PDA

View Full Version : Help installing SIMS 3 +REP

MeRkAgE
09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I am trying to install Sims 3 but it says there are a few problems with my computer :

Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent]. You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz - How can i improve it?

System RAM Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM] You Have: 510 MB - Any way i can get the memory required?

Video RAM required - 128MB, you have 96MB
Pixel shader version required 2.0, you have 0.0

THOSE ARE THE PROBLEMS I HAVE, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?

Flamedragon3
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I share one of the problems you have, and that is that I need a 128MB Video Card. I'm afraid the only way to get this, is by buying one from an electrical store such as PC World or Amazon. If you have a laptop I'm afraid that you can't buy one for it, where as you can buy one for your computer.

I guess I'm just going to have to see what the cost will be and whether it is worth it, as it is about £20-£30 on amazon, but I don't know what the installation may cost if I need someone to install it for me...

EDIT - I've also heard that apparently it may be best to get a video card with more than 128MB, as if its this short, the graphics may be quite bad to the standard that they could be.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!