PDA

View Full Version : Change in sprites to come

-:Undertaker:-
11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
http://www.iaza.com/work/090612C/habbobeta19876.bmp

As you can see from the above (large images thanks to Mr-Trainor), when habbo BETA is implemented on all hotels, the images when you click on a item are also to change, you can see the smaller image of the Throne is the current image, and the image Habbox use but that is to change to the image on the right (the images are going to get larger).

Habbox will most likely have to change all our images to these larger images to avoid confusion/possible scamming, and it won't be an option eventually as when a super rare is given out, the only image we will be able to get of that item is from clicking on it whilst it is in a room.

Do you think Habbo changing these images and the style of the game itself in general, make Habbo better or worse?

Personally i'm looking forward to the larger screen and I think the sprites also look better, the game in general does from the BETA pictures I have seen. It should also help stop scamming really, as over the years as rares have become more complicated, the images have often been cut down/changed in style to the actual rare.

Here at Habbox though, we must have over 1,000+ images to change. :P

Mr-Trainor
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I think it's a good change, sprites are now clearer (btw they are now the size of that peice of furniture in a large size guest room).

Special
11-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't think it will make a massive differance if you leave the images how they are personally

Mr-Trainor
11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Personally I think it will make a big difference if the images are left how they are, look at the height difference in the ice penguin trophy, for example. Very big difference.

And if the blue/gold/black/red/purple laser sprites are kept as they are now, then the aqua laser is given out, the sprite will be different and people may think it's a different size, causing scamming attempts.

-:Undertaker:-
11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
If we left them as they are, it would mean all old rares being small and the newer rares being larger, thus stretching the page. As Luke said, all new supers aswell will be a problem and we already get complaints over names of rares, so imagine the complaints over a rare facing a certain way or looking different.

Mr-Trainor
12-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Just to let you know, after testing if the new and large sprites will be able to fit into the habbox values pages, the table did expand when we added the big ben:
http://uploadpicz.com/images/ZVIH72Q.png

JACKTARD
13-06-2009, 07:40 PM
personally, i think it's a great change, it makes everything clearer and, as you said, can help to prevent scamming

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!