PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Mini Moto? You a expert? Help me!

Sam-VisualVPS
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey there, Just bought a Mini Moto..

I have added fuel including oil in the tank, turn the switches on.. and try to pull it.. Works for a second but fails again sadly.

Any help?

Thanks

Moved by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Thread moved from 'Discuss Anything' as its more appropriate here.

Mint
11-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey there, Just bought a Mini Moto..

I have added fuel including oil in the tank, turn the switches on.. and try to pull it.. Works for a second but fails again sadly.

Any help?

Thanks

Make sure your petrol filter has petrol inside it, if it's new then the spark plugs shouldn't need cleaning.

Joshuarr
11-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Right, Where did you buy it? and How much did it cost? Because quality matters.
Also, Do you use/Do you know how to use the choke on the Carbeurator?
To start the bike, Open the choke, Allow the bike to warm up before closing the choke otherwise it will bog out and die.
Additionally. The carb may need tuning. It may be set to allow more air in than is needed and again will make the engine cut out.. Tuning a carb is a job which requires patience and trial and error.
As someone said if it is new the spark plugs shouldnt be spoiled and it wouldnt start for a while if the spark plugs were knackered anyway.
I'd imagine it doesnt have gears and has a centrifugal clutch which works with springs which are attached to shoes and as the engine increases its RPM the shoes spread outwards and engages a drum around them, which, in turn, engages the chain which makes the wheel go round, If the springs are too lose, the shoes engage too early and will start to pull the bike along almost automatically and if your holding the breaks or have your feet down it could make it die aswell.
You also need to check that the exhaust isnt blocked by something, so when you try to pull start it, Make sure there is some sort of gas coming out of the back, you can do that by holding your palm about an inch from the exhaust.
If nothings coming out then the exhaust may be blocked and that would mean exhaust fumes are going back into the Cylinder and therefor making the engine cut out.
What sound does it make when you open the throttle?
After you've checked all those things, and it still doesnt work, then I'm at a loss :eusa_wall
I know thats alot to take in. But you asked for help and I hope it does help.:eusa_danc

Myth
11-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Yes I got one but I'm not a expert. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!