PDA

View Full Version : [+16 rep] - help!

Immenseman
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
OK, firstly not sure what forum this should go in so would be appreciated if this is wrong for a moderator to move it so the thread is in the correct location.

Basically, my mic doesn't work on MSN and I don't know why. It used to but no longer does, I may have messed with settings, I wouldn't know. When I go to Audio and Video settings it says it is picking up sound but when I go to do a voiceclip on MSN it doesn't let me because it says "No sound was detected"

It works fine on skype and things. If anyone might know how to resolve this please bear in mind I know nothing about computers so if you want me to do anything even relatively technical related you'll have to make it clear.

Help would be appreciated, thanks :D x

Moved by preposterous (Forum Moderator) - Thread moved from 'Discuss Anything (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)' to 'Technical Problems (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)'as its more appropriate here.

Swearwolf
12-06-2009, 11:22 PM
yo.
open MSN, click Tools at the top and Click Audio and video set up. when you get the page saying "select which microphone would you like to use" choose the right one and continue :D

Immenseman
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
didn't work :( +rep for ur troubles.

Callum.
12-06-2009, 11:30 PM
not sure if this would work but it did for me. my mic could barely be heard, so I went to realtek audio manager, the microphone tab and put the microphone boost to full.

just depends if you have that audio manager i guess, sorry if not.

Immenseman
12-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I have looked at all the mic settings and they're fine. It works fine everywhere else just not when I want to send voice clips to people via MSN.

Misawa
13-06-2009, 12:00 AM
What about a voice call on MSN rather than a clip. Does that work?

Charlottay!
13-06-2009, 12:30 AM
which version of msn r u using? and what version is the person ur sendin sound to using.

i no i cant send sound and stuff to some people cause of the different versions.

or is ur mic been used by any other software that is taking priority of msn usage?

dunno just some things ive come up with.

Chippiewill
13-06-2009, 02:20 AM
You could also try reinstalling MSN, it may have just glitched itself... If that doesn't work then try reinstalling sound drivers (Last resort, wait for more help first).

Also try in safe mode (/w networking)

Zokoli
13-06-2009, 05:03 AM
What, have you done now Jake?!
The microphone might of have busted somehow!
Try with a different microphone (argos do nice headsets for 6 quid! :P) then post results.
:D

Samishlol
13-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Depends what operating system you have. If you got Vista you need to config the microphone you plugin.

Unloyal
15-06-2009, 09:03 PM
If you're using Vista, make sure that your Microphone you plugged in is set to the default recording device.
I know mine was originally set to the PC's sound itself, until I had to play around with the settings.
If your PC's sound, is set to the original device and your mic plugged in is set to it on MSN, it may be causing conflict and thus not working.

Just a thought.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!