PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on The Dark Knight...

Magnetez
13-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I walked into that cinema screen expecting a lovely treat from Mr. Nolan, what I got was something much worse. Like when you go into a very nice restaurant, looks all decorative, but when you get your main course it's no better then McDonalds.

The first couple of scenes were quite good and atmospheric, and built the story up well, but as soon as Batman started to fly around the city in all his electronic glory it went downhill. No one has better glory then Matthew Broderick. Don't get me started on Bale's performance, which goes down in history with the likes of Dana Carvey in The Master Of Disguise as one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Seriously, what's up with this? He was so plain and wooden and all around disgraceful to Brando and Pacino and DeNiro.

Then the plot. Oh, don't get me started on the plat. Absolutely awful. The storyline was silly and blown-out. Did Nolan think we were idiots? "OK, I MUST place this here so that the audience knows what's happening!" he must of thought every single god damn shot; seriously Nolan, we're not IDIOTS!! One of the funniest things about this film is how Heath Ledger TRIES SO HARD to be a scary little bank robber. Seriously dude, you're a bank robber, who the hell cares?! Oh scary, make-up and an evil grin makes us shake in our boots. The cinema I went to laughed when we first saw him on screen, it was just hilarious (unintenionally, of course).

This goes to show you that when you try really hard to make yourself a Batman film scary and deep and thrilling, it ends up a silly one-timer comedy that no one can really take serious, and leaves us one question on our lips from it's blatant attempts at horror: Why so serious? 1/10

..hehe

Misawa
13-06-2009, 02:38 PM
"Awful" would be a little too far in my opinion. I was very impressed the first time I saw it as I just sat back and enjoyed the ride, but I saw it a further two times with different people, and the second time began to see deeper into the film than just the glitz. You're right about Bale, he's incredibly weak to the film. The film is indeed way overrated, but I feel it's still a good film. I prefer both Batman and Batman Returns to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. On Heath Ledger, I enjoyed his performance as the Joker better than Nicholson's.

Magnetez
13-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh, I wrote this review before I even saw the film, HA! 'Twas a spoof, hum...

Although Bale was bad. Patrick Batman...

Misawa
13-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes, he plays a good part in American Psycho.

Toughened
14-06-2009, 11:49 AM
I thought it wasn't a half bad film, although some parts were slightly boring and I got lost during the end and didn't quite get it. I'll have to get round to watching it again.

Mikey
14-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I walked into that cinema screen expecting a lovely treat from Mr. Nolan, what I got was something much worse. Like when you go into a very nice restaurant, looks all decorative, but when you get your main course it's no better then McDonalds.

The first couple of scenes were quite good and atmospheric, and built the story up well, but as soon as Batman started to fly around the city in all his electronic glory it went downhill. No one has better glory then Matthew Broderick. Don't get me started on Bale's performance, which goes down in history with the likes of Dana Carvey in The Master Of Disguise as one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Seriously, what's up with this? He was so plain and wooden and all around disgraceful to Brando and Pacino and DeNiro.

Then the plot. Oh, don't get me started on the plat. Absolutely awful. The storyline was silly and blown-out. Did Nolan think we were idiots? "OK, I MUST place this here so that the audience knows what's happening!" he must of thought every single god damn shot; seriously Nolan, we're not IDIOTS!! One of the funniest things about this film is how Heath Ledger TRIES SO HARD to be a scary little bank robber. Seriously dude, you're a bank robber, who the hell cares?! Oh scary, make-up and an evil grin makes us shake in our boots. The cinema I went to laughed when we first saw him on screen, it was just hilarious (unintenionally, of course).

This goes to show you that when you try really hard to make yourself a Batman film scary and deep and thrilling, it ends up a silly one-timer comedy that no one can really take serious, and leaves us one question on our lips from it's blatant attempts at horror: Why so serious? 1/10

..hehe

I completely agree, seen it 3 times.. never again.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!