PDA

View Full Version : PS Store - Alternative Funding

AlexOC
13-06-2009, 01:58 PM
This is where i am at.

I need to buy the new Killzone maps, but my VISA account has no money in, I only have £6.99 (maps at £5) in paypal which will take ages to transfer to bank.

Is there anyway i can buy something of PS Store, which other ways can you fund it?

GommeInc
13-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Could always beg for a friend to do a transfer to your account?

I only know of using cards, are you near a PS3 or would you like me to have look on mine? :P I've got some updates to do anyway so wouldn't mind :)

AlexOC
13-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Could always beg for a friend to do a transfer to your account?

I only know of using cards, are you near a PS3 or would you like me to have look on mine? :P I've got some updates to do anyway so wouldn't mind :)

Have a look for what?

And can a friend download the maps then send them, ps3 to ps3?

GommeInc
13-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Have a look for what?

And can a friend download the maps then send them, ps3 to ps3?
Have a look and see if there alternative ways.

Anyway, mine just says add a Credit Card which I'm guessing is the only way to buy stuff from the store. I'm not sure if you can transfer maps from PS3 to PS3, it doesn't sound like something Sony would allow.

AlexOC
13-06-2009, 03:31 PM
So the way to do it is, change my password, allow friend access to my account, add card details, buy it, delete card details, log out, change password back and pay them via paypal?

GommeInc
13-06-2009, 04:09 PM
No I mean a friend/family member transfers money to your bank account, via a bank transfer (internet, in the bank, by phone) if their account allows it :)

Jam
13-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Hence why I got a PayPal card, but they cost £5 and take a fortnight to get there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!