and changed *****... Kind of... he semi-listened to me, but if you recently started botting, I think you are safe. If you botted on caches before 546. You are screwed."

Is 546 the newest update?

Wolverhampton
11-06-2009, 10:33 AM
No 549 is the newest.

raspberrys
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
i dont think keeping logs of where we connect from can really do anything, if say i go to a few mates houses and play runescape, and they ban me, that isnt very good on their behalf, cause im accessing it

Its the point that when you connect through ***** they will log it, because ***** is a modified client.

meh, you probably won't get banned anyway if you've used it.

Jord
12-06-2009, 05:59 AM
then i should be alright

Wolverhampton
12-06-2009, 08:47 AM
There was a mass banning about 6.00pm last night for people botting, about 1,000 people who ran bots got banned, I didn't get banned though, did anyone else?

ElliottThompson
12-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, sorry, I obviously didn't mean copyright infringement, lol@me.
rofl I was gunna say, the only thing it could come under is data protection as companies are only allowed to keep peoples personal data for as long as needed and then it should be disposed of afterwards but even then still... they may not be keeping your "personal" data which I doubt it is because then runescape has a duty to recite all the data being stored back to you if requested in a written letter. Also 3-6 months is definately a reasonable amount of time to keep your data if they are disposing of it afterwards.

BTW I have done a whole course in legislation at college :)

Callum.
12-06-2009, 09:24 AM
you are talking about it like they are keeping personal files. they are keeping where you connect from (***** client etc).

Wolverhampton
12-06-2009, 10:00 AM
did anyone get banned during the mass bannage last night?

ElliottThompson
12-06-2009, 01:09 PM
you are talking about it like they are keeping personal files. they are keeping where you connect from (***** client etc).
I clearly said that they may not be keeping your "personal" data, but you know your IP address and connection information can be deemed as personal info.

Oleh
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Is it in the rules that you cant use a modified client to check up on your xpees and stuff?

Callum.
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Is it in the rules that you cant use a modified client to check up on your xpees and stuff?

many sites offer xp tracking, that's not using a modified client.

:shauniie
20-06-2009, 11:07 PM
whats the point in using bots tho there a waste of time you should do it yourself then you know you have actually achived something.

xpro25
22-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Wow guys keeping data think data protection act think how long files on that kind of data.

Wow i gonna email jagex and ask for wat data they got on me they have to give it me its the law

hehe

xron89...
1) **** noob
2)etc..

LOL!

J0SH
22-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Lol yeah you shouldnt use it, even with the built in anti-ban I have been banned.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I was a lucky one, I didn't get banned... :O

xpro25
22-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I was a lucky one, I didn't get banned... :O

you still can be banned its jsut a waiting game

Wolves
22-06-2009, 03:23 PM
yeh true, but they won't ban everyone who bots, they can't afford to.

Mint
22-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm staying well away from ***** now.

Vennal
22-06-2009, 08:24 PM
whats the point in using bots tho there a waste of time you should do it yourself then you know you have actually achived something.

Go play Habbo.

On another note, I only use ***** on a level 3 I created for fun. Multi-log with one and play the other legit. Havent got banned, 2 weeks in :)

Wolves
22-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Same, I've been botting for the past two weeks since the ''mass'' ban, and I've not been banned.

I don't think I will for a bit, anyway, only until I get a 99, then they will.

Just bot wisely (less than 7hours a day) and you're safe.

infatuation
22-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I quit botting, after the fisher I used stopped working, I got two wc levels then just gave up. If I get banned, oh well, it's just a game.

Wolves
22-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Exactly, none-botters have no life, I have a life which is why I use the bot (leave it on all day whilst i'm out, come back and I have made 181822bill !!)

Exaggerating obviously, but yeah, tiz what I do.

infatuation
22-06-2009, 11:36 PM
I did that when I was out and about too. The fisher just screwed up, so I gave up.

Vennal
23-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Exactly, none-botters have no life, I have a life which is why I use the bot (leave it on all day whilst i'm out, come back and I have made 181822bill !!)

Exaggerating obviously, but yeah, tiz what I do.

So true, you risk your account but its a game. Its either give up your life and risk getting hacked etc .. or just make a program do all the hard work WHILEST having a normal life, being able to go out everyone hour of the day.

Wolves
23-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Yeah don't get me wrong but I like to play RS legit, just when I don't go out, but I go put like 3/4 days of the school week from 9am-10pm (including school), which gives me plenty of time when I get back from school to put the bot on for 6 hours until I get back in.

xpro25
23-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow well i posted here saying i am not banned

Sadly to say i am now

i have only lost 234mil Cash including items

i have lost a lvl 108 cb with 1900ish overall

99 wc, 99 fish, 99 range, 99 mage,

Kinda sucks

Well now i trying to buy an account need paypal

Kyle
23-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow well i posted here saying i am not banned

Sadly to say i am now

i have only lost 234mil Cash including items

i have lost a lvl 108 cb with 1900ish overall

99 wc, 99 fish, 99 range, 99 mage,

Kinda sucks

Well now i trying to buy an account need paypal

just bot another

Vennal
23-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Unfortunatly the risks of botting my friend.

IceNineKills
24-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Not really bothered about jagex upgrading their systems or whatever they do, i've had 2 10 day bans on Aegyptos during my 1 - 99 botting spree and still not permed yet. Autoed a number of levels on 27121990, still no ban yet.

might aswell just keep botting.

Vennal
25-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Not really bothered about jagex upgrading their systems or whatever they do, i've had 2 10 day bans on Aegyptos during my 1 - 99 botting spree and still not permed yet. Autoed a number of levels on 27121990, still no ban yet.

might aswell just keep botting.

Thats the spirit :)

IceNineKills
26-06-2009, 09:39 AM
yh but i havn't botted in like 3 months and my ***** is out-dated :(.

Vennal
03-07-2009, 04:37 AM
^ Lol update it then. Just to update, got banned on Vennal - 9M Networth, 78 Fishing loads of other crap gone. Oh well :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!